Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

trapped mouse posted:

if you think those sequels were crazy, you should check out the sequels to "night" by elie wiesel

Listen buddy, not every likes fiction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmdizzle
May 26, 2009

Hagel satan
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/bransonreese/status/953099372442636288

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Don’t post comics by pedophiles tia

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I didn't think XKCD could get worse

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:randstare:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Is this from the LegoRobot (or w/e his name was) guy who used to post his stickfigure comics here years back? The style seems familiar.

Also this comic is really funny, though not for the reasons the author intended to.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Answering the door with "Speak." kinda tells you right off what kinda person is behind this strip.

I did get a sensible chuckle out of sending the baby off in a balloon though.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Volcott posted:

I only read a couple chapters of the sequel but his trying to re-integrate into society after being Grizzly Adams was done... well?

Also, we'll never know who was the better frontiersman, Hatchet or My Side of the Mountain, because neither of them had to start from zero.

Clearly, Sam from My Side of the Mountain. He befriended a raccoon and raised a peregrine falcon to help him hunt. That book was also a series, though I never read the others.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

:3:

This is far better than it deserves to be

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

System Metternich posted:

Is this from the LegoRobot (or w/e his name was) guy who used to post his stickfigure comics here years back? The style seems familiar.

Also this comic is really funny, though not for the reasons the author intended to.

I've no idea, but it's a possibility.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Milo and POTUS posted:

Listen buddy, not every likes fiction

i get the joke, but they actually are fiction. the main character in "night" gets molested by a nurse and becomes a jewish terrorist in the sequel. and yes, it is written by the same author

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

trapped mouse posted:

the main character in "night" gets molested by a nurse and becomes a jewish terrorist in the sequel. and yes, it is written by the same author

:randpop:

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I want to know how this person came to believe that "postmodernism" was the correct label for... any of this?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Tiggum posted:

I want to know how this person came to believe that "postmodernism" was the correct label for... any of this?

Brain damage?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Tiggum posted:

Reminder that LegoRobot once made a thread in GBS where he claimed he was kicked out of art school for being an atheist. Turns out that it was one of those terrible unaccredited art schools and he was kicked out for harassing a student for their beliefs, not because of his.

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017

Tiggum posted:

"If I don't like it, it's postmodern" is the furthest these types think about anything.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Tiggum posted:

"Everything is rape" ~ Foucault

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
post-modern more like post-movie amirite

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
It's sjw style arguments, and some people call them and their views postmodernist, but I never heard anyone describe themselves as a postmodernist, so idk what that means at all. Maybe it means "strawman"?

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
I'm a big fan of postmodern architecture. It's why I bought an art deco mailbox.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

mysterious frankie posted:

I'm a big fan of postmodern architecture. It's why I bought an art deco mailbox.

:goonsay: art deco is a subset of modern architecture not postmodern

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Dreddout posted:

:goonsay: art deco is a subset of modern architecture not postmodern

A mailbox is mounted on a post. An art deco mailbox is post modern architecture. You see.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Phanatic posted:

A mailbox is mounted on a post. An art deco mailbox is post modern architecture. You see.

thaaaaaaaaaaaaank you.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Phanatic posted:

The humor was evidently too abstract for my plebian mind

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mysterious frankie posted:

thaaaaaaaaaaaaank you.
_________/

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

The Bloop posted:

_________/

I heard it!

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Phanatic posted:

:golfclap:

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Ima post this here too because I really love how George Booth draws animals.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

I'm not sure who posted it, but that Erma comic is adorable.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
For fans of Oglaf (which is made by Trudy Cooper and Doug Bayne) there's a series of short videos called Barnacle Bill's Semi Factual Nautical Tales by them and some of their buddies. Trudy does the illustrations for the animations and Doug usually narrates. He looks like a jolly hobo. :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjWeeBGYdvo

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Where is the number?

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
🚮

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Is Rosie one of those popsicles you were supposed to share but didn’t?

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Rolo posted:

Is Rosie one of those popsicles you were supposed to share but didn’t?

You're supposed to share those?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

dumb. posted:

You're supposed to share those?

You eat one and shove the other one up your butt and then they reunite in the middle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
You be a man of prodigious shoving powers for sure