Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

no_recall posted:

Final Numbers are in:

Total : 2.75M

Unrounded:
Tied for first place:
Baxta 2.8
crisp roberts 2.8

Tied for third place
trucutru 2.7
Dogeh 2.7

This is not how the parp is right works! :colbert:

I demand a Plinko showdown!

trucutru fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jan 16, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

“The enemy of art is the absence of limitations.”

-Orson Wells in a 2014 supernatural ghosty totally glowing guys letter to Chris Roberts

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Beexoffel posted:

That's been some proper exploring.
How many systems did you visit?
I just got back from a long trip in my DBX as well.

Probably around... 400 or so? Max distance from start capped out over 13k LY

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

ManofManyAliases posted:

Well, I've made a lot more than I have lost so I don't think I've done terribly at all.

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

I got Elite in the Christmas Steam sale and there's some good fun to be had.

It's amazing how many of SC's promises are fulfilled in the game. It's even easy to confuse NPCs and players. You can explore an insanely large galaxy, land on planets but only crappy ones, bring people on space tours and not serve them drinks...

What's not amazing is the influence of grognard fuckheads on their forums whose boners quickly wilt if something takes less than 500 hours to do. The overlap between SC and elite fans must be immense, despite the SC reddit hatred for it.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Spatial posted:

It's amazing how many of SC's promises are fulfilled in the game. It's even easy to confuse NPCs and players. You can explore an insanely large galaxy, land on planets but only crappy ones, bring people on space tours and not serve them drinks...

...in VR!

Open Layer
Apr 16, 2008

AutismVaccine posted:

The best dogs are Labradors (Retriever). They are intelligent as gently caress and like eating and are good to guard little kids.

Also, all dogs are the best dogs.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Open Layer posted:

Also, all dogs are the best dogs.

Not the little ones, who are overbread. These can get stupid as gently caress

CrazyLoon posted:

Grew up with two black ones (non retriever) and can confirm those really like eating (maybe a bit more) and might be a little less intelligent. Tho they guarded me and my bros as kids p fine.

gogogo lab squad!

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

AutismVaccine posted:

Not the little ones, who are overbread. These can get stupid as gently caress

Horrific and _sickening_ truths.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Spatial posted:

I got Elite in the Christmas Steam sale and there's some good fun to be had.

What's not amazing is the influence of grognard fuckheads on their forums whose boners quickly wilt if something takes less than 500 hours to do. The overlap between SC and elite fans must be immense, despite the SC reddit hatred for it.

elite is wonderful in VR. One of the most engaging games there is right now, the downside is it can get a little boring at times if you go space trucker route. And it is kinda hard when looking for bindings etc when blind.
All in all great time waster and just epic if you want to see sights and get about. didnt do much fighting myself as it took a bit just to get use to the 6dof.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Hav posted:

The overbreadness triples every second

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

this needs to be on the new page

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Hav posted:

Those doggos look.... Overbread. :smuggo:

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

Xaerael posted:

Those doggos look.... Overbread. :smuggo:

They look more inbread to me.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

iospace posted:

Probably around... 400 or so? Max distance from start capped out over 13k LY

Nice trip!
By counting the pages submitted when I got back last Sunday, I did some 2050. And 25k ly out.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
Thanks for this suggestion who-ever it was (I think it was Gorf)

from left to right Sean tracy, Calix Reneau, Tony Z, The Crobbles, The succubus, Matt Sherman, Dave Haddock

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Galarox posted:

A goon hero.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Beexoffel posted:

Nice trip!
By counting the pages submitted when I got back last Sunday, I did some 2050. And 25k ly out.

Mine was weird because I had a few station stops along the way. The longest leg was between the Crab Pulsar and some place randomly picked out east of there that lead me to 13k out, then back to the bubble.

Still haven't dropped my data yet, got a few places to go with it.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
I would pay to see Sandi Gardiner in a movie- if only that were possible...

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

Quavers posted:

Wavey hands of Crobberts, very very fright'ning me
(Tickle Sandi), tickle Sandi, (tickle Sandi), tickle Sandi. Tickle Sandi janky floor clipping the doooor
I'm just a poor scrub, no pledging land rights
He's just a poor scrub, not a true Citizen
Make him sweep floors on this Andromeda
Easy jank, easy clip, will you let me parp?
Derek Smart! No, we will not let you parp
(Let him parp!) Derek Smart! We will not let you parp
(Let him parp!) Derek Smart! We will not let you parp
(Let me parp.) Will not let you parp
(Let me parp.) Will not let you parp. (Let me parp.) Ah
Parp, parp, parp, parp, parp, parp, parp

Magnifico!

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

Define “movie.”
Also, define “pay.”

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Galarox posted:

from left to right Sean tracy, Calix Reneau, Tony Z, The Crobbles, The succubus, Matt Sherman, Dave Haddock

:eonwe::daryl::bird:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Galarox posted:

I was expecting this and I'm still blown away, you're doing real good work lmao

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Galarox posted:

:eyepop:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Sure is nice of them to make the Star citizen install take an entire day. Gives you plenty of time to rethink your life choices.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Beet Wagon posted:

Sure is nice of them to make the Star citizen install take an entire day. Gives you plenty of time to rethink your life choices.

Why would you ever uninstall it

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

D_Smart posted:

You're a Goon, so I think you have a very good shot at being hired. If they ask for a portfolio, just give them the link to The July Blog. :grin:

Oh I really wanted the job, so I sent the July Blog and the August Missive!!! I think I’m going to get it! :grin:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

This is a good zinger.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

if the ship does not fit, then you must acquit!

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

SomethingJones posted:

Calling All Devs

You do such a great job. Never feel unappreciated for these. :)

The best thing is that it seems like SCs worst enemy has always been SC. Nobody knows what’s happening, and nobody seems to actually be thinking about these things. It’s a lot of times like the first time they’ve heard some of these questions, even after they were probably vetted out for being answered. There’s nobody that can just start rattling off the designs these guys should be in the know about.

Also, about the Inner Thought thing, I hope this ends up scaring their role playing crowd. Those guys and girls I bet are a silent majority hiding in the wings already playing sc and preparing for their timely entrances to the game proper as all kinds of people ready to dive into the Second Life aspect of the game.

At no point in my entire loving life has one of my inner monologues been “stay frosty”. Imagine how ridiculous it will be to know that inside your characters head, they have the brains of Chris Roberts and his amazing writing talent.

Stay frosty.

:lol:

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Taintrunner posted:

lol

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Have you tried checking the prestigious clips4sale.com website?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Taintrunner posted:

if the shipt does not fit, then you must acquit

Minor edit based on your user name.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

:five::five::five:

I can't wait to show these to my wife :)

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Virtual Captain posted:

Was just wrapping up at work and put one of the streamers on in the background who was watching Calling All Devs (CaD)

He didnt even wait for it to end to declare, 'well that was non-informational'

They know they're being bullshitted and they don't seem to care. I heard more about some 300j jpeg than anything planned for 2018, it was all just bumbling rambling nonsense.

The next jpeg is the Most Important thing. It’s not the game. It’s just the money flow that everybody wants. SC is a money tree and until it’s uprooted somehow, probably legally, the whales will be an endless source of falling fruit from that tree.

Say enough to make it look genuine, but never enough to stop the possibility of wild speculation.

I’m sure they learned their lesson with the (very logical iteration of the) golf swing sensor mechanic.

That mechanic was pretty much ideal for a game. It had nothing wrong with it, and it would have been functional. The only problem is they sold this system as some kind of insane space ship with a $300 telescope attachment piece or something stupid, along with a huge diatribe about sensor mechanics and how it will all function and people felt like they could just make a game career over mastering the sensor suite. When they dared to imply that any loving idiot could do it by playing a stupid game of “raise the bar and let go of the mouse when it’s in the sweet spot” like Gears of War gun reloading, people flipped out. :allears:

People actually believe CR is somehow going to recreate real world science and limitless possibility and discovery in his already hugely overburdened game that can’t even get basic combat working right, nor flight mechanics for his space ships in his game about space games.

Star Citizen has been having a huge identity crisis since 2017 and it’s hilarious. Once somebody realized “all this space stuff... is hard!” it’s never been the same since. :)

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

SPERMCUBE.ORG posted:

Brevity is the soul of FUD.

FUD for thought...

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

D_Smart posted:

:five::five::five:

I can't wait to show these to my wife :)

Reading reddit, I was under the impression you were living in a cardboard box on the banks of a river and were penniless. Along with that you were without a heart and soul. So the Great Internet Warlord does have a softy spot. You need to add that to the foreword of your book to give Piper his proper due.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
Holy poo poo. :laffo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OuD_DfGzZM

----------------

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Taintrunner posted:

If it doesn’t clip, it’s not a ship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Colostomy Bag posted:

Reading reddit, I was under the impression you were living in a cardboard box on the banks of a river and were penniless. Along with that you were without a heart and soul. So the Great Internet Warlord does have a softy spot. You need to add that to the foreword of your book to give Piper his proper due.

Yeah, but only on weekends. :grin:

----------------