Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Elman posted:

Top 5? What would you say is the worst? Khezu and Plesioth have to be somewhere in that list.

This depends on what you're ranking. Top 5 most annoying? Plessy and Ceph are in there. If it's most boring then dromes would take up 4/5 slots. I don't think Khezu fits in anywhere purely because there are always better candidates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Day 1 update adds https://youtu.be/PARR_Ftfiyw

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

If they're bring back The Incredible Pickle in DLC they better be bringing back Tigrex. That things like one of the defining monsters of the series to me.

Also I'd love Barioth to come back as well, love the design on that giant saber tooth wyvern.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Elman posted:

Top 5? What would you say is the worst? Khezu and Plesioth have to be somewhere in that list.

(and yeah, I beat it eventually but that mission took more effort than soloing Ukanlos)

Yeah monsters I'd consider the worst are a combination of annoying and just boring. So in no particular order:

Cephadrome - spends way too much time sand swimming. And is just a mini plesi on land. You can sonic bomb him but you don't have a big supply of those when you fight him early on.
Plesioth - I started with Tri so the hip check was fixed, but he just sucks in general. Hilarious to pierce gun him though.
Khezu - I dont even have trouble with him, I just switch to gunner and laugh. But he's boring either way.
Ceanataur - gently caress this guy the most and how much he trips you.
Black Gravios - probably has the most going for him in this list, but man is he just so goddamn annoying to fight unless you're running a HBG pierce set.

So looking at my list....yeahhh gently caress gen1 monsters in general. And if you ever have a problem, switch to a ranged weapon.
Also, Dromes are fine for beginner guys. But the jaggi family is waaaaaaay better as beginner monsters.

Bananasaurus Rex fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Jan 17, 2018

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
bring back all the tri monsters

and underwater :getin:

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I liked the underwater stuff in MH Tri

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!
I, for one, am plenty happy to have Plesioth be relegated to the black abyss where he belongs. I remember a double Plesioth fight in MH: Gen that made me question my life choices.

I really liked Seregios and his set. I do hope to see him again some day.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
I liked underwater too, but probably because I played Lance in Tri

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Kaldaris posted:

I, for one, am plenty happy to have Plesioth be relegated to the black abyss where he belongs. I remember a double Plesioth fight in MH: Gen that made me question my life choices.

I really liked Seregios and his set. I do hope to see him again some day.

I was hoping either random invade Jho or Plesioth for shock value for my new friends. Some of my best memories of the game. "Surely the hip check can't be THAT bad" right before I get sent flying by air pressure around its leg

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Zaphod42 posted:

It looks like world is going for like a 50/50 split of returning and new monsters, which sounds pretty good to me.

There's a few old favs though I hope show up as dlc or something.

Yea, I'm a bit torn between hoping that list is true and we're getting a healthy amount of brand new experiences and wishing more of my favorite monsters were getting the sexy PS4 treatment. Still, that's what DLC is for, I can see them using 'hunt your old favorites' as a major selling point there considering how hype seeing The Horrible Pickle made the fans

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!
I like the big fuzzy bat.

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

👏Bring👏back👏Gobul👏

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

Lance was basically the only way underwater stuff approached tolerable. Ceadeus can still gently caress off though

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Camel Camus posted:

👏Bring👏back👏Gigginox👏

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Kaldaris posted:

Paolumu is my friend, also.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I miss King Shakalaka :smith:

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

FisheyStix posted:

I would slay a man where he stands for Mizutsune to be in this game

Why? What's wrong with mizutsune?

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

The 3ds controls are fine but I can't play for more than an hour at a time because it's about as ergonomic as a shriveled testicle.

Well I have tiny hands so maybe that's why I had no issue.

Zodack posted:

I was hoping either random invade Jho or Plesioth for shock value for my new friends. Some of my best memories of the game. "Surely the hip check can't be THAT bad" right before I get sent flying by air pressure around its leg

Yeah, I was hoping jho would be in the game to haunt you like the past 3. Ah man, that sucks it'll be dlc only. Hearing a new player experience the pickle for the first time is always amazing.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Did you know the best monster (nerscylla) eats the worst monster (khezu) and then skins its hide and then dances around in its stupid moron skin to show how stupid it was? Fun monster fact.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

Underwater in Tri was where I fell in forever-love with the lance. Upward poke was the only way I could hit anything under water.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
We also haven’t seen Yama Tsukami since MHFU, bring back the giant tentacle balloon.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I can't wait for the free update in March or whatever that adds Jho invasions. Just a nice, friendly, "gently caress you :)" to the people who are new to the series.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Kaldaris posted:

easily my favorite new mon in a while

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Sprite141 posted:

Why? What's wrong with mizutsune?

Nothing is wrong with him, except that he is a big cutie that I want to be in World so bad that I would literally end the life of another human being to make it happen.

PM me Capcom :argh:

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
I don't care what people say, I liked Gobul :colbert:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

deadly_pudding posted:

I can't wait for the free update in March or whatever that adds Jho invasions. Just a nice, friendly, "gently caress you :)" to the people who are new to the series.

Oh God, DevilJho invasions...and with no zones to use as a safeguard. :ohdear:

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Can't wait 2 hear no lock on complaints

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
it has lock on though

enabled by default too

actually gonna lol if a common complaint is that the lock on sucks

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

dragon enthusiast posted:

it has lock on though

Can't wait 2 hear lovely lock on camera complaints

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I've never played a MH game and didn't play the beta and yet I am still absurdly hyped for this game. From the little video I've seen on youtube I just know this game is going to be extremely my jam.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

FisheyStix posted:

Nothing is wrong with him, except that he is a big cutie that I want to be in World so bad that I would literally end the life of another human being to make it happen.

PM me Capcom :argh:

Same except with Glavenus.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Should I buy this on PS4 or wait for PC?

Should I upgrade my bitch model PS4 to a PS4 Pro for this?

Should I buy the Gamestop-exclusive very nice looking Monster Hunter PS4 Pro?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Deviant posted:

Should I upgrade to a PS4 Pro for this?

no unless you already wanted a ps4 pro

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Deviant posted:

Depends on if you want a nicer looking game. It's 30FPS for both models.

Ross Perowned
Jun 14, 2012

Shit in my hand and say yeah

Deviant posted:

I would only upgrade if you have or planning to get a 2k/4k monitor or TV. I haven't had too much frame rate issues with the demo with my normal PS4 (I'm not sure if that's saying much about the final product), but since I built a new computer and bought a higher end monitor, I plan to upgrade to a Pro.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Electric Phantasm posted:

Depends on if you want a nicer looking game. It's 30FPS for both models.

This is the big thing. Same FPS gives me less reason to upgrade.

Also if I can find someone to buy my base model PS4.

Is there any comparison so far I can look at re: visuals?

Ross Perowned posted:

I would only upgrade if you have or planning to get a 2k/4k monitor or TV. I haven't had too much frame rate issues with the demo with my normal PS4 (I'm not sure if that's saying much about the final product), but since I built a new computer and bought a higher end monitor, I plan to upgrade to a Pro.

I've heard of 4K, what's 2K? My TV is 1080, but I could hook it up to my 2560x1440 monitor (is that the same as 2k?)

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Deviant posted:

Should I buy the Gamestop-exclusive very nice looking Monster Hunter PS4 Pro?

It's already sold out, so no.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Neo_Crimson posted:

It's already sold out, so no.

https://www.gamestop.com/ps4/consoles/playstation-4-pro-1tb-monster-hunter-world-limited-edition-system-only-at-gamestop/158074

Sure doesn't look sold out.

That said, I'm probably just going to stick with my old model. No sense in buying a new console for a game I'm gonna rebuy on PC.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Are the spiders and crab monsters and stuff like that not likely to be in the base game? That's a bit disappointing, one of the things I was hoping was the trailers were just showing off a portion of the monsters. They've shown a lot of dragons, wyverns and 2/4 legged dinosaurs but I was assuming there'd be a lot of monsters they were keeping as surprises, stuff like well yeah, spiders, crabs, wasps/bees, giant ape monsters and things like that. I know those have been in older monster hunters so I guess maybe they'll be post release?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Deviant posted:

This is the big thing. Same FPS gives me less reason to upgrade.

Also if I can find someone to buy my base model PS4.

Is there any comparison so far I can look at re: visuals?

I've heard of 4K, what's 2K? My TV is 1080, but I could hook it up to my 2560x1440 monitor (is that the same as 2k?)

2k/4k refers to horizontal resolution so it's the same thing as 1920~2560

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

thebardyspoon posted:

Are the spiders and crab monsters and stuff like that not likely to be in the base game? That's a bit disappointing, one of the things I was hoping was the trailers were just showing off a portion of the monsters. They've shown a lot of dragons, wyverns and 2/4 legged dinosaurs but I was assuming there'd be a lot of monsters they were keeping as surprises, stuff like well yeah, spiders, crabs, wasps/bees, giant ape monsters and things like that. I know those have been in older monster hunters so I guess maybe they'll be post release?

There are always weird monsters in the game, dragons just sell the game much better to casuals I'm guessing.