Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

jesus. this is probably the saddest "exaggerated" features stand in outside ben garrison. also lol at the loving purity seals in the picture because of course he has those too. also the angry face.
im watching through his other videos, and he's rapidly becoming my favourite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

quote:

Also this was never acknowledged by Sarkeesian or Feminist Frequency as an organization and beyond that most egregiously the games media never called her on it because she's the empress and to call her into question would be heresy of the highest order to people like Jim Sterling and so on so forth. Spineless Cowardly Cucks!

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
Part of the issue is also applying pure logic to social principles without taking into account any social or historical context.

Thus,

racism is bad ->
all racism is equally bad ->
jokes about white tears are just as bad as racist jokes about black people ->
lefties are hypocrites for condemning the latter but not the former ->
therefore lefties don't really care about racism

might be a logical train of thought if "black" and "white" were abstract categories of people, rather than real communities of people existing in the context of hundreds of years of slavery, Jim Crow, and racism.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Tias posted:

Don't know about your dude, but the internet is chock full of clueless 20-something white guys who will act superiour because they are rational and always base their emotions on logic, except they don't, they just act like anything they already agree with is the logical choice and thus right, and are too retarded to realize that they're doing it.

A former friend of mine fell down this particular rabbit hole back in his mid-20s. He treats his wife horribly.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Ze Pollack posted:

it's also worth noting that before he went to jail and met his new buddies he was, while still a massive prick, more a vaguely liberal freedom-of-speechey type

radicalization is a hell of a drug

According to weev his prison friends were Nigerian criminals. I don't think he was making friends with aryan shot callers, it's just that being put in prison crystallized his hate of the American government and african-americans.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Neon Noodle posted:

This poo poo isn’t really going to get any better as long as there is a lost generation of young men who don’t have a sense of identity or purpose in life.

Europe sent all their failsons to die in a little thing called World War I & II, just a thought.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Captain_Maclaine posted:

A former friend of mine fell down this particular rabbit hole back in his mid-20s. He treats his wife horribly.

Figures. I've never met a 'rationalist' sperglord who didn't also justify misogyny.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 29 days!)

crime weed posted:

im watching through his other videos, and he's rapidly becoming my favourite

Bass Break here is an obvious beat off session, which is funny because the whole point is to make you feel bad about being tittilated because reducing complex people to mere sexual objects is wrong. The heroic struggle involves overcoming the demonic urge to indulge in base instincts, in order to love people for who they are instead of hate or covet them for what they are. His evaluation is purely based on his own sense of personal taste and what the show made him feel, and it lacks anything more than a surface level understanding of the material - which is why he's larping Warhammer Fantasy in his own brand art. He enjoys the visceral experience, but has nothing to say about the narrative intent, and really doesn't even care to try and understand what it's saying.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Bass Break here is an obvious beat off session, which is funny because the whole point is to make you feel bad about being tittilated because reducing complex people to mere sexual objects is wrong. The heroic struggle involves overcoming the demonic urge to indulge in base instincts, in order to love people for who they are instead of hate or covet them for what they are. His evaluation is purely based on his own sense of personal taste and what the show made him feel, and it lacks anything more than a surface level understanding of the material - which is why he's larping Warhammer Fantasy in his own brand art. He enjoys the visceral experience, but has nothing to say about the narrative intent, and really doesn't even care to try and understand what it's saying.

Because that stuff is jew continental philosophy, and not the pure white art of liking nerd power fantasies

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UboD_t2_5XM&t=101s

extremely normal response to a teenager wearing a form concealing t-shirt

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Lamebot posted:

Europe sent all their failsons to die in a little thing called World War I & II, just a thought.

I more than II from the sound of it.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Tias posted:

Figures. I've never met a 'rationalist' sperglord who didn't also justify misogyny.

It's the same drat pattern. They argue about something, he's intentionally hurtful until she loses it, then he claims she's being emotional and therefore has ceded the argument to him, the Calm Rational Thinker. I don't talk to him anymore, but I feel bad for their daughter.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
*gets handed divorce papers* not an argument!

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

rudatron posted:

*gets handed divorce papers* not an argument!

They almost did a number of years ago, but he wouldn't sign off on it and she wouldn't force the issue. It was maddening, until I gave up caring out of frustration.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
i'm starting to think these rationalist just... aren't very rational

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Oh my god who even cares about Anita anymore, why don't they let go already

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/ArmyStrang/status/953347403247218689

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

hackbunny posted:

Oh my god who even cares about Anita anymore, why don't they let go already
i dont think you understand. they can't. gamergate was central to forming what the modern alt-right is today.

in their discord meme hives, you'll still find them sperging about Zoe Quinn & Anita to this day.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Zoe Quinn is the original deep state

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Someone want to break down those medals because that seems like an awful lot to be that dumb.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

It's impossible to ignore Anita Sarkeesian when she has so much influence in the UN.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

lol dumbass showing off his rack and unit insignia. this is absolutely making it to his commanding officer :xd:

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Telsa Cola posted:

Someone want to break down those medals because that seems like an awful lot to be that dumb.

it should be a very identifiable set and people in the replies already figured out his unit from the insignia

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

so this guy is totally stealing valor right

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Zikan posted:

so this guy is totally stealing valor right

i feel like anyone who actually knew what his medals meant probably would know better than to pose them behind a nazi meme on social media but these people have proven themselves stupid as hell in the past, so who knows

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

I didn't realize how terrible bigotry truly is until I saw this

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Ague Proof posted:

I didn't realize how terrible bigotry truly is until I saw this

life is hard for a military brony

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Congratulations sir on both getting likely fried out by your CO and creating an exploitable internet meme which will echo your stupidity though the ages

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
what punishment would a soldier expect for doing something like this

like an official reprimand or he is permanently assigned to poo poo jobs now becuase everyone knows hes a loving morong

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That looks fake as hell

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

What people said about the "dumb kids thinking it's a joke" is on track but it's more complicated than that.

It's a common tactic for terrorist groups or murderers to recruit members / accomplices by throwing something a little extreme out into conversation to see how the people react. If they react badly, the recruiter moves on. If the person seems interested, they slowly start amping up the ideas until they culminate in action. This is how Eric recruited Dylan and tried to recruit their other friend for the Columbine massacre. Eric constantly talked about murder and wanting people to die but everyone besides himself and Dylan thought he was joking.

None of that will be a surprise to anyone here though. We always knew that the nazi "jokes" were anything but. I think there are many lovely "anti-sjw" edgelord teens who thought things were ironic, but still agreed with the spirit of the movement.

I'm not sure that Cville caused them to realize it had gone "too far" or was "actually real" or something. They had already gleefully engaged in and celebrated violence on the streets for months before. But Cville was horrible enough, and society reacted badly enough to remind them that there are consequences. The follow-up punch of Boston, a complete and utter rout by thousands of counterdemonstrators humiliated them and depicted them as weak (a fascist sin) and outnumbered. They had been forced out of their consequence-free playground of poo poo and they lost interest, probably feeling black-pilled and returning to videogames.

The scary takeaway is that if they felt as though there were no consequences for taking part in the movement, they would have continued to do so. And perhaps, if society degrades enough to excuse open white supremacist street violence and lynch mobs again, they'll close VRchat and dust off their pepe shirts to go out and play.

Bullfrog has issued a correction as of 21:24 on Jan 16, 2018

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Telsa Cola posted:

Generally a good rule of thumb, beyond the obvious poo poo like anything suggesting special forces is the more medals, the more likely you got a fake.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

wrong thread

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Bullfrog posted:

The scary takeaway is that if they felt as though there were no consequences for taking part in the movement, they would have continued to do so. And perhaps, if society degrades enough to excuse open white supremacist street violence and lynch mobs again, they'll close VRchat and dust off their pepe shirts to go out and play.

The frog nazis absolutely do want to change the zeitgeist with "jokes". We are lucky that there aren't a lot of them and whenever they come offline they are revealed as absolute freaks.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Bullfrog posted:

big posto

mirrors my thinking on the issue, unite the right was bad but 50 people or whatever it was in boston cowering in a gazeba being surrounded by thousands was humiliating. even based fedman was pissing himself, bad optics yo

now theyre down to doing 10 man photoshoots at 2am in the morning before fleeing or meeting in a loving forest in the middle of nowhere. hell werent they kicked out of a confederate march somewhere recently

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Visidan posted:

mirrors my thinking on the issue, unite the right was bad but 50 people or whatever it was in boston cowering in a gazeba being surrounded by thousands was humiliating. even based fedman was pissing himself, bad optics yo

now theyre down to doing 10 man photoshoots at 2am in the morning before fleeing or meeting in a loving forest in the middle of nowhere. hell werent they kicked out of a confederate march somewhere recently

yeah, the thing that's stopping them isn't whether or not it's all a joke, it's whether or not they get opposed, and luckily it's possible to oppose these idiots

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Dmitri-9 posted:

The frog nazis absolutely do want to change the zeitgeist with "jokes". We are lucky that there aren't a lot of them and whenever they come offline they are revealed as absolute freaks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_BQfQMHvDs

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

exploded mummy posted:

was it like this

Or this

it was that exact scout snipers photo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Tias posted:

I AM RATIONAL AND YOU ARE NOT
IF YOU WERE RATIONAL LIKE ME YOU COULD CONVINCE ME
I'VE NEVER BEEN WRONG YET, TF I AM THE MOST RATIONAL
BEEP BEEP BEEP