Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Illaoi picked for the first time in LCK, hopefully she gets to do soloq things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

JerryLee posted:

Frost Queen's Claim on top lane Vlad :thunk:
FQC Vlad (and a bunch of other champs) is really popular in high elo solo queue, and already got played in the LPL yesterday. It's good.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Vlad's big problem outside of teamfights is that he consistently has trouble actually sticking to people to complete his combo, something that FQC solves nicely.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

njsykora posted:

Illaoi picked for the first time in LCK, hopefully she gets to do soloq things.

Lol ADD got solokilled as Illaoi that is impressive. He was winning lane hard though in terms of pressure and cs.

MVP look like poo poo. This might be finally the year where they don't randomly make playoffs.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Ulio posted:

Lol ADD got solokilled as Illaoi that is impressive. He was winning lane hard though in terms of pressure and cs.

MVP look like poo poo. This might be finally the year where they don't randomly make playoffs.

That solo kill was so loving stupid, he drew tower aggro alone against a loving Ornn so he just got knocked up, took multiple tower shots and by the time he was able to get any separation he just got ulted and died.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
drafting in just under an hour ✌🏻

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

njsykora posted:

That solo kill was so loving stupid, he drew tower aggro alone against a loving Ornn so he just got knocked up, took multiple tower shots and by the time he was able to get any separation he just got ulted and died.

Ya even though he played the rest of the lane well that was incredibly stupid. Also Illaoi in pro play is just wut? Unless you have aoe cc or crazy tp's with illaoi you are not gonna do anything. Too bad because she is really fun to watch and is more interesting than boring tanks. Bruisers are always gonna be ultra trash or too op.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Is it not a little weird that preseason was where they supposedly intended to test a whole bunch of crazy stuff but then did very minute changes and waited until the season started to announce a huge shift in the support play paradigm

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
As much as SpoTV stepped up last night, OGN is still like 10 miles ahead. God, Achilios is so much better just because he's learned how to open his loving mouth while talking

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

This OGN broadcast is going to be salty as gently caress all season and it's awesome. They keep talking about Monte and 'Undersight'.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

njsykora posted:

This OGN broadcast is going to be salty as gently caress all season and it's awesome. They keep talking about Monte and 'Undersight'.
Both Papa and Achilios were broadcasting Overwatch which was basically taken from OGN because Blizzard, like Riot, hates anyone else being successful broadcasting their IP.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Their subtitle for the split is Beginning of the End as well. Anyway one 47 minute pause later we're actually in the draft and Ornn and Zoe still not being banned.

E: VEIGAR

njsykora fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Jan 17, 2018

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Well, I guess Afreeca is winning Game 1. I guess KT is trying to see what they can get away with (Hint: They probably won't get away with putting PawN on Veigar)

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

They might get away with it if Afreeca forget how to take tier 2 towers and just let Veigar get dem fat stacks.

E: Or Spirit could forget what a smite is.

njsykora fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Jan 17, 2018

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

lmao the classic "tele onto zac blob, win teamfight" play.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Game 2 started with a full soloq jungle invade and Afreeca are 2-1 up already.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
So do you think this double relic shield meta is gonna end with Riot making the heal and gold proc only off the execute? Or will the loss of the shield from targon's be enough to dissuade adcs from building it?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Riot will do it in the dumbest way possible, so probably by making Relic Shield completely unviable then buffing 2 other items that are twice as oppressive and creating a new meta with much more annoying champions.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Korea is looking like a really fun region to watch this split.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Bleck posted:

Is it not a little weird that preseason was where they supposedly intended to test a whole bunch of crazy stuff but then did very minute changes and waited until the season started to announce a huge shift in the support play paradigm

I think it had more to do with Christmas holidays than anything else.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Klepto Vayne happening, I don't like this.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Sometimes it's good to see that even Korean pro league forgets to ban Shyvana.

Monathin fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Jan 17, 2018

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Monathin posted:

Sometimes it's good to see that even Korean pro league forgets to ban Shyvana.

I wondered why we weren't seeing more shyvana in ogn and it turns out it's just because teams are dumb.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Rox tigers are back :woop:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
R I p rox tigers who are these guys

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Pretty sure there's been at least one baron steal in every LCK match this year so far.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

RealFoxy posted:

Riot will do it in the dumbest way possible, so probably by making Relic Shield completely unviable then buffing 2 other items that are twice as oppressive and creating a new meta with much more annoying champions.
Soraka v Janna until we all kill ourselves or the sun goes dark

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Blank got subbed out, Wolf is jungling.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

njsykora posted:

Blank got subbed out, Wolf is jungling.

Nani???

Aumanor posted:

So do you think this double relic shield meta is gonna end with Riot making the heal and gold proc only off the execute? Or will the loss of the shield from targon's be enough to dissuade adcs from building it?

The heal's reduced by half if you're ranged on the PBE. They're trying to kill it as much as they can.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Jan 17, 2018

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

wolf jungle: going about as well as expected

Unscientific
Feb 16, 2014
I uhh...don't think I was ready for this year

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Vermain posted:

wolf jungle: going about as well as expected

:ironicat:

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

CODChimera posted:

Korea is looking like a really fun region to watch this split.

Yeah, looks like the entire region put together is only slighty less fun than tyler 1's 24 hour stream, congrats to the lck.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Bang's clearly been practicing his heart out, which is good to see. Faker's still looking absolutely rock solid and shows no signs of plateauing. Interested in seeing if Wolf jungle is a one-and-done thing or if they're seriously going to try out this weird swapping strategy.

I mean, let's be fair: that entire game was Faker and Bang manhandling the competition. The Boomerang Blade steal tilted ROX into oblivion and they just took lovely engage after lovely engage after that.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Just watched the KT vs Afreeca game.

-Kiin seems like a really good carry top. He doesn't have Marin level of pressure but he did well vs Smeb in all matchups.
-Kuro outperformed Pawn in every game imo even the 2nd game. Kuro is good on Azir is a really surprising thing to say in 2018.
-Score had some good early pressure in some of the games but Spirit kept up with him. Smeb seemed to be only one playing well throughout the series and Mata.
-Deft not building qss lost them the last game. They have a comp to protect vayne but no qss or mikaels.

I actually want to see Ucal+Rush now. Pawn/Score are alright but Pawn is inconsistent and also Score getting baron stolen in game 1 was a big deal.

E: Saw SKT vs ROX.

Rox look way better than last split and SKT seem to be experimenting a lot more with Wolf jungle + their new support.

Faker really carried hard the games they won.

Ulio fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jan 17, 2018

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I think I'm already real real tired of stopwatch.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Work Friend Keven posted:

It turns out giving everyone access to a limited one-time use zhonyas is really strong in Pro Play where no one wants to take any risks ever

unsurprising

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Work Friend Keven posted:

they call it stopwatch because it makes you want to stop watching the stream

For real content I'm happy league is back. B01s are going to be weird for NA, but it will be nice to actually watch all the games I want to watch since I usually have to fit them in with my busy schedule.

I also get to figure out which team to cheer for. Do I follow my "always cheer for Doublelift" with Team Liquid, go for the forever champions TSM, or go with the Houston Rockets' clutch gaming?

Other question, since I've mostly been gone: why did Huni go to Echo Fox?????????????????

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Dragongem posted:

Other question, since I've mostly been gone: why did Huni go to Echo Fox?????????????????

Got the blame for SKT not winning Worlds despite being their best player in the final and came back to NA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

njsykora posted:

Got the blame for SKT not winning Worlds despite being their best player in the final and came back to NA.

Ya there was a really weird narrative of Untara being better than Huni being pushed by some analysts and journalists despite Untara getting shat on hard by Khan. Huni played well vs Khan each time despite getting heavily camped by BDD roams + Cuz. Not saying Untara is much worse than Huni but just that they were on a similar level imo.

Also why didn't SKT pick up an adc or real jungler in the off season? Their weakest player at worlds was easily Bang. Faker, Wolf and Huni were pretty good. Their junglers both seem inconsistent. One series Blank looked like a jungling wizard, the next game he would look like he has never jungled before and Peanut was aggro some games but other games he just let all his lanes lose so he could farm.