Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Hav posted:

During a brief time at art college, I was told by a tutor that the hardest thing people had to contend with was knowing when a piece of art was 'done'.

AdzAdama appears to have buried and burned the whole concept to amazing and entirely unique effect.

Edit: :hifive: wimple bro.

Do you mean he decides it's done rather quickly?

:hfive: wimple bro. In a world of excess and lack of humility, some need to show modest style.

Edit: Oops,

a page snipe.

Beexoffel fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Jan 16, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

peter gabriel posted:

Frontier really did handle it badly though.
They pretty much said as a totally throw away comment 'lol sorry guys no offline gently caress u' so I could understand at the time why folks were a bit salty about it.
But five loving years down the line, you have to let it go nerds

Better or worse than CIG's handling of the missing seat and Inspector Lesnick's investigation?

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

I can, all of it

I 'm willing to bet that there's stuff not being worked on in the pipeline that even CIG don't know about because of open development,

And all of that will be poo poo too.

I'm calling it now.

(Ideally, I just wanted to post so I knew where I had read to on the page for the next time I log in, but parplines)

Edit: gently caress, new page, that was not entirely expected.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

boviscopophobic posted:

So if 1.9 million of the largest land claims fit on a single planet (which, incidentally, would represent $190 million of revenue, or more than CIG's entire claimed funding total to date):

1.9 million land claims at 64 km^2 (8 km x 8 km) comes out to at least a 3110 km planetary radius, assuming no packing losses from trying to fit plots onto a sphere -- maybe they can be arbitrarily shaped so that they'll all fit in, as long as they have the stated total area. I guess I am also assuming that land claims are not instanced, so that it is impossible to have multiple claims in the same physical location.

For comparison, Reddit says the following about current moon sizes in 3.0:

So CIG are promising planets that are 10-40 times the diameter of the current moons, or 100-1600 times the surface area. And here I thought the current moons already looked barren...

Its just a variable in their dynamic planetary generation system. Almost as easy as falling off a bike and breaking your wrists!

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

SomethingJones posted:

^This

They revealed the dropping of offline mode in a newsletter in which the Braben said they had left a few features "on the cutting room floor"

Not too dissimilar to how American Satan handled things.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Ayn Marx posted:

Don't be a oval office

:same:

e - it's a seriously cute doggo :)

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
When I was at art college I had the distinction of being the only person on the fashion module to never thread as much as a single needle or sow a single stitch.
I stapled all the 'clothes' I made with a stapler and said in my presentation it was a commentary on our 'throw away culture' and the disposable of modern fashion. I got really good marks for it and the tutors nodded sagely. In reality I just could not be arsed sewing poo poo, I wanted to do graphic design not that crap.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

D_Smart posted:

I forgot yesterday.

Anyway, this is Piper. He is a 9yr old pure bred British Jack Russell terrier. We've had him since he was about 6 months old. He's a nutcase. In other words, a wahlord's best friend. :D

Dog is super cute. I give it an 11/10. :3:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Sunswipe posted:

Better or worse than CIG's handling of the missing seat and Inspector Lesnick's investigation?

Far less funny, so overall worse. I remember the gnashing and wailing by grognards in the face of reasonable logic which was essentially 'we want everyone to share the same background sim'.
Hmmm, maybe it was funnier thinking about it, people lost their poo poo for literally no good reason until the one thing they could latch on to (I HAVE BAD BROADBAND IN KENTUCKY GRRRRR) brought the last remaining few together in what can only be described as the saddest self help group of all time.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

peter gabriel posted:

When I was at art college I had the distinction of being the only person on the fashion module to never thread as much as a single needle or sow a single stitch.
I stapled all the 'clothes' I made with a stapler and said in my presentation it was a commentary on our 'throw away culture' and the disposable of modern fashion. I got really good marks for it and the tutors nodded sagely. In reality I just could not be arsed sewing poo poo, I wanted to do graphic design not that crap.

Oh dear me - this made me lol, I can just see your tutors going "Hmm yes Mr the Gabz you are making a very valid point about 21st century consumerism. Have a gold star"

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Galarox posted:

:same:

e - it's a seriously cute doggo :)

What the gently caress is wrong with you people. I didn't say anything bad about the dog.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Galarox posted:

Oh dear me - this made me lol, I can just see your tutors going "Hmm yes Mr the Gabz you are making a very valid point about 21st century consumerism. Have a gold star"

I literally cut the Pepsi logo off a can I had just finished drinking, stapled it to a 'cap' I made by paper mache on a balloon and handed it in :lol:

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

peter gabriel posted:

I literally cut the Pepsi logo off a can I had just finished drinking, stapled it to a 'cap' I made by paper mache on a balloon and handed it in :lol:

Are you Muriel Gray?

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

peter gabriel posted:

and here i am loving around in grad school writing papers and poo poo :smith:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Galarox posted:

Thanks for this suggestion who-ever it was (I think it was Gorf)

from left to right Sean tracy, Calix Reneau, Tony Z, The Crobbles, The succubus, Matt Sherman, Dave Haddock

This is great. He looks so creepy. :five:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Danknificent posted:

and here i am loving around in grad school writing papers and poo poo :smith:

See that's what I wanted to do, write poo poo about the Bauhaus and what have you.
Looking back, I was wrong, that hat owned

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

peter gabriel posted:

Oh dear god(s) now my mental picture is complete. :laffo: It is one of those things that always amazes me that art is so, so, so subjective. True story: Many years ago one of my friends - long story short, he was an artist and even got some gallery exhibitions later in his career - before dying in a car crash in Ibiza way too young - drove a red car into the sea, in Ibiza, deliberately (it was a rental and not his). We were all, like, WTF dude. His answer was: Red Car, Blue Sea! It's ART. Hard to argue with really :)

e- details

Galarox fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jan 16, 2018

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

D_Smart posted:

I forgot yesterday.

Anyway, this is Piper. He is a 9yr old pure bred British Jack Russell terrier. We've had him since he was about 6 months old. He's a nutcase. In other words, a wahlord's best friend. :D

That's a good dog

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

peter gabriel posted:

All those years of watching Blue Peter and Take Hart paid off then?

Gosts
Jan 15, 2016

Star Citizen: fives six loving years down the line, you have to let it go nerds

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Hav posted:

Are you Muriel Gray?

Yeah.

I find it funny the responses with how Uncle Derek is actually a human that owns a dog.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
He's a warlord who owns a dog. There's a difference. :godwin:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Galarox posted:

Ok so - Goons who know better please correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that the whole offline/online thing with ED was resolved ages and ages ago after it caused a lot of stink and a lot of refunds when they said that offline wouldn't be part of the final product. How does this clown not know this?

I believe about 5 years ago before ED was going to release they advised they had to drop offline because of how the game actually works. I believe they also didn’t have Solo play in, or were developing it, but there were people in places that had terrible internet or pay per use internet who were very upset.

Frontier did not handle things well, but eventually gave people refunds for the issue.

However it’s been half a decade, ED is not only pretty old on PC but has also been released on consoles. It’s pretty much the golden standard to ooh and ahh for a VR introduction. It’s getting old and I don’t think anybody today still considers it “a scam”. Maybe getting close to “old” but not a scam.

Meanwhile during this time, Star Citizen was in pre-alpha. My goodness how time has slipped by and look at the progress “not a scam” Star Citizen has made. :allears:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Breetai posted:

I would love to just be able to ask them "Describe the Mining loop, please", and have them answer it live.

You need to do one of those “your friend is in another room right now also answering this... and we’re going to compare them when you’re done” and it will surprise be Chris Roberts and the other guy will be surprise fired when he screws up “the uhh vision”.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

The Titanic posted:

I believe about 5 years ago before ED was going to release they advised they had to drop offline because of how the game actually works. I believe they also didn’t have Solo play in, or were developing it, but there were people in places that had terrible internet or pay per use internet who were very upset.

Frontier did not handle things well, but eventually gave people refunds for the issue.

However it’s been half a decade, ED is not only pretty old on PC but has also been released on consoles. It’s pretty much the golden standard to ooh and ahh for a VR introduction. It’s getting old and I don’t think anybody today still considers it “a scam”. Maybe getting close to “old” but not a scam.

Meanwhile during this time, Star Citizen was in pre-alpha. My goodness how time has slipped by and look at the progress “not a scam” Star Citizen has made. :allears:

Kinda precisely my point (I was hoping my memory hadn't misconstrued events as I remembered them). As others above have pointed out, the guy who was trying to do a "sick burn" on SC vs ED criticism was clutching at straws.

e - spelling

Galarox fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jan 17, 2018

mrchinchin25
Apr 14, 2012

Dat BDSSE

Mr.Tophat posted:

I see a little image of a door,
Scary bugs, scary bugs, will you do the FUD posting?

Bohemian Parpsody

Is this the real life? Is this just an alien tree?
Caught in the landscape, no escape from this gravity
Open your visor, parp up to the skies and weep
I'm just a poor boy, I need no NPCs
Because I'm easy rub, easy go, chris gets high, we paid his coke
Any way the goons post, doesn't really matter to me, to me

Moma, just bought a ship
Tried to land it on the pad, landing glitched, now its dead
Moma, timer's just begun
But now I wait to play the game I own
Moma, oooh, didn't mean to make you cry
If its not hotfixed by spring this year,
Carry on, carry on as if nothing really matters

I see a storm of tweets posted by a man
DEREK SMART, DEREK SMART, DEREK SMART, DEREK SMART
Twitter posts and long blogs, very very lengthy
Galarox, Galarox, Galarox, Pictoro Magnifico
I'm just a rich sperg, nobody loves me
He's now a poor boy, spending money on his fleet
Here he comes, Streetroller, will you let him go?
Chris Roberts: NO! We Will not let him go
(Let him go!) PARP will not let him go
(Let him go!) Will not let you go
(Let him go!) Will not let you go (Let him go!) Ah
Ah um um ah ah um um ah ah um
Oh Moma Moma, Moma moma, Moma moma let him go
This Terms of Service has locked itself to me, to me, to me!

So you think you can spite me, refund my pledge?!
So you think you can transition without loading screens?!
Oh Crobberts, can't do this to me Crobberts
Just gotta blog, just gotta send blog over to legal

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Breetai posted:

I would love to just be able to ask them "Describe the Mining loop, please", and have them answer it live.

Maybe they'll start waving their hands in loops until they start spinning in their chairs and dust fogs up their cameras.

I agree it would be interesting.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

mrchinchin25 posted:

Bohemian Parpsody

Is this the real life? Is this just an alien tree?
Caught in the landscape, no escape from this gravity
Open your visor, parp up to the skies and weep
I'm just a poor boy, I need no NPCs
Because I'm easy rub, easy go, chris gets high, we paid his coke
Any way the goons post, doesn't really matter to me, to me

Moma, just bought a ship
Tried to land it on the pad, landing glitched, now its dead
Moma, timer's just begun
But now I wait to play the game I own
Moma, oooh, didn't mean to make you cry
If its not hotfixed by spring this year,
Carry on, carry on as if nothing really matters

I see a storm of tweets posted by a man
DEREK SMART, DEREK SMART, DEREK SMART, DEREK SMART
Twitter posts and long blogs, very very lengthy
Galarox, Galarox, Galarox, Pictoro Magnifico
I'm just a rich sperg, nobody loves me
He's now a poor boy, spending money on his fleet
Here he comes, Streetroller, will you let him go?
Chris Roberts: NO! We Will not let him go
(Let him go!) PARP will not let him go
(Let him go!) Will not let you go
(Let him go!) Will not let you go (Let him go!) Ah
Ah um um ah ah um um ah ah um
Oh Moma Moma, Moma moma, Moma moma let him go
This Terms of Service has locked itself to me, to me, to me!

So you think you can spite me, refund my pledge?!
So you think you can transition without loading screens?!
Oh Crobberts, can't do this to me Crobberts
Just gotta blog, just gotta send blog over to legal

Weeeeoooop! This made me giggle :five: :five: :five:

There was another version earlier ITT we need to come up with the definitive version then get ewe2 to... "make it so"

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Galarox posted:

Weeeeoooop! This made me giggle :five: :five: :five:

There was another version earlier ITT we need to come up with the definitive version then get ewe2 to... "make it so"

Someone else will have to sing it, though.

fake edit: several someones, I mean.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

A little something I'm working on at the moment:

quote:

Chorus:

Derek Smart was right,
Yes Derek Smart was right.
He told you so,
He told you so,
Derek Smart was right!

Temporary link here

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

where is a new booooootcha videoooooo

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

D_Smart posted:

I forgot yesterday.

that is a very good boy there

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

ewe2 posted:

Someone else will have to sing it, though.

fake edit: several someones, I mean.

I'm game (although I can't hold a note)... maybe that'll add to the comedy :classiclol:

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

Of course Wishbone belongs to Derek. I never saw this coming but it makes perfect sense.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

fuctifino posted:

A little something I'm working on at the moment:

Temporary link here

omg!

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe
New Legal Drama:

Galarox fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jan 17, 2018

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Lladre posted:

Nothing but sympathy for that poor dog, having to listen to every iteration of the July blog read out loud with emphasis.

Seriously dude? Seriously?

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:
You guys get really worked up over jokes. How come you don't get worked up over star citizen then?

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Ayn Marx posted:

Don't be a oval office

Call your loving parents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!