Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
Quark Smartley

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
i never spent a cent on the kickstarter b/c i believe berkulu 1 1/2 is gods will

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

deus lo vult barkley

RocketSurgery
Feb 11, 2009
one look at frankies twitch and you see him working on barkley 2 still
if he stopped then id be worried maybe

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

RocketSurgery posted:

one look at frankies twitch and you see him working on barkley 2 still
if he stopped then id be worried maybe

The fools paid him in advance so he's just going to keep making art for nothing

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Is he the guy who "backed" the game with 20k of imaginary money that he then used to pay himself to work on the game or something?

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Is he the guy who "backed" the game with 20k of imaginary money that he then used to pay himself to work on the game or something?

Nah he's the cool guy makin a bunch of art assets and is like the only team member visibly doing stuff with the game. Pretty much the only reason we know the game is still being made. Don't know if he's getting paid anymore :( Honestly, he's a hero

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

he hand drew like 10,000 guns

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

slouch posted:

i never played the first game and don't really get all the jokes. i just backed it because the gameplay looked fun

it's by far the funniest game ever made, you should check it out.

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

At this point you have to wonder what would get you idiots to stop defending them. Game development is tricky, things obviously didn't work well enough with the funds raised, but there's no excuse for these long periods of complete silence.

i'm gonna defend them because utter garbage like shenmue 3 got 5 million neo-shekels.

(you're right it really wouldn't be that hard to have even semi-regular updates even if it's just "hey we added this new enemy")

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Truecon420 posted:

Nah he's the cool guy makin a bunch of art assets and is like the only team member visibly doing stuff with the game. Pretty much the only reason we know the game is still being made. Don't know if he's getting paid anymore :( Honestly, he's a hero

i think if a guy draws guns for free that doesn't mean a game's being made

it means a lot of guns are being drawn

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
Yeah. Frankie seems like a cool dude and all, but he's hardly proof that the game is in good shape.

That big gun milestone he reached last year? That's some kind of progress, sure, but it also came after the game was already 3+ years delayed

It's not like a bunch of guns was an unplanned for stretch goal or feature creep. It's basically the core conceit of the game loop.

and that's just art! Imagine how the rest of the game is doing - the quests and dialogue and balance and AI and the rest of it

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

[imagines it]

dang...... where can i donate again !!

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i didnt donate to the kickstarter and i regret it every day

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
This thread has given me years of pleasure.

Chas McGill in 2013 posted:

I'm only looking forward to two computer games - this, and Dark Souls 2.

Chas McGill in 2014 posted:

Is it possible for gun's to become inbred and weak in the style of toy dogs and Habsburgs? Could you breed gun's with detrimental physical deformities? Chibi gun's?

Chas McGill fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jan 17, 2018

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

I donated $15 to the Kickstarter. Even if it never comes out, they still deserve the money for Barkley 1 which was $0 and I thoroughly enjoyed.

On the other hand I wish I could take back the money I donated for Mighty no. 9, a vidcon that certainly was released.

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.

sharrrk posted:

i didnt donate to the kickstarter and i regret it every day

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

it's by far the funniest only funny game ever made, you should check it out.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
It is highly recommended to play the first one because the second will contain no joke's, only references to kneeslappers from the first game. Without playing the first, you just won't "get" it.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Nosfereefer posted:

i never spent a cent on the kickstarter b/c i believe berkulu 1 1/2 is gods will

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysKhbaLyIFw

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

WarpDogs posted:

and that's just art! Imagine how the rest of the game is doing - the quests and dialogue and balance and AI and the rest of it

this might shock you but many games spend the majority of their dev cycle as "pink hitbox man shoots green hurtbox men"

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I'd say one definite problem out the gate is that anyone, never mind a team of one, had to hand draw 10,000 of any goddamn thing in multiple positions

that's terrible design

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

but but misplaced apostrophes

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Every member of the team should be a jack of all trades so they can all be mediocre in everything instead of an expert in their craft.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

obstipator posted:

Every member of the team should be a jack of all trades so they can all be mediocre in everything instead of an expert in their craft.

no one who decides that one guy making 10,000 sprites (is that including making sure rotations work?) is an expert at a thing except wasting time. they're very good at that

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
idk what your point is. frankie makes sprites for tons of games. you think he might get burnt out on making sprites? i dont think he has

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

obstipator posted:

idk what your point is. frankie makes sprites for tons of games. you think he might get burnt out on making sprites? i dont think he has

it's not really a slight on Frankie, it's that an endeavor like that takes an insane amount of man-hours. he only just finished last year, which was also years after the game was supposed to launch. just that one piece alone wasn't ready for years after. the same one guy is evidently doing all their other graphic assets too, so it's not even like all of the graphic design end stuff is done. it's the only reason why we know the project is still being worked on! that's extremely wild from a management standpoint

Khorne
May 1, 2002

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I'd say one definite problem out the gate is that anyone, never mind a team of one, had to hand draw 10,000 of any goddamn thing in multiple positions

that's terrible design
I mean, he did it though. It's already done. And it wasn't what held the project up. Think about that for a minute.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

it was done, years after the launch date, and there's still an untold amount of things to do not just on Frankie's end (pbuh) but on the part of the jokers actually doing the game part. it's symptomatic of the whole thing being managed poorly

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

um i think you will find that the team is very competent and the game will basically make all other games obsolete

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

Wrex Ruckus posted:

I donated $15 to the Kickstarter. Even if it never comes out, they still deserve the money for Barkley 1 which was $0 and I thoroughly enjoyed.

Yeah I tossed in :10bux: or whatever, and this is the only Kickstarter or the like I've ever given money too, and it was entirely to toss a few bucks in the direction of people who made a fun game I got to play for free.

Barkley 2 should come out but I don't do crowdfunding because of exactly this reason, I don't ever expect any of it to get released, or at least on-time or with all the promised features.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

grieving for Gandalf posted:

no one who decides that one guy making 10,000 sprites (is that including making sure rotations work?) is an expert at a thing except wasting time. they're very good at that
All I can say with confidence is that yes, it does include making sure rotations work.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

SeXReX posted:

this might shock you but many games spend the majority of their dev cycle as "pink hitbox man shoots green hurtbox men"

i'm a game dev and worked in enterprise software for 7 years. if i worked on a project where we were only reaching basic art milestones 3+ years after the game should have been released then i think i'd be shocked, yeah

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Did this game come out yet?

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Yeah but they had to take it down, kickstarter only money could only afford to license the credits music for three days and they were unwilling to sacrifice their artistic vision

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Bradley

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Broccoli

Friend Commuter
Nov 3, 2009
SO CLEVER I WANT TO FUCK MY OWN BRAIN.
Smellrose
Barkley.

Friend Commuter
Nov 3, 2009
SO CLEVER I WANT TO FUCK MY OWN BRAIN.
Smellrose

wait

gently caress

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
berkle borkle bic bark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
Getting some kind of down-low on the game would be nice after all these years.