Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

JBP posted:

How are you getting these stats?

sony email. mine was in my promotions tab which seems like a weird place for it but whatever, i think thats probably where all my non receipt sony emails go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I have only a couple weeks to finish AC Origins if I want to trade it in with a couple other games for Dragonball Fighterz (no additional charge). So now I'm wondering if it's worth rushing through this game because it is legit good but it's not much time to do everything I want with it. Especially if I care about future DLC or events.

Cuz I do want to play DBZ and this is the best price I'm going to get for it for many months.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I don’t know man, AC:O is packed full of great non main story content and the DLC setup sounds very promising.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Kilometers Davis posted:

I don’t know man, AC:O is packed full of great non main story content and the DLC setup sounds very promising.

Yeahhhhhh I know. I mean, I never get games at release so getting DBZ like this would already be a big departure for me and the deal would be a complete no-brainer if only my third of the three trade-in games was anything else (or if I had physical copies of the several eligible games I only own digitally).

Probably smarter to just play it later. Use a gift card when there's some kind of sale, maybe.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

fridge corn posted:

you've completed dragon age inquisition four (4) times?
3 to try out different poo poo and 1 for the LP I did. I have another one I'm about halfway through on, but there's been so many other good games out I haven't been back to it in awhile.

Don't ask how many full Mass Effect playthroughs I have :v:

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

Not sure if it's been posted but the limited edition monster hunter world PS4 pro that was only available in Japan previously has gone up for pre order in Europe and the US. I just ordered one from game in the UK

https://www.game.co.uk/en/m/playsta...-PS4ProMHWorlds

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Geez, waited until the last second to bring that before release didn’t they?

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
I'm going to import EDF5 since there's no US release date announced yet. Thinking about getting the 10k yen card because it would end up being cheaper than piecemeal cards to total 8k yen. Is there anything else worth importing from the JP store?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That wasn't a question. I meant that's the plan. Let's do it.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
I fully intended to continue progressing story in Yakuza 0, but then I ended up leveling up hostesses for 3 hours. That minigame is so engrossing.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
It also has what's probably the best reward in the game as well.
Mad Dog style just breaks the difficulty curve in a way nothing else in the game does. Its stab move just deletes multiple health bars from bosses at a time.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

gently caress, my wife put over 330 hours into Skyrim last year and I only gamed a little over 100 hours total all year.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Better delete that post before your wife discovers you are a noob casual.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Man the number of hours you guys can put into a single game is insane. I think I already mentioned, but my number one game was titanfall 2 at 135 hours. And I felt like I was getting a little tired of it near the end.

Klisejo
Apr 13, 2006

Who else see da' Leprechaun say YEAH!

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

It's a PS3 game question, but someone tell re: Yakuza 5 no loving way is Majima actually dead, right? Dude's a force of nature and the coolest person in the franchise, but my gameplay time is limited this week and this poo poo seems to go on FOREVER.

You can never get rid of Majima.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I think I've easily cracked 400 hours total in TF2

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah, the PS4 thing is absolutely broken. It thinks my most played game was Yakuza 0 and doesn't even recognize I played Super Robot Wars V despite playing that on my US account, among other things.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

311 hours in 100 games, 117 hours in Destiny 2 as the most followed by Horizon.

The 100 games were all free garbage I poked at for five minutes each lol.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Are things in Inquisition supposed to be incredibly loving expensive? I don’t think I’ve gone above 3k gold in the entire game. A single decent weapon is like 800.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

i wish i got one of those nifty emailz, welp

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Pollyanna posted:

Are things in Inquisition supposed to be incredibly loving expensive? I don’t think I’ve gone above 3k gold in the entire game. A single decent weapon is like 800.

I had a poo poo ton of gold by mid-game but that's probably because I got into crafting. I remember buying books and base upgrades but not equipment.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Arist posted:

i wish i got one of those nifty emailz, welp

I don't think I'm going to get one because I've only ever played one PS4 game

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland
I bought a PS4 Pro last night off craigslist for $300 w/ GTAV and Uncharted 4, two games I've been meaning to buy. figure if I can sell my PS4 for ~$200 or a little under I will have basically gotten a free upgrade.

Does anybody have recommendations for the best games to play to see the difference with 4k & HDR? Horizon Zero Dawn looks stellar but it's not natively 4k or anything. What are the upcoming releases that will be bleeding edge and natively support 4k?

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
I was looking around to see if a universal remote could turn on the PS4, and I found this thing:

https://smile.amazon.com/PlayStation-Receiver-Logitech-Harmony-Control-4/dp/B01K3VMBM0/

Does anyone have any experience with it? (I realize that it somehow just came out.) The reviews (no way to use the option button? have to program a macro to turn off the PS4?) and questions implying it's been delayed numerous times don't exactly inspire confidence.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Zero Dawn and Uncharted 4 are still the showcase games, they aren't native but should look better than a non-pro PS4 plugged into the same TV. The Pro still doesn't have quite enough power for native 4K *and* a full suite of cutting edge effects so the native 4K titles are the less ambitious indie games.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Pollyanna posted:

Don't buy weapons, craft them. Schematics are cheaper and with the exception of a couple very rare weapons the crafted poo poo is always better. Money is generally only an issue in the very early game,. You can also abuse a glitch where you leave one item in a chest and then leave and reload the area and it will all respawn, so take the cash and leave something dumb then come back for free cash.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Playing EDF online still has a pure, shared purpose unlike any multiplayer game I have ever played.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Assassin's Creed: Rogue is finally getting a PS4 version, four years late, with fancy 4K graphics.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Well, better nate than lever

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

fruit on the bottom posted:

Well, better nate than lever

To be fair, it's actually one of the better games and should've had a PS4 release from the get-go.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

SubponticatePoster posted:

Don't buy weapons, craft them. Schematics are cheaper and with the exception of a couple very rare weapons the crafted poo poo is always better. Money is generally only an issue in the very early game,. You can also abuse a glitch where you leave one item in a chest and then leave and reload the area and it will all respawn, so take the cash and leave something dumb then come back for free cash.

Lobok posted:

I had a poo poo ton of gold by mid-game but that's probably because I got into crafting. I remember buying books and base upgrades but not equipment.

I'm definitely going for crafting, but I still need a lot of gold to buy all those schematics in the Black Emporium. Am I just still too early in the game?

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Neddy Seagoon posted:

To be fair, it's actually one of the better games and should've had a PS4 release from the get-go.

Yeah but it was released on PS3 at the same time as Unity on the PS4, it would have made even less sense to release it on PS4 as well, at the same time the brand new next gen game came out

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I sort of thought it had? Black Flag was a launch title, and weren't Liberty/Rogue/The one I can't remember they just gave away for free all kind of at the same time?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Inspector Hound posted:

I sort of thought it had? Black Flag was a launch title, and weren't Liberty/Rogue/The one I can't remember they just gave away for free all kind of at the same time?

Nope. Just PS3, X360 and PC.

It really is worth your time playing though, because Shay is the first enjoyable protagonist since Ezio. He's stuck being a Templar for some very sound reasons, and you can tell it's breaking his heart every time he has to fight one of the Assassins because they're people he's known most of his life.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Pollyanna posted:

I'm definitely going for crafting, but I still need a lot of gold to buy all those schematics in the Black Emporium. Am I just still too early in the game?

Black Emporium has some high level schematics IIRC so those might be the expensive ones. High level crafted stuff doesn't have a level minimum but if you don't have a good idea of who and what your party is going to look like you might want to hold off. If any schematics catch your eye I would look them up online before buying since they're scant on details until you own them.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Pollyanna posted:

BE schems are expensive if you're buying the legendary ones. Best regular armor schems are in Hissing Wastes - look for a shop in the middle of the canyon. Best weapon are unlocked after you liberate the keep in Emprise du Lion. You mentioned doing WEWH so you should have plenty of money by now - I think you've just been buying the really pricey poo poo.

e: you can get a couple of Inquisition perks from Josie that improve both the money you get for selling the garbage you pick up and reduced prices, those might help too. I know I always end a game with more money than I know what to do with so it's not a scarce resource.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Played some more Bloodborne last night! Took about an hour to get back into the groove as it had been so long, but eventually was parrying the big chunky guys near the start with 75% accuracy again!

Died a couple of times to Father Gascgoine and decided to take a break. I think I know what I am doing wrong but it was so late and I was exhausted.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

VideoGames posted:

Played some more Bloodborne last night! Took about an hour to get back into the groove as it had been so long, but eventually was parrying the big chunky guys near the start with 75% accuracy again!

Died a couple of times to Father Gascgoine and decided to take a break. I think I know what I am doing wrong but it was so late and I was exhausted.

You were looking for a way to change your insight, you could not do this on your own. All the ways you wish you could be, that's Bloodborne. Bloodborne looks like you wanna look, it hunts like you wanna hunt, it is smart, capable, and most importantly...Bloodborne is bloody in all the ways that you are not. People do it every day, they talk to themselves, they see themselves...as they'd like to be. They don't have the courage that you have to just hunt beasts. Naturally...you're still wrestling with frenzy so sometimes you're a corpse, other times you wake up seeking Paleblood. Little by little, you're just letting yourself become .......VideoGames.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

I know i missed the hype train 10 pages ago but dark souls ps4 remaster holy shiiiit. The first couple of weeks of invading people with ng+ lvl 1 pyro is going to be maaaagical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Or don't push away first time players to be an rear end in a top hat for no reason.