Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Ride The Gravitron posted:

Party leader: target (full health) -> steal

Anyone else target (party leaders target) -> attack.

This makes sure Theres a round of stealing at the start of every battle.

I always made these super complicated by making them steal between 50% and 30% health while starting the battles with a lot of debuffs and poo poo. I def used every gambit slot and basically put on fast forward and just let the game play itself, you really don’t even need to use lots of commands even for bosses if you are set up well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
ff15 grows more epic every day

https://twitter.com/FFXVEN/status/953144800026361856

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

theyre adding a fuckin boat!

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
time for me to buy the game, it seems

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

thats the windows release date too

https://twitter.com/FFXVEN/status/953147311470690305

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Will the new dungeon be added to the base game for free or is it exclusive to that new release

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i bought the season pass last year after i beat the game and it's still the smartest decision of my life. year+ later the content keeps rolling in.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

Will the new dungeon be added to the base game for free or is it exclusive to that new release

dunno but id guess its a free patch

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I can't wait to play this game for the first time with all this stuff...

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Also I'm in chapter 3 in bravely default and all of a sudden have gone from not being sure if I have any jobs I want to focus on to now having like six

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i bought the season pass last year after i beat the game and it's still the smartest decision of my life. year+ later the content keeps rolling in.

yeah i wouldnt mind if they stopped making new poo poo now though so I could actually play it. Every time im about to pick it back up theyre like "WAIT ANOTHER HUGE UPDATE IN TWO MONTHS!"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

dunno but id guess its a free patch

Someone in games said it will be 20 bucks but idk where they got that info from. Lame

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

In Training posted:

Someone in games said it will be 20 bucks but idk where they got that info from. Lame

i saw it on eurogamer

quote:

(it's worth noting that if you already own Final Fantasy 15 you can access all the features introduced in Royal Edition as DLC - although with those extras coming in at $19.99, it's a fairly pricey add-on if you've already invested in the base game and the season pass).

sure glad i haven't bought any of the dlc yet

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
jewish!!!!! jew maneouvre

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

so that $20 includes all the new royal edition and a season pass?

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

so that $20 includes all the new royal edition and a season pass?

No just the royal addition stuff. Even season pass owners need to buy it I think

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

my morning jackass posted:

No just the royal addition stuff. Even season pass owners need to buy it I think

Yeah I have the season pass and this is a new charge I would have to buy

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
the patient gamer prevails again

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Now I'm pissed off.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

maybe I'll just rebuy it on PC

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

The characters in FF12 are interesting except Vaan and his gf

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Now I'm pissed off.

https://www.dualshockers.com/final-fantasy-xv-royal-edition-update-19-99-price-mistake/

We still don't know how it'll actually work but they just confirmed the $20 price for the upgrade was a mistake

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

vaginal facsimile posted:

The characters in FF12 are interesting except Vaan and his gf

I think I read here that they were basically just thrown in cause the idea of playing as adults in Japan is wild or whatever. You could take vaan and penelo our entirely and it would make no difference plot wise

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Balthier was supposed to be the main character (he straight up calls himself the main character multiple times). They shifted the focus to Vann and Penelo because they’re teenagers.

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

The main writer just likes using kids as perspective characters in his stories about wars, he did the same thing for Tactics Ogre and FFT. I've never really understood the complaints about it, its just a narrative thing and it doesn't detract from the other characters being cool or whatever.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Penelo's a good character, they just don't give her enough to do.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

tao of lmao posted:

Balthier was supposed to be the main character (he straight up calls himself the main character multiple times). They shifted the focus to Vann and Penelo because they’re teenagers.

Balthiers cool like David bowie

FactsAreUseless posted:

Penelo's a good character, they just don't give her enough to do.

Yeah i guess I havent played enough to say if she is good or bad. Im trying to go save her now so still early game...

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1tABKPBlJs

Ghost Train and Kefka encounters coming to 14, hell yeah

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Being uncontrollably hype for this, Fighterz and uh, Dissidia NT I guess help get me through how lovely this year is being so far.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I played ffxi a long rear end time ago, ffxiv looks cool

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

I played ffxi a long rear end time ago, ffxiv looks cool

The game of choosing jobs you had to play like a job. I remember waiting hours to form groups, because solo play was nearly impossible. I miss that game; everyone's hand wasn't held as they were flown to the end game.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

DangerDongs posted:

The game of choosing jobs you had to play like a job. I remember waiting hours to form groups, because solo play was nearly impossible. I miss that game; everyone's hand wasn't held as they were flown to the end game.

Same here. It’s a shame the game is unrecognizable now but I’m glad I got to play at its peak

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FFXI is terrible

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

In Training posted:

FFXI is terrible

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

FFXI is terrible

I regularly played Ragnarok Online when I was around 11 and absolutely loved it, and even my dumb rear end kid self thought FFXI was a dog turd from poo poo hell within 20 minutes of starting it

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Jumped back into 15 last night for a couple hours and being able to accept more than one hunt (you can have up to 10) active is insanely convenient.

Multiplayer is also still real cool but no one plays it sadly.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

tao of lmao posted:

Jumped back into 15 last night for a couple hours and being able to accept more than one hunt (you can have up to 10) active is insanely convenient.

Multiplayer is also still real cool but no one plays it sadly.

Ah that kinda sucks, I haven’t tried it yet. Is it still fun solo?

I started ffxiii this morning and I really like the battle system so far. Feels like you are constantly doing something, really engaging. It also looks gorgeous for a ps3 game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FFXIII is one of the best looking games from that gen. you think theyre only able to do it because the restricted areas you walk through but even when the big open world part appears it still looks remarkable

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

my morning jackass posted:

Ah that kinda sucks, I haven’t tried it yet. Is it still fun solo?

Yeah they give you competent bots but if you’re not playing the game with people you may as well play the story since you get the car and fishing and camping and all the fun peripheral stuff that’s missing from the multiplayer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1tABKPBlJs

Ghost Train and Kefka encounters coming to 14, hell yeah

God drat it i dont have the money for this right now