Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Hav posted:

Needs a voiceover of Crobbles describing the high fidelity flight system.

There's something beautiful in the pivot point being the plane intersection, and it hunting for another one.

I think the best part of the jpeg dancing around on its nose is how the pilot maintained a pulse of a tennis player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Baxta posted:

Its because Star Citizen is so amazing that others want to copy its because they are jealous and thats why derek smut's games suck because Christ Robins is a GENIOUS and so be patient these things take time you dont understand game development goonie get rekt in space court.

No word of a lie, that's right up my street.

It's like the killer feature for military flight sims is a dynamic campaign. Killer for flight sims is an economic model. Sci-fi flight sim on a Frontier planet, yes please.

It really fucks with an idea I've been batting around for a couple of years, but if someone else has done the hard work, then fine.

Lladre posted:

That's a no combat game. The feller from the forums should love that.

You can probably add combat, but starting with a combat game limits problem solving to blowing things up. I drive Scania, before anyone asks.

Colostomy Bag posted:

I think the best part of the jpeg dancing around on its nose is how the pilot maintained a pulse of a tennis player.

I'd kill for a resting heartrate like that on the sofa.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Galarox posted:

Hey Toast Moma - do you have a catte or a doggo? It would (ofc) gain you massive internet points if you did and posted pics of said pets with your... belt :classiclol:

I have a cat. I posted my cat and removed my picture because I don't want anyone using teh reverse googles on me. He's an orange tabby and incredibly handsome.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Isn't Ghou1 one of the bigger dicks from that particular hellhole? That name sounds familiar.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

ManofManyAliases posted:

I have a cat. I posted my cat and removed my picture because I don't want anyone using teh reverse googles on me. He's an orange tabby and incredibly handsome.

Did you cash out your cryptos yet or are you riding the crash all the way down to $0?

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Chalks posted:

Did you cash out your cryptos yet or are you riding the crash all the way down to $0?

I moved a lot of stuff to LTC and going to ride that one out.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Raskolnikov posted:

The citizenry are comforted by the sight of other fellow human beings as despondent and as unskillful as themselves. It's called Disco Lesnick factor.

Whereas the Lesnick Disco factor is similar to the Richter Scale, except it measures how much a neighborhood vibrates from Ben trying to dance.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

ManofManyAliases posted:

I moved a lot of stuff to LTC and going to ride that one out.

Best of luck buddy....

100% serious advice - the bubble is bursting, turn anything you can into real actual money that is going to be worth something come February, unlike all this crypto crap

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Galarox posted:

lol. Enjoy :)

I think the Derek quote really sells the shop :golfclap:

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Chalks posted:

Best of luck buddy....

100% serious advice - the bubble is bursting, turn anything you can into real actual money that is going to be worth something come February, unlike all this crypto crap

It was all imaginary money to start with. You can't turn it into real money since there isn't any real money in the system to turn it into.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

ManofManyAliases posted:

Too late I doxxed ur cat's instagramm

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Ayn Marx posted:

Too late I doxxed ur cat's instagramm

NOooooooooOoooooo.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

Isn't Ghou1 one of the bigger dicks from that particular hellhole? That name sounds familiar.

Yeah, it's Derek.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Lladre posted:

That's a no combat game. The feller from the forums should love that.

That isn't good enough for B'tak, because just being around other people is enough to cause grief in this poo poo show.

Especially with all the bugs like UI theft/glitching and everything else that happens.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Colostomy Bag posted:

Yeah, it's Derek.

:negative:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Chalks posted:

Best of luck buddy....

Stop spreading fud with your weak hand. Coins will never be cheaper then they are right now buy. Buy buy

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

neonbregna posted:

Stop spreading fud with your weak hand. Coins will never be cheaper then they are right now buy. Buy buy

My Hodl hand is extremely heavy. If it drops below 100, I'm buying another 10 coins.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
moma were you on the hook for butterfly labs preorders too

because lol so many people got conned from that poo poo

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

TheAgent posted:

moma were you on the hook for butterfly labs preorders too

because lol so many people got conned from that poo poo

What is this butterfly labs thing you speak of?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
jesus in the time since the star citizen kickstarter, butterfly labs went from darling of the bitcoin space with everyone talking about it incessantly, to the "hey guys where's my preorder" phase, to the "ummm we're working on it, its all coming soon, all your dreams (preorders) will be filled we just have to get some pipelines cleaned out" phase, to the "holy poo poo the FTC is here" phase and lemme see how they responded to that

quote:

Butterfly Labs is disappointed in the heavy-handed actions of the Federal Trade Commission. In a rush to judgment, the FTC has acted as judge, jury and executioner, contrary to our intended system of governmental checks and balances. The FTC's current actions are negatively impacting our thousands of customers and our dozens of employees. Their current media campaign should only further alarm a knowing citizenry and raise questions as to why the FTC wouldn't simply let this case play out through the judicial system. That is what Butterfly Labs intends to do.

It appears the FTC has decided to go to war on bitcoin overall, and is starting with Butterfly Labs. Butterfly Labs is being portrayed by the FTC as a bogus and fake company. To the contrary, Butterfly Labs is very real. As pointed out in court filings Butterfly Labs made last night, Butterfly Labs has shipped more than $33 million in products to customers and voluntarily granted refunds approximating $17 million to customers for cancelled orders. Butterfly Labs was literally is in the midst of shipping out completed products to fulfill the remaining millions of dollars of orders on our books and issuing requested refunds, when the FTC effectively closed the doors of Butterfly Labs without any chance to be heard in court.

At this time, Butterfly Labs is cooperating fully with the Temporary Receiver appointed by the Court. A hearing is set for September 29 and Butterfly Labs has asked the Court to allow it to present testimony from key witnesses for the company. Butterfly Labs intends to defend our business and our nascent and promising industry. The government wants to shut Butterfly Labs down, and we are not going away without a fight to vindicate bitcoin, our company, and our employees. Our continued focus is our customers and finding a way to continue to deliver products and processing refunds for those who have requested them.
after that they moved into the "holy poo poo we have to settle wth the FTC for $40m lol fuuuccckkk" phase

I wonder what phase star citizen currently is in

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

ManofManyAliases posted:

My Hodl hand is extremely heavy. If it drops below 100, I'm buying another 10 coins.

You're a god damned idiot.

SpaceCurtisLeMay
Sep 30, 2016

We're at war with Goons. We were attacked by Goons. Do you want to kill Goons, or would you rather have Citizens killed?

no_recall posted:

Star Citizen : Meet Legal

e: reposting legal

But if that's legal, doesn't it need to be a beagle?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
on BTC forums you can find people harping on the FTC like they were the big bad guy, and not the company that took them for millions and millions of dollars

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Lladre posted:

What is this butterfly labs thing you speak of?

They were meant to be making mining machines for bitcoin but instead didn't and ripped everyone off lol

https://www.theverge.com/2014/9/23/6833047/bitcoin-conspiracy-theorists-vindicated-as-ftc-shuts-down-butterfly-labs

They pretty much did to bitcoin nerds what CIG are doing to gaming nerds

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Beet Wagon posted:

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

TheAgent posted:

on BTC forums you can find people harping on the FTC like they were the big bad guy, and not the company that took them for millions and millions of dollars

There were probably plenty of people who were pissed off that they couldn't get rich because the government put Charles Ponzi in prison. And when Star Citizen's all said and done, they'll blame us mean old goons and Derek Smart instead of the guy who pissed away over 170 million dollars

It's just really hard to admit you were a chump, I guess

Foo Diddley fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jan 17, 2018

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Another well balanced smartman in the Space Sim army.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

The consequence of the FTC run by goons and Derek Smart, esq, etc.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Good bot.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

The world's first AAAA game would have fulfilled its glorious mandate if not for bad posts on a bad forum destroying it and also internet money maybe. Something about ED.

Mu77ley
Oct 14, 2016

Sunswipe posted:

I'm beginning to think that David Braben actually raped Toops.

At the very least he must have poo poo in his dessert at some point.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Chalks posted:

Bullets and gold.

Maybe antibiotics.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

TheAgent posted:

I still regularly hear that buttcoin is a way to democratize money from people who seem vaguely unaware that commerce has a history that goes back *over fifty years* and someone keeps floating an alternate bourse because bubbles are how you make phat stacks.

Now blockchain itself is interesting, but people are running into the problem that you have to trust the base model and gently caress me we're back to a trust model with a hinky verification step. No, don't bother trying, I've sat through enough conferences to know that the underlining thing is interesting, but the smoke and loving mirrors are in full force.

peter gabriel posted:

They were meant to be making mining machines for bitcoin but instead didn't and ripped everyone off lol

They weren't the only sketchy hardware outfit that lit out with cash, IIRC, but they were the biggest. Pre-kickstarter, too, so they got hosed on the technicality of promising a product and recklessly throwing around the word 'preorder'.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Hav posted:

I still regularly hear that buttcoin is a way to democratize money from people who seem vaguely unaware that commerce has a history that goes back *over fifty years* and someone keeps floating an alternate bourse because bubbles are how you make phat stacks.

Now blockchain itself is interesting, but people are running into the problem that you have to trust the base model and gently caress me we're back to a trust model with a hinky verification step. No, don't bother trying, I've sat through enough conferences to know that the underlining thing is interesting, but the smoke and loving mirrors are in full force.

They weren't the only sketchy hardware outfit that lit out with cash, IIRC, but they were the biggest. Pre-kickstarter, too, so they got hosed on the technicality of promising a product and recklessly throwing around the word 'preorder'.

Talking of Kickstarter it's always good to pop into the Star Citizen comments now and then to see the high morale and good natured folk

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cig/star-citizen/comments

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Hav posted:

Eh, at the end of the day there isn't some FIAT currency to support it.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

CIG is selling a subscriber only mousepad that's straight up just a bunch of untextured models.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Whitleys-Guide-Mousepad-Subscriber-Special/Whitley-s-Guide-Mousepad-Subscriber-Special

This can't be real. I'm being tricked. Is this real? This can't be real. $16 w/ $15 shipping.

Dusty Lens fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Jan 17, 2018

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Dusty Lens posted:

CIG is selling a subscriber only mousepad that's straight up just a bunch of untextured models.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Whitleys-Guide-Mousepad-Subscriber-Special/Whitley-s-Guide-Mousepad-Subscriber-Special

This can't be real. I'm being tricked. Is this real? This can't be real. $16 w/ $15 shipping.

That would make a great toilet training pad for a large animal.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Dusty Lens posted:

Yeah, it's real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Dusty Lens posted:

For each one that is bought. For Clifford AKA Miku this means $150 or more in shipping something that any ebay seller would have shipped for $15 altogether or Amazon would have shipped for free.