Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

the whole season until a few days ago and i still haven't completed my Uli's set, i run Sunwoko's for 48 hours and have a full set and pushed past my old personal best :rock:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Told you.

Star Man, move Jay Wilson to the free slot, because gently caress Jay Wilson.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Dameius posted:

Told you.

Star Man, move Jay Wilson to the free slot, because gently caress Jay Wilson.

But the Ring of Royal Grandeur is the free space of set items.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Its not that you are wrong, it's just gently caress Jay Wilson is like.... The most concise way to summarize the entitety of D3 from Blizzard North to now.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

"I want necromancer back" to be replaced with druid, power creep, or 4 man is the only way to play, etc.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Larrymer posted:

"I want necromancer back" to be replaced with druid, power creep, or 4 man is the only way to play, etc.

Yes on the druid. The other 2 deserve slots of their own.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I'd like a Druid or paladin type character that is more based on healing. That would probably break the game but there game is fully mudflated already.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Must've got booted from the clan at some point, re-requesting a join. BarbarianSte#1467

Finished my Vyr set a little while ago, but before I did I got a taste of the Tal Rasha set and holy gently caress, meteors everywhere on a 2-piece set bonus... :stonk: now I'm going to have to hunt down the rest of the pieces.

Also, hampig, you suggested crafting for crit/crit/socket jewellery: I blew 16 million gold earlier with no luck. RNGesus hates me.

Gear-wise I'm still trying to get a Ring of Royal Grandeur, Fazula's Improbable Chain, Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac, the Swami and the other Archon-boosting stuff in the IcyVeins guide.

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jan 16, 2018

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
The clan isn't a thing to get added to anymore, kust join the community of the same name.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Hexenritter posted:

Finished my Vyr set a little while ago, but before I did I got a taste of the Tal Rasha set and holy gently caress, meteors everywhere on a 2-piece set bonus... :stonk: now I'm going to have to hunt down the rest of the pieces.

One of us! One of us! :getin:

If you want lazy meteor spam, try to gamble for an Etched Sigil -- it automatically casts one of your arcane power spenders on your bars as you channel Disintegrate, Arcane Torrent or Ray of Frost. I had put Meteor, Energy Twister and Blizzard on my bars and played fiery MS paint of death for a while: you just scrub at the screen and poo poo blows up. And if you manage to snag some of the items that boost Meteor or Arcane Torrent, all the better.

Unfortunately, for the 6 piece Tal Rasha bonus, you have to actively cast abilities in order to count as the element, so lazy channeling won't push you through greater rifts, but you can decide if you care about that in due time.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
PTR is up, but no patch notes.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Jan posted:

One of us! One of us! :getin:

If you want lazy meteor spam, try to gamble for an Etched Sigil -- it automatically casts one of your arcane power spenders on your bars as you channel Disintegrate, Arcane Torrent or Ray of Frost. I had put Meteor, Energy Twister and Blizzard on my bars and played fiery MS paint of death for a while: you just scrub at the screen and poo poo blows up. And if you manage to snag some of the items that boost Meteor or Arcane Torrent, all the better.

Unfortunately, for the 6 piece Tal Rasha bonus, you have to actively cast abilities in order to count as the element, so lazy channeling won't push you through greater rifts, but you can decide if you care about that in due time.

Well, funny you should mention that, guess what dropped for me when I blazed through my solo GR20 for the seasonal part IV? :v:

I've been running out of Arcane Power a lot more quickly since I switched from this older Disintegrate build to this modified Vyr Torrent/Archon one.

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jan 16, 2018

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
We already had a necromancer in Diablo III--the witch doctor. But it just wasn't the same because they're black.

Racism is why the necromancer from Diablo II is back.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Well, turns out I already had a Fazula's Improbable Chain. Is there any way of bumping it from ilvl61 to ilvl70?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
No. You can cube it though and use it there.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Star Man posted:

We already had a necromancer in Diablo III--the witch doctor. But it just wasn't the same because they're black.

Racism is why the necromancer from Diablo II is back.

And also because none of the skills were similar at all.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

bamhand posted:

I still think the WD is more fun to play at the moment. :can:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Lorini posted:

PTR is up, but no patch notes.

Path notes are up, but there's nothing in the PTR. It's just stress testing some "back end changes" (as in, transitioning the game to the dusty ol' backroom server)

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

bamhand posted:

:heritage:

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
The necro rathma set is fun but spamming the skeletal mage button constantly gets old

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

cool startup feel posted:

The necro rathma set is fun but spamming the skeletal mage button constantly gets old

Yeah, I miss my Corpse Lance and Poison Nova.
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/BarbarianSte-1467/hero/97727120 (3 hour old Necromancer)

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Quick question for your presumably Diablo Pros (diapros): I just got back into the game with some friends after barely touching it a few years ago. We are having fun making the numbers go up but our group seems to have some confusion regarding how legendary items drop. Our "most experienced" player insists that, in addition to new legendaries/set items becoming available at T1, that different items start dropping as you go up in difficulty. I can't find anything about this actually being true other than some arcane-rear end drop tables from 2014 that suggest that certain legendaries become more common as you go up in level, and that legendaries as a whole are split into rarity tiers, but I can't find jack poo poo that says Yon Blessed Demonfucker only drops when your difficulty is at T7 or higher or whatever.

I can't believe that something that critical to finding the loot you want, in a game that is 99% about getting loot, hasn't been documented on a wiki by some guy who's grinding out six characters every season in normal and hardcore and furiously charting every drop they get in an Excel table somewhere. His counterclaim is that he has "alot of experience" and he's seen poo poo only drop once he hits T5 or whatever, which reeks of confirmation bias and/or not spending a lot of time at lower levels because he's not a scrub like us.

More legendaries drop as your difficulty increases = more rolls for legendaries = more chances of getting the thing you actually want instead of a fifth fuckin' lovely legendary two-hander or whatever, right? Does it really get any more complex than that?

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
Your friend is a dumbo, T1 unlocks the full complement of legendary drops and nothing changes their rarity. He's kind of right about them being tiered - some legendaries of a given item type are more common than others, but difficulty has no effect on those odds and the most recent patch has greatly compressed the disparity between them.

The best way to get items is to kill as many things as fast as you can, turn the difficulty up to the point where you still cruise through rifts in under five minutes.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
Some legendaries are definitely more legendary than others. Though the drop rate does tend to change according to whether you're looking for that particular item or not.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

totalnewbie posted:

Some legendaries are definitely more legendary than others. Though the drop rate does tend to change according to whether you're looking for that particular item or not.

The best is when you're unaware how useful a particular legendary is to your build and you don't even realise you've had the drat thing in your stash for a dozen plus hours.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
After this last patch they really flattened the relative drop rates between legendaries. So long as you are playing on T1 you have roughly equalish shots at all legendaries dropping. The higher the difficulty, the higher your base magic find, so the more drops you'll get, and thus the more chances for the drop you need to appear. D3resource should have the most up to date information for you to reference.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

Hexenritter posted:

Well, turns out I already had a Fazula's Improbable Chain. Is there any way of bumping it from ilvl61 to ilvl70?

Just wear it till you get another one. Stat wise you're only missing maybe 100 int/vit for not having a lv 70 item. I found Fazula's easier to gamble for than a useable Swami

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

An ilvl 61 Fazula's with a legendary text of 50 Archon stacks is better than an ilvl 70 with 44, thanks to the way Diablo 3 itemization works.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

lol i don't get it, i finally do a solo 70, then i go to the enchantress and reroll my gear and all of a sudden i can't do 70's any more

same thing happened with uli's set, wtf?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

boar guy posted:

lol i don't get it, i finally do a solo 70, then i go to the enchantress and reroll my gear and all of a sudden i can't do 70's any more

same thing happened with uli's set, wtf?

Sometimes we roll off a little too much Vitality. Are you wearing any Diamonds?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Toughness is the most under-rated stat. Protip: losing 30% toughness for 2% more damage is a terrible trade in 99.9% of cases.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Sometimes we roll off a little too much Vitality. Are you wearing any Diamonds?

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/SonOfADiddly-1736/hero/95516164

edit jesus christ i was running with no ring in the cube, maybe thats it

edit again now that i logged in and checked i have been running rorg

boar guy fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jan 17, 2018

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jan 17, 2018

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

ok, time to pay kadala for more belts :) :tipshat:

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
naw I was misremembering, your belt is fine, though I personally hate manually managing sweeping wind because I'm lazy. Do you not have emeralds in your weapons, because that's going to completely gently caress you.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Herstory Begins Now posted:

naw I was misremembering, your belt is fine, though I personally hate manually managing sweeping wind because I'm lazy. Do you not have emeralds in your weapons, because that's going to completely gently caress you.

i will, just don't have ramaldini's to spare right now

i mean, that gear was absolutely destroying level 70 GRs in 4.5 minutes then I rerolled it and now i'm lucky to finish in 12. just feels weird, is all

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Not having emeralds in your drat weapons is the first, second, third, and fourth problem you're having. If you rerolled your sockets into resource reduction and area damage yeah no poo poo you can't kill anything now

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jan 17, 2018

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Bingo needs "I followed the guide except for the gems, jewelry and support legendaries and my build still sucks"

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Not having emeralds in your drat weapons is the first, second, third, and fourth problem you're having. If you rerolled your sockets into resource reduction and area damage yeah no poo poo you can't kill anything now

they weren't socketed to begin with. thanks, i'll reroll 'em into sockets while i wait for something better to drop

edit: i figured i could get away with rolling to resource reduction because now that i can do 70's ramaldini's would drop and i could have the rerolled property and eventually the ramaldinis. noob logic i spose

boar guy fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jan 17, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
The free square is just: :negative: