Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Improbable Lobster posted:

The B-Wing is such a unique design and I'm continually disappointed that they haven't gotten more than a few seconds of screentime in the films.

Yeah, it's really a shame. They did at least have the resistance bomber in Episode 8 which was clearly inspired by the B-Wing, but it's very much not the same.

Source

Source

Source

Source

Edit: The guy who did the last one of the bomber has a lot of other neat stuff that's worth checking out:

https://adamkop.deviantart.com/

EmmyOk posted:

3. If you are posting more than five images then put them in an imgur album and direct link to that instead of posting the images. It'd be good to include a description of what the album is a dump of too.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody has a new favorite as of 16:42 on Jan 16, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://twitter.com/radeleine/status/952969475879505920

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's so weird, but wonderful, that bkub has gotten his very own anime, and I hear it's good!

edit: for content, some more good things, like a free game that everyone should play and have some good fun with!

Captain Invictus has a new favorite as of 18:04 on Jan 16, 2018

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I played about 5 minutes of that game before giving up on it. You’re not fooling me into playing a dating sim, I don’t care if it “gets good, no really”

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Heath posted:

I played about 5 minutes of that game before giving up on it. You’re not fooling me into playing a dating sim, I don’t care if it “gets good, no really”

You chose... wisely.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Heath posted:

Yeah it doesn't

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Heath posted:

People can try, but that's about it.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Heath posted:

It's a horror game, but it takes about an hour or two to get there. I haven't got through it myself so I won't attest to whether it gets good or not.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Um. Hello? Please do not spoil recent things without tags, thank you for your cooperation.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Invictus you were posting full untagged undertale spoilers mere weeks after it came out

Who the gently caress cares that DDLC gets all spooky

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

Um. Hello? Please do not spoil recent things without tags, thank you for your cooperation.

Ignoring that it's the headline for just about every story on it, "psychological horror" is the first tag that shows up on the steam page and "this game is not suitable for children or those who are easily disturbed" is the bottom line of the About section. I think it was also the first thing that pops up when you load the game?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

TGLT posted:

Ignoring that it's the headline for just about every story on it, "psychological horror" is the first tag that shows up on the steam page and "this game is not suitable for children or those who are easily disturbed" is the bottom line of the About section. I think it was also the first thing that pops up when you load the game?

to be fair, "psychological horror" as a tag is a Steam meme at this point and gets applied to basically every game

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Improbable Lobster posted:

Invictus you were posting full untagged undertale spoilers mere weeks after it came out

Who the gently caress cares that DDLC gets all spooky

captain invictus is sexually attracted to the goat mom so it's a different situation don't conflate the two

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

TGLT posted:

It's a horror game

It's actually not. Horror games have to have something actually scary in them.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Who What Now posted:

Hoo, buddy. That hasn't been true about any part of the Horror genre since *at least* Toxic Avenger.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Who What Now posted:

So, how’s the business going for you?

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

deadly_pudding posted:

Hoo, buddy. That hasn't been true about any part of the Horror genre since *at least* Toxic Avenger.

Toxic Avenger isn't horror though. It's a superhero movie shot like a slasher movie.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

rodbeard posted:

Toxic Avenger isn't horror though. It's a superhero movie shot like a slasher movie.

It's a super hero horror comedy, just like 80% of Freddy Kruger films.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
ahhhhhHHHHGGG

GHAAAGGG

genre distinctions aren't based on quality and this is all just a very silly derail for the fanart thread

sources: Lactea Way and Purple Plague, which both appear to be SFW tumblrs.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I haven't played DDLC yet, but people whose opinion I actually respect (ie: anyone on this planet except invictus) have told me it's good so I will definitely play it eventually.

speaking of :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7M12GQ1_jE

aside from that, while I never played kancolle, some of the fanart is pretty good/cute imho :

or just weird

do videos count as pictures? nothing in the OP says they do so I'm just gonna squeeze in this Doom X Pop Team Epic thing right here.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
From what I understand Kancolle isn't much of a game, really. It's one of those things where you come for the memes.

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery
The Cranberries art
https://imgur.com/a/IjHrr

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://twitter.com/aurahack/status/953090243393216513

https://twitter.com/aurahack/status/953090353019736064

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
DDLC isn't exactly scary, it just made me sad. When it's not pretending to be a bog standard dating sim, the depictions of mental illness and abuse are sadly really accurate.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

What's to be apologetic about?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

StandardVC10 posted:

From what I understand Kancolle isn't much of a game, really. It's one of those things where you come for the memes.

It's a gatchapon/lootbox mobile game that exists exclusively to get creeps to spend money on anime jpegs. You'd have to be a very sad sad person to enjoy it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
https://twitter.com/MrHaydenMyers/status/848769869101314048

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.

A thing of awesome beauty.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

This is the only piece of Doki Doki fanart you need

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Arcsquad12 posted:

DDLC isn't exactly scary, it just made me sad. When it's not pretending to be a bog standard dating sim, the depictions of mental illness and abuse are sadly really accurate.

Yeah that first "scene" was really not good for me. :smith:

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Foxhound posted:

Yeah that first "scene" was really not good for me. :smith:
As someone who has experienced that multiple times in my life, same, but it's still well written. What it does right after is a food twist too.

Also, yuri is the genuinely scariest, the bodily oils thing made me shudder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Anime girls - absolutely terrifying.

• Locked thread