Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Maximum Leader posted:

PHP...well known for being exploitable.

why'd you repeat yourself?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
luv 2 sell products through my personal home page

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Came across this int he wild http://www.javaemulator.com

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Anroid.

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Linguica posted:

:thunk:

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
lol

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

yospos bithc

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Linguica posted:

lol it's a j2me jvm, for when you really wanna play the lovely feature phone games from 2003

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
anroid lol

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

lol it's a j2me jvm, for when you really wanna play the lovely feature phone games from 2003

i never did finish metal gear solid, here's my chance

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

lol android

https://www.myce.com/news/confirmed-issue-google-cast-causes-temporarily-wifi-drops-around-world-83428/

Normally the device should send a couple of packets every 20 seconds, but in recent Android versions the apps sometimes send large bursts of so-called “MDNS multicast discovery packets” when it goes out of sleep mode. Sometimes more than 100,000 packets, at high speeds, in a short time, according to the TP-Link engineer. The longer the device has been in sleep mode, the more packets are send.

Due to the flood of packets the router will shut down connections, either to the internet or to connected devices.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
this could explain why my parents’ Wifi network sometimes decides to just stop responding to some devices. glad I unplugged their chrome cast.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

lol thinking that google is focused enough to *not* roll a different os for these devices (yet another chromeos/android hybrid, but detached from both, i think?)

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
google could try making an anroid that isn’t bad

pram
Jun 10, 2001
isnt that what fuchsia is supposed to be

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
hard to say something is not bad that hasn’t been released in a usable state yet

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
is fuchsia their first attempt to replace android? i could’ve sworn there was a previous attempt

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

is fuchsia their first attempt to replace android? i could’ve sworn there was a previous attempt
Andromeda was supposedly a merge of chrome os and android

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
they choose project fuchsia as the name because Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition was already taken

also fuchsia is really hard to spell

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

they choose project fuchsia as the name because Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition was already taken

also fuchsia is really hard to spell

AND IT SOUNDS LIKE gently caress

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
um. have you ever heard it said aloud?

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

infernal machines posted:

um. have you ever heard it said aloud?

i work in dev so ive heard gently caress said several times a day

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
do they pronounce it like "gently caress"?

also, how long do you give it before they lose interest and it gets abandoned?

pram
Jun 10, 2001
google is like 90s apple with 4 different competing OS teams all status jockeying, empire building, and creating pointless vaporware

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

well sure, but just look at the success of copland!

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
taligent or gtfo

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

pram posted:

google is like 90s apple with 4 different competing OS teams all status jockeying, empire building, and creating pointless vaporware

at least it gives them something to do that isn't creating more incompatible chat protocols and apps

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

FMguru posted:

taligent or gtfo

pink lover

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The_Franz posted:

at least it gives them something to do that isn't creating more incompatible chat protocols and apps

don't worry, i'm sure they're still doing that

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

Furia posted:

AND IT SOUNDS LIKE gently caress

can’t wait for john fireball and marco overcast to hesitantly mispronounce it

(it’s pronounced FYOO-sha, just BT dubs)

Doc Block fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jan 17, 2018

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

marcovercast

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

do they pronounce it like "gently caress"?

also, how long do you give it before they lose interest and it gets abandoned?

fuchsia is some guys who managed to convinced their manager to let them gently caress around for a few years.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
it's spelled like the german word for "fox" + ia

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
fuschia os will never happen because it's being 100% developed by google unlike android, which they bought, and chromeos, which is linux w/ a web browser

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

lmao that anyone, anywhere spent money to buy android

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
spending money to permanently knock Microsoft out of the mobile market was a pretty good move, imo. fight garbage with garbage

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

sure, winmo is dead, rim and symbian too, but at what cost?

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

The Management posted:

spending money to permanently knock Microsoft out of the mobile market was a pretty good move, imo. fight garbage with garbage

microsoft knocked microsoft out of the mobile market, not android

telling all of their customers and developers to gently caress off and die twice inside five years does wondrous things to your market share

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

lmao that anyone, anywhere spent money to buy android

not only did they acquire android, they acquired it before there was a working product

it was just a rough prototype for a java-based blackberry knockoff. no phone, no partnerships with IHVs, nothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i remember the og prototypes. iirc, it was a split between targeting feature phones w/java and the blackberry knockoff