Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Addamere posted:

being a great teemo means AFKing at the enemy red buff brush for the entire game :hai:

is your new posting gimmick trying to convince me never to play a game with you or what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pog boyfriend posted:

is your new posting gimmick trying to convince me never to play a game with you or what

I cannot in good conscience advise anyone to play League of Legends; community is terrible, see the post you quoted as an example of a thing I have observed happen while the Teemo in question called everyone friend of the family in all chat.

But sure make this about me. :shrug:

e;
My "gimmick," if you want to say I have one besides posting screenshots of normal games, is to paraphrase the lovely sentiments of a lovely community as justification for being cynical/skeptical that non-assholes exist in this game.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
And now that we've had our brief foray into posting about posting, I'd like to remind everyone that Yasuo is still obnoxious and deserves to be constantly banned.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

last night i played an aram where a dude said he was going afk to smoke and someone should dodge if they had a problem with it. everyone in the lobby called his bluff that he was just hoping someone would dodge and he DC'd when he found out nobody did

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Twice this weekend 3 people fought over who was supposed to be mid and all refused to budge or dodge so we ended up with 3 people mid all spamming pings and demanding in all chat that everyone report the other two.

Second game that happened was a draft pick, so I joined them and we had 4 people mid doing nothing. :buddy:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My favorite League of Legends experience from this past weekend was undoubtedly the Varus/Rakan duo queue whom upon repeatedly dying 2v2 in lane decided the problem was that our jungler was not ganking for them enough so to punish him they started reporting our jungler's location in real time via all chat and of course also out came the racist slurs.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
My favorite league of legends experience was when the same person had 7 out of the last 10 posts ITT because they can't find the edit button

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
so that was a weird bots game

had a jinx and brand in the bottom, a nasus and a nocturne in the jungle, nobody top, and me in the middle on miss fortune

i dont know why we actually won that one

but i had a sick rear end laning phase so gently caress it who cares, i had caulfield's three minutes in or some poo poo,turns out after maining tris for a while miss fortune is the real champ im good at

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

had a jinx and brand in the bottom, a nasus and a nocturne in the jungle, nobody top, and me in the middle on miss fortune

but i had a sick rear end laning phase so gently caress it who cares, i had caulfield's three minutes in or some poo poo,turns out after maining tris for a while miss fortune is the real champ im good at

Fuckin A, brotein

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RealFoxy posted:

My favorite league of legends experience was when the same person had 7 out of the last 10 posts ITT because they can't find the edit button

appreciate the congrats

e; :justpost: more fam

Addamere fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Jan 16, 2018

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
She goes pew pew pew and my urge to click all the things is rewarded by playing her

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

what do bots do when no one goes to their lane

do they just body the tower super fast or do they adjust to match where players are or do they spam all chat with insults or

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

you ran into two accounts botting their way to 30, if you kill the camp they're at you can make the bad ones get stuck and DC

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

rabidsquid posted:

you ran into two accounts botting their way to 30, if you kill the camp they're at you can make the bad ones get stuck and DC

at least one of them was real but im p sure the nasus was a bot in hindsight

Addamere posted:

what do bots do when no one goes to their lane

do they just body the tower super fast or do they adjust to match where players are or do they spam all chat with insults or

the former in my experience, if the missing players are in jungle, because bots dont care about jungle

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
shout out to the nocturne jungler who gave me poo poo for running from a 4v1 because it was against bots when the next closest player was a full lane away and the enemy's nocturen bot (i think) had popped his ult that just shits on visibility

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
why are you running cries man who hasnt engaged the enmy except to gank my kills from under me all game

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

why are you running cries man who hasnt engaged the enmy except to gank my kills from under me all game

laughed irl at this

welcome to the league of legends experience, please continue posting your trip reports :cheerdoge:

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Addamere posted:

I cannot in good conscience advise anyone to play League of Legends; community is terrible, see the post you quoted as an example of a thing I have observed happen while the Teemo in question called everyone friend of the family in all chat.

But sure make this about me. :shrug:

e;
My "gimmick," if you want to say I have one besides posting screenshots of normal games, is to paraphrase the lovely sentiments of a lovely community as justification for being cynical/skeptical that non-assholes exist in this game.

stop posting

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Addamere posted:

Twice this weekend 3 people fought over who was supposed to be mid and all refused to budge or dodge so we ended up with 3 people mid all spamming pings and demanding in all chat that everyone report the other two.

Second game that happened was a draft pick, so I joined them and we had 4 people mid doing nothing. :buddy:

i don’t think these happened

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Verviticus posted:

i don’t think these happened

im not allowed to post screenshots of my normal game adventures in this thread anymore but if you are so inclined feel free to look up my summoner name Centigrade and you will not only find those games but also one where a blind pick spontaneously decided to make an all adc comp; and, if you are super inclined, you can even check to see that i've never played games prior with any of the people involved so it wasnt a bunch of people i knew getting together for a gimmick thing

it was fairly recent, i was jungle twitch

also shut up you smell like farts :o:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Addamere posted:

laughed irl at this

welcome to the league of legends experience, please continue posting your trip reports :cheerdoge:

I wouldn't have cared if he wasn't doing the thing that involved no interaction of ant kind for the whole game

Also he had just gotten stomped the one time he stuck his head out

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Wow the only thing better than that guy posting 19 times in a row is him posting 19 times in a row while dickeye gives him big ups.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Work Friend Keven posted:

Wow the only thing better than that guy posting 19 times in a row is him posting 19 times in a row while dickeye gives him big ups.

guess i was wrong and posting about posting is cool and good :geno:

Desperately trying to steer this conversation back towards discussion of the video game League of Legends: after reading advice from a couple pages ago, I started removing Tiamat from my build on Poppy and I'm not really seeing a noticeable decrease in cs across several games; so, I think you guys were right in saying it's just not as good an option for wave-clear as Sunfire Cape, which i was building anyway most of the time. It was just a completely superfluous 1,200 gold tax I was putting on myself for apparently no real reason, and thanks to some smart people in this thread I stopped doing that.

so thanks for speaking up about that :)

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Work Friend Keven posted:

I didn't give him ups friend Keven

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I killed the jungler and stole baron from spawn with no vision today.

skillshot life

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

its curtains for Kevin posted:

skillshot life

i was in a blind draft a few days ago where my team was losing bad and starting to tilt then our khazix just fired blind into baron because we had no vision but knew they were doing it and got the kill

we then won a few minutes later :toot:

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
im honestly happier just assuming you were making it up tbh

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Verviticus posted:

im honestly happier just assuming you were making it up tbh

take your happiness where you can find it my dude

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

Hey to that fizz I ran into in normals tonight: sorry your team sucked I believed in you but the leblabc/brand botlane was a hell of a handicap. Hit me up sometime and we'll duo.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!
I ran into this guy http://euw.op.gg/summoner/userName=toucanceleste while doing a bot game for first win a few days ago.

I dunno how fast you could grind IP in the old system with boosts active but this guy has gotten ~270k BE (not including milestone levels, thats probably atleast 40k more plus cosmetics) since the new levelling system came out.
(And Nolife Raphael has gotten 325k+, plus milestones)

iSurrender fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Jan 16, 2018

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
does anyone have the old kingcobweb "how to play support miss fortune" video

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

my team tried to baron at 20 minutes when we were up 10 kills

we lost 20 minutes later

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
does garen have a hard time vs vlad top or did i just suck poo poo

ranked is scary, even in these placements i feel entirely outclassed

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Kitfox88 posted:

does garen have a hard time vs vlad top or did i just suck poo poo

ranked is scary, even in these placements i feel entirely outclassed

Vlad is strong right now, and Garen doesn't really do the kind of burst you need to shut him down before he starts lifestealing. Build a bramble vest early and you'll have an easier time of it.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Ask me about playing a normal where it felt like everyone went ADC except for the liss that spent the whole game idling at the shop and winning anyway because our team actually worked together and also bc miss fortune is a house sometimes

Also I wiffed an ult really hard and it felt bad as hell

For my first normal tho it was fun as heck and less frustrating than bots

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

its curtains for Kevin posted:

skillshot life

I think doing this sort of thing with Jhin is the greatest feeling, you warn them heavily with the first 3 shots and some people will try and outwit the fourth and you'll just take dragon or baron.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

njsykora posted:

Vlad is strong right now, and Garen doesn't really do the kind of burst you need to shut him down before he starts lifestealing. Build a bramble vest early and you'll have an easier time of it.

Spectres cowl, not bramble, no?

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Support is way more fun now

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Hmm wow the support had almost as much gold as mid I wonder what hap---

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

What is the best Jarvan skin folks