Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Norns posted:

Jokes on you I'm still here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Since when have quad bikes been a Dakar thing anyway? If you're too much of a chickenshit or uncoordinated for two wheels then get a car.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Seriously that dude is lucky he's not carrion food. gently caress him

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Quad drivers deserve whatever they get

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Even though I know it doesn't actually matter, I get really annoyed at the phrase "quad bike".

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Tsaedje posted:

Even though I know it doesn't actually matter, I get really annoyed at the phrase "quad bike".

This post/avatar combo is great, but seriously, what is the phrase supposed to be?

Norns posted:

Seriously that dude is lucky he's not carrion food. gently caress him

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Quad drivers deserve whatever they get

:yeah:

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Carth Dookie posted:

This post/avatar combo is great, but seriously, what is the phrase supposed to be?

:yeah:

I don't mind ATV. You could also go with 'Quadcycle' but that's even stupider. It's one of those things that makes no sense etymologically but everyone's just accepted. Like helicopter variants being called *-copter when it's helico-pter not heli-copter.

Some things it's just not worth being pedantic about. I get irked when people call bestiality 'beastiality', but there is no way that you can ever bring up that it's wrong without being called an animal fucker

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Tsaedje posted:

Some things it's just not worth being pedantic about. I get irked when people call bestiality 'beastiality', but there is no way that you can ever bring up that it's wrong without being called an animal fucker

Umm........ What?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

1500quidporsche posted:

Umm........ What?

The correct word for animal loving is bestiality, but a lot of people say 'beastiality'. Being a tedious pedant about it makes people think you actually care about animal loving enough to want people to get the name right. I just let people get it wrong because it doesn't matter, much like the fact that "quad bike" is nonsensical doesn't actually matter. Hope that clarifies my autism for you.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Sure does... Animal fucker. :v:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Tsaedje posted:

I don't mind ATV. You could also go with 'Quadcycle' but that's even stupider. It's one of those things that makes no sense etymologically but everyone's just accepted. Like helicopter variants being called *-copter when it's helico-pter not heli-copter.

Animal fucker

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

It’s called The Worst Thread, and you won’t BELIEVE how good it is!

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What the gently caress is going on?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

DoctorGonzo posted:

What the gently caress is going on?

Tsaedje outed himself as an animal fucker

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

You did have that whale avatar before. Very suspicious.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I love you guys

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Tsaedje posted:

I love you guys

Sorry, I'm human

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Norns posted:

Sorry, I'm human

It's ok, humans are animals too

Preggo My Eggo!
Jun 17, 2010

Tsaedje posted:

The correct word for animal loving is bestiality, but a lot of people say 'beastiality'. Being a tedious pedant about it makes people think you actually care about animal loving enough to want people to get the name right. I just let people get it wrong because it doesn't matter, much like the fact that "quad bike" is nonsensical doesn't actually matter. Hope that clarifies my autism for you.

If 3 people are hanging out and 2 of those people are in a relationship, what would you call the 3rd person in that situation?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Preggo My Eggo! posted:

If 3 people are hanging out and 2 of those people are in a relationship, what would you call the 3rd person in that situation?

Me?

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
wow this thread just got ruff

Preggo My Eggo!
Jun 17, 2010

well obviously but what do you think about "3rd wheel?" This is the tism test.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Preggo My Eggo! posted:

The tism test is about being the third wheel, not caring what you call it

also, a third wheel is anyone else in the same room as Lewis and a mirror

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Preggo My Eggo! posted:

I’ve never heard of this test and it’s very important that you explain which answer indicates autism.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

I’ve never heard of this test and it’s very important that you explain which answer indicates autism.

Caring is the answer that indicates autism. Congrats on winning friend.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

We're all on the spectrum for posting itt

Preggo My Eggo!
Jun 17, 2010

wicka posted:

This one blew my mind when I first heard it: If you answer "Fifth Wheel," that's a POSITIVE RESULT.

You see, a third wheel is useful. It adds stability and function to the vehicle.

A fifth wheel, on the other hand, is superfluous. Therefore the better term, even when there are only 3 people, for the autistic nerd without a date.

Also, making a post like this is a POSITIVE RESULT.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

Caring is the answer that indicates autism. Congrats on winning friend.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Can I have the tire from the fifth wheel if nobody needs it?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Preggo My Eggo! posted:

This one blew my mind when I first heard it: If you answer "Fifth Wheel," that's a POSITIVE RESULT.

You see, a third wheel is useful. It adds stability and function to the vehicle.

A fifth wheel, on the other hand, is superfluous. Therefore the better term, even when there are only 3 people, for the autistic nerd without a date.

Bullshit. The autistic answer is pointing out that being the “fifth wheel” is when you are hanging out with two couples, and remembering that this was the basis of an MTV show.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Preggo My Eggo! posted:

I think many Dakar drivers would disagree that the fifth wheel on their car is superfluous.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Gas

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

1500quidporsche posted:

Can I have the tire from the fifth wheel if nobody needs it?

The fifth wheel isn't actually a wheel, its the part on a HGV that the trailer attaches to on an artic lorry m8 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fifth-wheel_coupling

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Speaking of trucks, looking at this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClbKXX954AY

We may see the Renault Range T and the Euro 6 version of the MAN TGX this year!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

So, Ferrari sucks, huh

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Powershift posted:

So, Ferrari sucks, huh

?

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Careful, one Ferrari hater just outed himself as a dogfucker, you don't want to end up down that path

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ignore this

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Jan 17, 2018

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DoctorGonzo posted:

Its like every Ferrari hater is a loving degenerate. Really makes you think.

https://www.formulapassion.it/2018/01/f1-marchionne-visto-team-quasi-tranquillo/

President Marchionne thinks that the team is too quiet so the car is great or it will loving suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

DoctorGonzo posted:

https://www.formulapassion.it/2018/01/f1-marchionne-visto-team-quasi-tranquillo/

President Marchionne thinks that the team is too quiet so the car is great or it will loving suck.

OOH! OOH! I know which one it's gonna be, ask me!

• Locked thread