Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Wiseblood posted:

Man, that ending to the Sandral/Matale feud. :twisted:

my favorite dark side action in the whole series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Hoo boy this was a strong podcast.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Grouchio posted:

Hoo boy this was a strong podcast.

why? any particular reason?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I feel like this might be related slightly
https://twitter.com/WoolieWoolz/status/953065658970882049

(He's responding to a guy saying he shouldn't talk about religion, basically)

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I feel like this might be related slightly
https://twitter.com/WoolieWoolz/status/953065658970882049

(He's responding to a guy saying he shouldn't talk about religion, basically)
yeah, nahhhh. dude's mad he's talking negatively about religion as if it didn't profoundly negatively affect his life from day 1, woolie's response is perfectly reasonable. rather than "stop altogether", "just skip it" is totally fine.

also, have any of the best friends looked into Doki Doki Literature Club at all? I've fallen behind on SBF content a bit so I'm not sure if they've mentioned it at all or not. That'd be a hell of an LP, even if they'd probably get spoiled by idiot fuckers in the comments/twitter unless they marathoned a ton of it before uploading any.

edit: seems like Liam never did anything with it either, did it just completely pass them all by, or what?

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jan 16, 2018

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Captain Invictus posted:

yeah, nahhhh. dude's mad he's talking negatively about religion as if it didn't profoundly negatively affect his life from day 1, woolie's response is perfectly reasonable. rather than "stop altogether", "just skip it" is totally fine.

also, have any of the best friends looked into Doki Doki Literature Club at all? I've fallen behind on SBF content a bit so I'm not sure if they've mentioned it at all or not. That'd be a hell of an LP, even if they'd probably get spoiled by idiot fuckers in the comments/twitter unless they marathoned a ton of it before uploading any.

edit: seems like Liam never did anything with it either, did it just completely pass them all by, or what?

Matt played at least part of it on stream with his wife watching. edit: It didn't work well for his stream but he said he'd try to play the rest of it off stream later.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I'm glad that SBF don't really jump on flavour of the month games and instead play a wide variety of stuff

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

What was the podcast in question?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
today's probably shortly after the live recording

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Pockets has evolved into Christmas Pockets.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I can't wait for David Cage to get his rear end landed in court.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
After playing DBFZ through the beta, I came to a prophetic hot take: fighting game inputs are just wii motion control waggle. It'll make it much more bearable to replace what Woolie and Pat will say on the podcast with "waggle waggle waggle"

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Sephyr posted:

What was the podcast in question?
If you mean in regards to religion, apparently a dude got mad that woolie talks poo poo about religion on friendcasts and called him out on twitter, and Woolie replied pretty diplomatically all things considered. It was linked upthread.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

After playing DBFZ through the beta, I came to a prophetic hot take: fighting game inputs are just wii motion control waggle. It'll make it much more bearable to replace what Woolie and Pat will say on the podcast with "waggle waggle waggle"

You can get fighting game commands to come out consistently tho.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

If you mean in regards to religion, apparently a dude got mad that woolie talks poo poo about religion on friendcasts and called him out on twitter, and Woolie replied pretty diplomatically all things considered. It was linked upthread.

Ah. I thought it was about a specific podcast episode, not just in general.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
While I haven't listened to the latest one, it sounded like he was remarking to it specifically, so I guess when that comes out we will see

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Anyone have a link to the square cows and sheep they were taking about at the beginning of the podcast?

Edit:

Nvm they said what to google

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT9gtM8ptyc&hd=1

All the time Woolz was talking about the 3DO controller all I could think was "if you claw-styled like you're supposed to with 3 button controllers I bet it wouldn't be that much of a problem".

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
relevant again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-lE7i8lzMI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pwVEVj3Gzc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iibnwMwpmiI

e:missed one

KingShiro fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Jan 17, 2018

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Matt/woolie nier automata lp confirmed in the podcast!!!!!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Captain Invictus posted:

that's gonna be a loving mess

have they said anything about DBFZ story mode?

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Captain Invictus posted:

Thaaaat definitely needs a Pat to keep them moving, but there's no way he won't be watching and keeping them on track from the sidelines.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Pat with the surprise Endless Space 2 reference.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
if woolie's on sticks I can see matt losing interest pretty fast especially with how route b goes

if matt's on sticks woolie is going to be paying less than 0% attention and just start talking about random poo poo constantly like getting up all over again

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
It's not like there was very much to miss in Marc Eck's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Improbable Lobster posted:

It's not like there was very much to miss in Marc Eck's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure

like a dozen times in that series Woolie goes off on some wild tangent and then realizes ten minutes later that Matt's stuck on something, and his first suggestion is something Matt's already done several times

It's not fun LPing regardless of the game's quality

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I didn't watch the podcast stream but I don't recall any hints at Automata in the audio version, but they definitely said they'd be doing Telltale Batman 2 first an then something else which I took to be DBFZ.

Blockhouse posted:

if woolie's on sticks I can see matt losing interest pretty fast especially with how route b goes

if matt's on sticks woolie is going to be paying less than 0% attention and just start talking about random poo poo constantly like getting up all over again

They made it sound like Woolie would be playing the non-Batman game.

I think he's the worst when it comes to literally not paying attention to things - the others might verbally check out when they've lost interest in something but they don't completely ignore what's going on to the extent that he does.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

They shouldn’t do any LPs without Pat

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Andrast posted:

They shouldn’t do any LPs without Pat

pat needs to be there to guide hips, they cant do it themselves

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

I like Matt and I like Woolie but this is a terrible as gently caress idea.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
When did they say that? I just heard them doing Batman season 2.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Yeah, I have no idea where this scoop is coming from, because no one's talking about it on Reddit.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It was a joke about them not being allowed to watch some nier-styled meme thing to keep them safe from spoilers, because they have to be Authentically Surprised when the LP happens!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Also this Matt/Liam RE4 LP has been pretty fun so far

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I was very much with Pat when I initially assumed Arkham, because why the gently caress would they think anyone wants to watch another Telltale lp.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

The only LP Matt and Woolie should be doing is the THUG2 LP we were promised :colbert:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I can't wait for Matt and Pat to be forced into Geography 2 and get map notifications on stuff.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Screw the best friends for making GBS threads on the duke, I love that controller.

EDIT- I will admit that the black and white buttons were poorly placed, but that's my only real problem with it.

Monaghan fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Jan 17, 2018

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Monaghan posted:

Screw the best friends for making GBS threads on the duke, I love that controller.

You know who also loved clearly terrible ideas?

Yeah, that's right.

Matt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
People that defend the N64, Dreamcast and the Duke controllers are basically on some Secret of Amigara's Fault hand poo poo.