Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Johnny Walker posted:

I thought it would be a sort of teen soap strip but more lighthearted. I didn't really have a clear idea, but I did not expect satellites to fall from the sky and weird shadow creatures floating through the woods and things like that.

One of the old gang of characters was turned into a zombie for a bit, she tried to cope with her lust for brains by eating cauliflower. In the future, she becomes a time-traveler defense attorney. That is to say, a defense attorney for time-travelers.

The comic can be a wild ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

FrumpleOrz posted:

God drat, I thought she had a boob job on first glance at this comic. Who thought that elbow was a good idea?!

The poor art means it's impossible to tell whether a given tinkerson's is edited.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

RandomPauI posted:

One of the old gang of characters was turned into a zombie for a bit, she tried to cope with her lust for brains by eating cauliflower. In the future, she becomes a time-traveler defense attorney. That is to say, a defense attorney for time-travelers.

The comic can be a wild ride.

HEY! Spoilers!

Also, latest Bad Machinery is on the previous page.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Tiggum posted:

Heathcliff

it appears the tenmen have some competition

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Yvonmukluk posted:

HEY! Spoilers!

Also, latest Bad Machinery is on the previous page.

I'm sure they'll forget the spoilers if they start reading from the very first comic, Bobbins. Which started 1998.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bloom County - A frog! A green frog!

Randaconda fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Jan 16, 2018

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.

Tunicate posted:

The poor art means it's impossible to tell whether a given tinkerson's is edited.

I posted it and even I think it's an edit. That I somehow got from comicskingdom. For goodness sake, the punchline in the final panel is edited out and it's just a pastejob of the third panel so the new joke is that he's staring at her boobs!

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Strontium posted:

I posted it and even I think it's an edit. That I somehow got from comicskingdom. For goodness sake, the punchline in the final panel is edited out and it's just a pastejob of the third panel so the new joke is that he's staring at her boobs!

Wait, that's not an edit?

...I didn't know you could run something like that in American newspapers.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

Did it work? Does that work in normal Marvel?

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Prof. Filutek (April 11th 1948)

The professor is much more shady than I remember. The Rita Hayworth movie is clearly “for adults only”. WTF, Filutek.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

JaggerMcDagger posted:

That's actually how Spidey beat Sandman in his very first appearance!

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WindyMan posted:

And while I'm at it, a shoutout to Manuel Calavera for reguarly posting Bizarro. To everyone else, too, for keeping this thread going for so long!

:3:

I just get them from SeattlePI, so I wasn't aware/don't keep track of his blog. So, good to know.

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

I wanna see this same comic, but reversed with the dad's aftershaves and hair growth formulas or something. Like, my mother and sisters used a lot of shampoos and whatnot, but I understood that they usually did different things.

Any other comic this would've just been a dumb joke, but something about Dustin's dad makes me so fuckin' angry.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

I have to say, that's not a bad parody.

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I like that there's a picture of Elvis sneezing in the first panel. That's a cute touch. :3:

SpacePig posted:

Any other comic this would've just been a dumb joke, but something about Dustin's dad makes me so fuckin' angry.
It's because Ed is unironically supposed to be the "one sane personman" in the strip. We're expected to identify with him as he rolls his eyes at women/millennials/minor life inconveniences.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum
Perishers (1986)

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Flash Gordon

2005 Spiderman

Just Get To The Spider-Hulk Already

Magnificatz

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Time for Bernice to find out Ann Eiffel is running this lingerie party business and ruin her life.

Haifisch posted:

2005 Spiderman

When I read that "NEXT" I thought they'd get to the elevator and Kraven would be in there. I'm a little disappointed that's not what happened.

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Get on with it already. It's so annoying when the stretching is incredibly obvious.

Apartment 3-G

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Transmodiar posted:

Modesty Blaise

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

My guess? Since Tiffany is a high maintenance girl she's going to look at it and inform them its cheap chinese ripoffs / from Kmart.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Alterian posted:

My guess? Since Tiffany is a high maintenance girl she's going to look at it and inform them its cheap chinese ripoffs / from Kmart.

It's an MLM scam, so of course it is.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Two redundant panels in today's already entirely pointless strip that does nothing to advance the plot. Jackel Rod can't pace his way out of a paper bag.

Alterian posted:

Ding ding ding!

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

no, see, the square ball is for this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnGDOK9zrPE

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Transmodiar posted:

Modesty Blaise

Angry man in an animal mask talking to someone about things they don't understand, where have I seen that before...

FAKE EDIT:

:mad:

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Tiggum posted:

If it's not too much trouble, could you post the dates with these in future? It makes it easier to find them on GoComics.
I will add dates in every now and then. I'm usually in a bit of a rush, posting comics during a quick work break.

Pickles (today)

Ham Shears (2/27/12)

The Creeps (4/3/13)

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

JaggerMcDagger posted:

I can't cite an issue off the top of my head, but I'm almost certain Spidey's done this at least once in the comics.

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

I've gotta hand it to Evans, the $ wafting out of the bottle changing to a ˘ is a nice touch

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Peter Parker*: "My Phantom sense is tingling!"

*for the Peter who parks!

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

csammis posted:

I've gotta hand it to Evans, the $ wafting out of the bottle changing to a ˘ is a nice touch

That, and Tiffany actually getting to play a protagonist role make this a good comic, by Luann's standards. :v:

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
I didn't see the original announcement get posted here, I assume since it's somewhat tangential, but in case you heard about and were excited for Archie's Dick Tracy series, sorry.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

EasyEW posted:

Sally Forth

Disturbing Comics from Earth-82826!

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (June 19, 2006)

Arlo and Janis Classic (June 19, 1996)

Garfield Classic (June 19, 1986)

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon
Ballard Street. I want that desk.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Does anyone have the original red and rover comics that spawned 'red and rover' being a phrase used in here? It was them explaining 'peanuts' comics as though explaining jokes was a joke.

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks
Alphonse and Gaston

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (July 12, 1952)

Wash Tubbs (April 29, 1930)

Lil' Abner (January 25, 1938)