Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
There are still some huge buy orders coming in,, just boosted it back up to 10,445

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-42689642

Although it's probably only $300,000 now, and maybe half that within the next 30 minutes.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

This is awesome. Real-time view of panic

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
$500 swing in a few minutes because Bitcoin.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Lol so,some call madman just did a shout out to goons

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

As soon as it loaded some rear end in a top hat says "There are winners and losers today but you only lose if you sold".

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

They're talking about how using stop losses is for fools. Awww

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
Some people are putting in an awful lot of effort to keep it above 10,650

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
30day -45% lmao condolences of you bought the peak exactly a month ago.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
Listened to about 3 minutes of that twitch. Some guy says something along the lines of “this is a bloodbath today... and also the best time to buy!” As someone else agrees that this is the perfect scenario to throw more money at.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

onesixtwo posted:

Listened to about 3 minutes of that twitch. Some guy says something along the lines of “this is a bloodbath today... and also the best time to buy!” As someone else agrees that this is the perfect scenario to throw more money at.

Enough said. Cashing out my IRA right now and going all loving in.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

onesixtwo posted:

They're just laughing at people without faith bailing, allowing them to purchase more to sell to the next batch of hopefuls.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

onesixtwo posted:

That british guy has such a major tell, whenever he starts spewing bullshit his voice drops to a whisper. He could be a much better con artist if he wasn't so easy to sniff out.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Dmitri-9 posted:

That british guy has such a major tell, whenever he starts spewing bullshit his voice drops to a whisper. He could be a much better con artist if he wasn't so easy to sniff out.

Apparently your major tell is pushing the submit reply button lol

How is this a real post

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!
Ham Sandwich is back to explain to us how tether is actually good for bitcoin.

Moxxis Endowment
Dec 11, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ham Sandwiches posted:

How is this a real post
YOU PROMISED ME I WOULD MAKE MONEY ON BITCOIN, NOW I'VE LOST EVERYTHING!

EXPLAIN YOURSELF SIR!

oversteer
Jun 6, 2005

Bitconnect is shutting down it’s lending/exchange features. Interesting time to do it

https://bitconnect.co/system-news/94/changes-coming-for-the-bitconnect-system-halt-of-lending-and-exchange-platform

:monocle:

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
every time the indicators look like the price stabilized a bit it starts to tank again lol

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Ham Sandwiches posted:

How is this a real post

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Rad Russian posted:

Ham Sandwich is back to explain to us how tether is actually good for bitcoin.

I'm back to explain that after working carefully with an FBI profiler, I feel relatively confident I can spot when Jim Cramer is full of poo poo

it's when he gets really animated and pushes wacky sound effects

I just want all the twitch streamer con artists taken down for the scum they are!! Talking in hushed tones, thats how you know they're plotting something

Where's that gif of the dude rubbing his hands greedily

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Ham Sandwiches posted:

How is this a real post

The Crypto World News Twitch channel defender has logged on

Hobologist
May 4, 2007

We'll have one entire section labelled "for degenerates"
Your British guy said "Being rich on paper for two months is better than not being rich at all."

Ha ha, I beat you.
\/\/\/\/\/

Hobologist fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jan 16, 2018

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

onesixtwo posted:

Just heard "being rich on paper for two months is better than never being rich at all" :vince:

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

deadwing posted:

The Crypto World News Twitch channel defender has logged on

I don't care about the twitch guy other than to say, if you think you've "figured out the tells" of when twitch streamers are lying to you, then loving lol

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
you're welcome
pay it forward~
according to Bubble graph there actually will be a good time to buy bitcoin, during the despair phase. which at this rate will be sometime on Friday when bitcoin is $500.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
"How x's currency doing?"

"I think its holding up well."

Checks chart....

"Shows the price plummeting like a meteor"

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Ham Sandwiches posted:

I don't care about the twitch guy other than to say, if you think you've "figured out the tells" of when twitch streamers are lying to you, then loving lol

So how bout this market ham?

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Here we are having fun and celebrating the fall of the Berlin wall and you come in with mean things to say

Jikes
Dec 18, 2005

candy of the ocean
there's pretty much no page of this thread that this gif isn't appropriate for, but today especially

Jikes fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jan 16, 2018

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Bitcoin down 25% in 24 hours. Why? Reasons. This looks like a good normal thing I should invest in, buy, buy, buy.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
you're welcome
pay it forward~

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
The only people who are truly losing, are those who are selling - sage british man

I love this guy

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Just a reminder that just about 30 days ago people paid almost $20k a Bitcoin and it is now headed straight for below $10k, lol.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
This English guy is like the anti divabot

Pixelponny
Oct 30, 2007

Two bloody great handfuls
Pillbug

EorayMel posted:

This English guy is like the anti divabot

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
SA suicide hotline

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3683245

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!
So how are the KodakMiner pre-orders doing in all this?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
it's just hitting a wall every 100 bucks, sitting for 5 mins, then plummeting again.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Homeless Friend posted:

The only people who are truly losing, are those who are selling - sage british man

I love this guy

I'm kind of reminded about this piece of property not too far from my house, in the 80s there was a huge commercial real estate bubble in Dallas that collapsed during the S&L crisis, anyways right before the collapse a pension fund paid an insane amount of money for it even by crazy bubble standards. Even though it was a prime development spot it sat empty, not marketed, they refused dozens of incredibly reasonable offers for it over the next almost 40 years simply because they didn't want to admit that they were idiots for buying it and admit they lost millions on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
SEems to be a wall around 10,205 and then a major one at 1200 if I'm reading this right