Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Gotta appreciate that Russian Nazi in Israel who bsaically says the racism of the native Israelis towards him as an immigrant made him racist in turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/952715222799781889

GalacticAcid fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jan 15, 2018

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

comrade jeff takes to the floor

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

GalacticAcid posted:

Ukraine is an antisemitic child nation that requires Russia’s firm, ruling hand.

I mean yeah but all of europe.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
now this is really going too far

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13wcHsNc9v8

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

now this is really going too far

no poo poo, now they're trying to favorably compare Trump to a man who successfully took control of an emerging empire, won the bloodiest existential war of all time, and held power until he died?

Trump is only that competent in ben garrisons most feverish dreams

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

do NOT slander my beautiful uncle joe!!!!!

fabergay egg fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jan 15, 2018

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

loving idiots.

GoluboiOgon
Aug 19, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://themoscowtimes.com/news/putin-compares-communism-christianity-60181

quote:

Russia’s President Vladimir Putin said that Communism is “very similar” to Christianity while comparing Lenin’s mausoleum to saints’ relics, as part of televised remarks aired in Russia over the weekend.

Russia’s Communist Party welcomed Putin’s remarks as “reasonably smoothing out the controversies surrounding Lenin’s tomb,” ... “Communists and all other patriotic leftists know that communism is as close to Christianity as Christianity is far from those forms of capitalism that are in our country and economy today.”

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

rudatron posted:

european history is so dumb and convoluted that any any history curriculum is going to necessarily involve jumping over really important poo poo, the self-serving national narrative poo poo just means that you can't trust the people from any country to accurately know the full extent of even their own history, or whether or not the stuff that was taught to them is even true

also because they're each tiny little places, imagine trying to learn the history of indian tribes for 500 years in each region they lived in across the americas and all their petty rulers and wars

who gives a poo poo about euros

Paper With Lines
Aug 21, 2013

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries!

how does this help putin reinforce his position?

GoluboiOgon
Aug 19, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Paper With Lines posted:

how does this help putin reinforce his position?

it's a compromise. he gets to keep lenin's body in place, sparing him protests by the communists, but he gets to cast communism as an inferior form of christianity to placate the orthodox.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

The communist comeback is pretty good though.

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

mastershakeman posted:

also because they're each tiny little places, imagine trying to learn the history of indian tribes for 500 years in each region they lived in across the americas and all their petty rulers and wars

who gives a poo poo about euros

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
this viewpoint magazine might be one of my least favorite marxist magazines:

https://twitter.com/LarryWebsite/status/951962775957508097

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
we don't deign to approach this essay by approaching lenin as a world-conquering genius and theoretical mastermind -- a hero who stood atop the world with his enormously muscular legs, peering down with fiery eyes above a devilishly handsome beard. no, to understand the relevance of lenin, that icon of radical spontaneity and scientific correctness leading to creativity based in boundless optimism, we must ground lenin on a more humble note: that of a simple organizer, like all of us.

*cue 7,000 words, more than many lenin essays*

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i smell trotskyism.

i don't have any basis for it i just smell it.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

he who smelt it dealt it

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/krangtnelson/status/952948593211707392

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

this viewpoint magazine might be one of my least favorite marxist magazines:

https://twitter.com/LarryWebsite/status/951962775957508097

I haven’t read much from it since i originally figured it was kind of Jacobin 2. I was going to start reading it more after I saw a good thread from Asad Haider, one of the founding editors, basically castigating social democrats and bluntly stating his preference for MLs, particularly as far as white organizers go.

He uses or used TweetDelete so this is the only trace I can find. I’m on mobile but you’re welcome to try to find this thread in archives somewhere.

https://twitter.com/elinfinitoadios/status/949393307137925123

Anyway seeing Larry Website promote it makes me doubt that it’s good lol

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Comrade Big Dog

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

reading the comments on jacobin facebook posts

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Wheeee posted:

no poo poo, now they're trying to favorably compare Trump to a man who successfully took control of an emerging empire, won the bloodiest existential war of all time, and held power until he died?

Trump is only that competent in ben garrisons most feverish dreams

Thought you meant FDR for a minute

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

viewpoint mag? dog, that poo poo is mainstream social democratic bullshit. check out this blog post from an obscure salvadoran stalinist who writes his articles by copy pasting sentence fragments from mao's books

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/compartycanada/status/953127768417538049

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Enjoy posted:

Thought you meant FDR for a minute

FDR "won" World War 2 only in the sense that Mariano Rivera "won" baseball games.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

(thumbing through the latest jacobin)

wow this is so fuckin menshevik

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Never going to get used to people throwing around hundred-year-old Russian political faction names as insults.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

(at this month's communist party canada meeting)

comrades, I have wonderful news. this is a momentous occasion for our organization, I am proud to announce... we got a paragraph into the letters to the editor section of Jacobin, a menshevik rag.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
bad theory

bad feels

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

FDR "won" World War 2 only in the sense that Mariano Rivera "won" baseball games.

To make it easier for you to understand, America had more manpower and IC left after the peace deal fired

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Enjoy posted:

To make it easier for you to understand, America had more manpower and IC left after the peace deal fired

That's HoI2 lingo

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Something needs to be done about Canada.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Enjoy posted:

No duh? America never had to fight on her own soil, so it's kind of obvious that they'd have a lot more industry and manpower left-over, but to credit them with "won the bloodiest existential war of all time" is a huge stretch considering that not only did they come in at the tail-end of the conflict to clean-up after the Soviets had already done the brunt of the fighting, it wasn't even existential for them in the least.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

No duh? America never had to fight on her own soil, so it's kind of obvious that they'd have a lot more industry and manpower left-over, but to credit them with "won the bloodiest existential war of all time" is a huge stretch considering that not only did they come in at the tail-end of the conflict to clean-up after the Soviets had already done the brunt of the fighting, it wasn't even existential for them in the least.

That makes them smart.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Smart like Donald Trump Jr is smart for being rich af

Also you can tell how seriously to take an ostensible Marxist by how much they talk about dead and buried Russian bullshit because the Bolsheviks were wrong, they hosed it up, and they have nothing to teach us at this point.

Leftism will only flourish if and when it stops being consumed by cosplaying Bolshevik cargo cultists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
The idea that there is nothing to learn from the Soviet project is laughably stupid.