Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Chicken Selects are superior to nuggets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
tendies all the way

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Antioch posted:

Sweet and Sour exists and you goobers are fighting about BBQ vs. Honey Mustard? The internet was a mistake.

:hfive:

Agreed.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Chinese sauce on nuggets? Next you’re going to go yell at employees for not having Szechuan sauce.

McNuggets are nasty, Wendy’s nuggets are way better.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
Wendy's spicy nuggets no sauce or get the gently caress out

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Curry sauce on the fries

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Carrs/Safeway chicken tenders, no sauce.

Thanks Ants posted:

Curry sauce on the fries

I bought some fries from this little shop in italy when travelling that had a million different toppings. Stuff that I never would have thought of.

I dip my fries in mayonnaise.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

The Fool posted:

Same, but try some of this delicious kapsalon, mmmmm

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

The Fool posted:

Carrs/Safeway chicken tenders, no sauce.

I bought some fries from this little shop in italy when travelling that had a million different toppings. Stuff that I never would have thought of.

King Soopers / Kroger tenders, homemade Cane’s sauce. (2 parts mayo, 1 part ketchup, garlic powder and Worcester sauce to taste)

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

CLAM DOWN posted:

do i have to pay 300,000 / month in rent to buy this delicacy, or can I source it in the US somewhere

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

CLAM DOWN posted:

This looks loving amazing

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Sickening posted:

I feel when I am 60 people like you are going to still be calling for the end of the sysadmin.

Not sure why you got the idea that this is what I think. I was trying to recall the original punkbob vs the thread discussion.

As long as there’s poo poo running, there’ll be people maintaining said poo poo.

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003

Thanks Ants posted:

Curry sauce on the fries

Curry goes on bratwurst and items from the Indian subcontinent.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Judge Schnoopy posted:

do i have to pay 300,000 / month in rent to buy this delicacy, or can I source it in the US somewhere

It's a Dutch dish, take a trip!

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

If you guys aren't eating Publix Chicken Tenders I dunno wtf is wrong with all of you.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

The fact that Publix is a regional chain and isn't available everywhere?

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

CLAM DOWN posted:

It's a Dutch dish, take a trip!

Chicago leans more towards Mediterranean and middle-east dishes, and gently caress me if I can't find any dutch-leaning places that will sell me that awesome kapsalon food bucket. Does it go by any other name? Has anybody in the greater chicago area found this poo poo, and if so I will buy you one if you tell me where it is.

I should probably just eat my lunch and get back to work but you've sent me on a mission that I cannot abandon

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Judge Schnoopy posted:

Chicago leans more towards Mediterranean and middle-east dishes, and gently caress me if I can't find any dutch-leaning places that will sell me that awesome kapsalon food bucket. Does it go by any other name? Has anybody in the greater chicago area found this poo poo, and if so I will buy you one if you tell me where it is.

I should probably just eat my lunch and get back to work but you've sent me on a mission that I cannot abandon

I have never seen that, but I'm in the uk village area so I see a lot of polish/ukrainian food, Mediterranean, and standard american fare.

I'd kill for a decent German place near by.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

A good kielbasa is a pretty pro eat

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Thanks Ants posted:

Chicken Selects are superior to nuggets
Holy poo poo, did they bring those back? That was my go-to airport meal.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Depends where you are

https://www.mcdonalds.com/gb/en-gb/menu.html

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

MF_James posted:

I'd kill for a decent German place near by.

Ever since visiting Munich, there is a German-style Döner kebap-shaped void in my soul. That poo poo is SO GOOD and I haven't been able to really find anything exactly the same in the US. I'm sure it exists here and there but it's not just this ubiquitous thing I can pick up in almost any street corner or random town. Gyro/shawarma are very good but not quite the same thing.

I think I ate it literally every day for the ~week I was there :btroll:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Thanks Ants posted:

A good kielbasa is a pretty pro eat

Thats what she said

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

there's kapsalon in Nepal but i don't think any other country outside of the Benelux has experienced the epitome of dutch cuisine

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Judge Schnoopy posted:

Jeoh posted:

there's kapsalon in Nepal but i don't think any other country outside of the Benelux has experienced the epitome of dutch cuisine

Yeah I've never seen it outside The Netherlands/northern Belgium aka Vlaanderen, and no other name I know of. It's absolutely divine and was my favourite drunk food when I was there. You must find it.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I just want to say I got whiplash from the breakneck speed at which this thread switched from arguing about the future of sysadmins to talking about God drat mcnuggets.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Garrand posted:

I just want to say I got whiplash from the breakneck speed at which this thread switched from arguing about the future of sysadmins to talking about God drat mcnuggets.

If you can't figure out the latest thing maybe just get out of the way Grandpa

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
jaegerx is a thread hero, despite Clam Down's inevitable dissenting opinion

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Huh, I had no idea Kapsalon was mostly a dutch exclusive dish. The things I take for granted

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Judge Schnoopy posted:

jaegerx is a thread hero, despite Clam Down's inevitable dissenting opinion

Jaegerx is actually my gentle and thorough lover

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

mattfl posted:

If you guys aren't eating Publix Chicken Tenders I dunno wtf is wrong with all of you.

bragging about living in florida and thinking there's something wrong with us?

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
I'm a picky eater, but I also think certs aren't dead. So anyway....

Colonial Air Force posted:

Is there really no way to automatically add "busy" or "out of office" calendar dates to everyone's calendar in Exchange?

I found a script, and a way to add custom holidays, but the script means each new user needs it run, and they holiday thing doesn't set them as out of office.

I haven't even found a third party solution, but it's clearly a common request.

nielsm posted:

You mean so it sends out-of-office automatic replies?

Colonial Air Force posted:

No, just so it shows the day blocked out. We have a problem with people setting up meetings on holidays, HR asked to add all holidays to everyone's personal calendar.

I originally was hoping to use public folders, but that doesn't show on meeting invites, either.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

CLAM DOWN posted:

Jaegerx is actually my gentle and thorough lover

All your love is in the cloud.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Punkbob posted:

I never meant to imply that sysadmins or janitoring computers will disappear, my argument was that it is changing and that networking certs are dead end just like exchange admins.

Edit: unless you are shooting for high level poo poo

This is a dumb as poo poo post

Garrand posted:

fluppet
Feb 10, 2009

GreenNight posted:

All your love is in the cloud.

:perfect:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Judge Schnoopy posted:

Go South Suburbs. That's where you're going to find most of your Germanic places.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

Garrand posted:

I usually spend the first 3 or 4 posts of a given topic trying to figure out if they're technologies I haven't heard of yet.

Barbecue sauce? Okay hang on let's google this and make sure that's not a Kubernetes fork or something.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I'm mad about video games IT Careers.

Also what is a good foreign language to take which would benefit an IT person? I'm kind of leaning towards French or German.

None of that Japanese poo poo, I ain't no weeab (unless you are a hot goonette that's into that).

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

Barbecue sauce? Okay hang on let's google this and make sure that's not a Kubernetes fork or something.
It's just an extension to Chef.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Vargatron posted:

I'm mad about video games IT Careers.

Also what is a good foreign language to take which would benefit an IT person? I'm kind of leaning towards French or German.

None of that Japanese poo poo, I ain't no weeab (unless you are a hot goonette that's into that).

Chinese.