Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Zore posted:

You get to be a Thane which means another housecarl companion in each. Also some minor quests and the ability to crime and get away scott free :shrug:

Once per hold. But still it's pretty loving hilarious to straight up murder an extremely prominent noble right in the middle of an extremely public event and have the guards go "Oh right, you're a thane, I'll let you off THIS TIME."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
I just dump all my money into training. It keeps me from having to grind smithing manually.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Internet Kraken posted:

What's the point of buying property in every city though? It takes long enough to decorate one house, I'd never get to play the game if I did more than that.

I've got some bad news for you.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Internet Kraken posted:

What's the point of buying property in every city though?

Getting all your wealth out of Tamriel despite the currency controls.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

To spread it around a bit. People other than Belethor need money too, you know.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

You should totally invest it in SoulCoin, the new Magicka-fueled currency not controlled by any government.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Just use the mod that adds different coinage to the dungeons to add further confusion.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Psion posted:

install more mods

The annoying thing is, I have a stable setup, the game is running fine, and yet every 5 minutes I keep thinking "Hmmm, I wonder what other mods I could add" :shepicide:

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Agents are GO! posted:

You should totally invest it in SoulCoin, the new Magicka-fueled currency not controlled by any government.

Someone make a block chain mod manager to enforce mod authors' rights tia

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Has anyone put out some good mods that expand on the Dark Brotherhood over the years? Don't care so much about story, but i'm more interested in having (a lot) more cool assassination missions.

Not the one about hunting virgins :nexus:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Can someone explain why trolls always drop two of their skull

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Internet Kraken posted:

You can simulate the original design if you restrict your use of fast travel. I only fast travel while at major settlements, so when I'm just roaming the wilderness the weight limit is actually relevant. But yes, if you fully "abuse" instant fast travel and storage then weight limit is almost entirely pointless. And you can't fault someone for doing that since A) its literally just using the mechanics in their intended fashion and B) its circumventing a mechanic that isn't terribly interesting in the first place.

A bigger problem to me is that I don't have any reason to actually keep looting now. I'm setting on 15k gold and have nothing to spend it on. Merchants don't carry gear for me to upgrade too and I already bought all the spells I need at the moment. So why keep picking stuff up? I wish there was more stuff to spend gold on but admittedly I have no idea what that would be.

I admire your ability to accumulate a decent amount of wealth and then decide "I have enough" because most people don't have that sort of self control.

Eric the Mauve posted:

Once per hold. But still it's pretty loving hilarious to straight up murder an extremely prominent noble right in the middle of an extremely public event and have the guards go "Oh right, you're a thane, I'll let you off THIS TIME."

People in political power getting a free pass to commit crimes? Sounds realistic to me.

Internet Kraken posted:

Don't fantasy trolls have a tendency to have two heads? Maybe its related to that.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

You have a mod that added two of them to the troll's loot list?

I'm pretty sure in vanilla you can only find Troll Skull as placed items. Troll don't drop them.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Does anyone else have this problem with the Jaxon's positoner port to SE and know how to keep it from happening?

Some of the items I place will randomly move out of position and float in the air. I thought it was caused by reloading saves in area with placed items but it just happened after I walked into the house so it can't be that. I dunno how to prevent it and its bumming me out. I don't wanna spend a bunch of time trying to decorate only for it to get ruined.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Honestly, I wouldn't bother with any mod like that until SKSE64 is out of alpha, possibly out of beta. There's a plethora of things it could be.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.
Does anyone know if there is a mod for SE that keeps quests that you get in Skyrim proper from being assigned to dungeons on Solstheim? I'm trying to do Dawnguard and I haven't been to Solstheim yet. I don't want to start any of the poo poo for Dragonborn until I finish this up.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007
Pretty sure that just won't happen until you visit Solstheim. I've spent like hundreds of hours having never touched Solstheim across various characters, and never once been told to go there beyond the DB quest line. After you visit, bets are off.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Kiggles posted:

Pretty sure that just won't happen until you visit Solstheim. I've spent like hundreds of hours having never touched Solstheim across various characters, and never once been told to go there beyond the DB quest line. After you visit, bets are off.

The Fighter's guild tried to send me their to clear out a bandit cave before I went there, I was using a mod to increase the rewards for bounty quests so it might be related to that (only mod I could think of that might affect it).

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I've definitely had radiant quests send me to Solstheim (and Bruma) before. The book quests from the Notice Board mod seem to be fairly common culprits here.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.
I haven't been to Solstheim yet and the quest that's sending me there is one of the Ancient Technology ones from Dawnguard, so it's not even a mod issue. That's why I'm hoping there is a mod that stops it from happening. I'm guessing there isn't, but :shrug:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I wish the Apoc spell entomb didn't turn the target hostile. I mean, it makes sense that burying someone alive in a magical prison pisses them off, but it'd be a lot more fun if my mind controlled slave could be buried until I actually want them around.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Double Agent posted:

I haven't been to Solstheim yet and the quest that's sending me there is one of the Ancient Technology ones from Dawnguard, so it's not even a mod issue. That's why I'm hoping there is a mod that stops it from happening. I'm guessing there isn't, but :shrug:

Can confirm this is correct, occasionally vanilla radiant quests will send you to Solstheim dungeons. It happens often enough that I automatically quicksave before taking a radiant quest. (Saving/reloading/trying again actually doesn't change the dungeon you'll get, interestingly; apparently skyrim doesn't re-randomize whatever seed it's using for that.)

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Eric the Mauve posted:

Can confirm this is correct, occasionally vanilla radiant quests will send you to Solstheim dungeons. It happens often enough that I automatically quicksave before taking a radiant quest. (Saving/reloading/trying again actually doesn't change the dungeon you'll get, interestingly; apparently skyrim doesn't re-randomize whatever seed it's using for that.)

Yeah, I think it gets set when a new game is started; I noticed this when I would 'start a game' by reloading my Unbound starting save with all my mods configured the way I like.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Trying to make my house look more like a necromancer's lair. I need to find some more spooky objects so its not just covered in nothing but creep clusters.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Needs some giant mushrooms. If you have the Dragonborn DLC you should have a bunch of Morrowind-esque assets to play with.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
Getting the itch.

Are there any mods that dramatically scale back the eternal radiant quest system? I don't want constant repeating quests to go clear out this or that cave stuck in my log, and I don't want to have be wary and avoid grabbing every quest I come across. The ability to exhaust a region of quest-based content is what I'm after, to better appease my sense of being 'done' with one or another part of the game.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Vavrek posted:

Getting the itch.

Are there any mods that dramatically scale back the eternal radiant quest system? I don't want constant repeating quests to go clear out this or that cave stuck in my log, and I don't want to have be wary and avoid grabbing every quest I come across. The ability to exhaust a region of quest-based content is what I'm after, to better appease my sense of being 'done' with one or another part of the game.

The system is literally hard-coded to send you to places you haven't been before, areas and holds are weighted much more heavily if you haven't been there. Just let go, accept tha your quest log is going to be a cluttered mess, and have fun.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Radiant quests always get put into the misc tab so its pretty easy to ignore them.

Its the main quest log being filled that drives me nuts. You go to finish one quest and you pick up two more on the way. An endless cycle!

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
Yeah, I found Hide Those Futile Quests as a purple link when I tried Googling this issue after posting, so that's evidently how I solved this problem before. Was just kind of hoping there had been a development on the other side of the issue.

Edit: Excellent, there is a Special Skyrim Edition of the mod.

Vavrek fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Jan 17, 2018

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Internet Kraken posted:

Radiant quests always get put into the misc tab so its pretty easy to ignore them.

Its the main quest log being filled that drives me nuts. You go to finish one quest and you pick up two more on the way. An endless cycle!

But thats infinite gameplay!!

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Dongattack posted:

Not the one about hunting virgins :nexus:

That's just being contradictory.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Sometimes you forget the simple joys of Skyrim, like watching a dragon pick a fight with some giants and lose absolutely horribly.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Suppose my game runs apparently well, but loading games is totally broken - Skyrim (SE) instantly crashes when I try to load a save. This includes a quick F5 -> F9 while still in the Alternate Start's starting cell.

Is there any kind of useful diagnostics I can look at before doing the ol' binary search (disable half mods, repeat until I find the culprit/s)?

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

NihilCredo posted:

Suppose my game runs apparently well, but loading games is totally broken - Skyrim (SE) instantly crashes when I try to load a save. This includes a quick F5 -> F9 while still in the Alternate Start's starting cell.

Is there any kind of useful diagnostics I can look at before doing the ol' binary search (disable half mods, repeat until I find the culprit/s)?
Are you using SKSE and mods that require it? It's been a long time, but I recall one of the features of SKSE is that mods can save additional data besides the stuff directly in your save file, i.e. there are two files: YourSave.ess and YourSave.something-else-I-dont-remember. Maybe that additional file isn't being saved or loaded correctly? You could look in your Skyrim saves directory to see them.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Gilg posted:

Are you using SKSE and mods that require it? It's been a long time, but I recall one of the features of SKSE is that mods can save additional data besides the stuff directly in your save file, i.e. there are two files: YourSave.ess and YourSave.something-else-I-dont-remember. Maybe that additional file isn't being saved or loaded correctly? You could look in your Skyrim saves directory to see them.

Thanks for the tip! I'll try disabling the SKSE mods first.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?

Internet Kraken posted:

Sometimes you forget the simple joys of Skyrim, like watching a dragon pick a fight with some giants and lose absolutely horribly.

It's even more embarrassing to see them lose to those little loving mounted rieklings (thanks Immersive Creatures). Those things hit like trunks, have a billion health and come in packs of 2-3. Even with doubled dragon health, armor and damage they seem to get wiped by those loving things.

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010

Eric the Mauve posted:

Yep.

Fuckin Urag keeps sending me to Miraak's temple for Shalidor's Insight's no matter how many times I reload, fast travel away from Winterhold, fast travel back, and try again.

I've had Kharjo's Moon Amulet assigned to Bloodskal Barrow as well.

It doesn't seem to be a failure to de-randomize the seed, in my experience, so much as some seeds are set very early [i.e. long before you find the college and/or closer to character creation] and so you end up trying in vain to re-roll for a new seed because your save is after the generation point.

With the above quests I only got new locations with a new character, even though I was able to re-roll other stuff (i.e. Helm of Winterhold, Amren's sword) just by saving prior to fast traveling into the hold in question.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Does anyone know Lt Smash's full username? I can't seem to find him in search. (Yes, I want to nag him about Skyprocs, though it looks like someone posted a version on :nexus: a few months ago that might sort of work for ASIS, Lootification, and Automatic Variants).

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

So I'm having this weird issue with Ordinator and Summermyst.

Ord has the rad resto perk False Light, which makes the rad Heal enchant do damage to enemies. But when I combine Heal with the Power Surge enchant and False Light, PS won't proc on anyone except followers. I've even hosed around with things to get a 4000% chance to proc and it just won't do it. With PS + a damage/utility enchant it works fine, even with False Light, but something about the perk changing the way Heal functions fucks up PS unless I remove the perk. Any ideas?

Also you should add the argonian raptor feet mod to the OP because it's very important.

edit: ugh. Upon further testing, with the False Light perk and any combo of Heal and a damaging or utility enchant, the damage/utility enchant is totally backwards. Heal + Lingering Fire causes the lingering fire to heal bad guys :v:

Rainbow Knight fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Jan 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Ynglaur posted:

Does anyone know Lt Smash's full username? I can't seem to find him in search. (Yes, I want to nag him about Skyprocs, though it looks like someone posted a version on :nexus: a few months ago that might sort of work for ASIS, Lootification, and Automatic Variants).

LtSmash last I knew, no spaces. Pretty sure he's posted in this thread.