Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's funny because usually you have to pay the live performer. But in this case the performer pays you! What a country!

Incorrect. It's funny because of his face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

if he pays hourly, it must be a hell of a long song.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Somfin posted:

White people (eh eh eh-eh eh eh eh)

black people (doo de doo doo dooo)

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/ReinH/status/953453816845758469

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

https://twitter.com/muffinlordSA/status/953301893261996033

We did.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's funny because usually you have to pay the live performer. But in this case the performer pays you! What a country!

*wistfully* I am Sean...

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I'm calling shenanigans on that list right now. The Gambler by Kenny Rogers hard to strip to, please...

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Picturing some poor girl trying to be sexy to "Tears in Heaven" :lol:

quote:

The years following 1990 were extremely turbulent for Clapton. In August 1990, his manager, two of his roadies and his friend and fellow musician Stevie Ray Vaughan were killed in a helicopter accident. Seven months later, on March 20, 1991, Clapton's 4-year-old son Conor died after falling from the 53rd-floor window of his mother's friend's New York City apartment. He landed on the roof of an adjacent four-story building.[4] ... Clapton dealt with the grief of his son's death by co-writing "Tears in Heaven" with Will Jennings.

Yeah, not a good song to try and strip to.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Hard mode is stripping to Krzysztof Penderecki's Threnody for the Victims of Hiroshima, if you manage to do that *and* keep the guy's interest then you've qualified for the title "sex goddess" imo

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer

https://twitter.com/Renegret/status/953342306245062657

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Guy Goodbody posted:

I'm pretty sure that's by the same guy who did the "Bathe in my milk" posters, I think I remember seeing it on his website

It also reminds me of my weird rear end cousin who's in his late 30s who thinks he's a singer so one time at my grandmother's birthday party a couple years ago he decided to sing a song for her at the dinner table so the entire extended family had to sit there while he stood and warbled out "Oh Danny Boy". He made almost the exact same face as the guy in the poster.
Nanna seemed to like it so we let it slide but the rest of us were cringing the entire time it was happening. Thank god he didn't make it an annual thing.

Vietnamwees posted:

I'm calling shenanigans on that list right now. The Gambler by Kenny Rogers hard to strip to, please...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ObJ_8CVf_Q

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 11:07 on Jan 17, 2018

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

Well, you shouldn't look a .gif horse in the mouths

IamnotJoe
Jul 24, 2005
Maybe Steve.

Pretty sure I have been to several Star Wars burlesque shows where someone stripped to Vaders theme.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

IamnotJoe posted:

Pretty sure I have been to several Star Wars burlesque shows where someone stripped to Vaders theme.

Only 'pretty sure'?

Seems like the kind of thing that would be burned into your mind.

And quite possibly wrecked any future viewings of the classics.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I dunno, it's got a good rhythm, I think you could get something going

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jiYVUU1RXQ

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

spog posted:

Only 'pretty sure'?

No, at a burlesque show you usually don't get to see the classics. It's not really stripping.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

IamnotJoe posted:

I went to a drag show in Copenhagen where two female Wookiees with hot gams sang silent night.

Such Fun
May 6, 2013

Your fertile womb is making grandma’s heart too crowded.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Vietnamwees posted:

As an expert in strippers, I confirm your call on shenanigans.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Such Fun posted:

I want you to know how much I appreciate this reference :allears:.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

And a newer generation:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

And a newer generation:

Man, the first time I saw this the Gran Turismo logo was cropped out and I really thought this was going to be a real car in a real race because it just got an anime. Now I'm kinda disappointed. Still funny, though.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

Both of these had me in tears

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

LargeHadron posted:

Both of these had me in tears

And the nominees for Best Performance Using Only a Mouse Cursor are...

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Zipperelli. posted:

I was in a strip club in Dothan, Alabama, and there was a girl stripping to "Landslide" by Stevie Nicks.

The version where Nicks introduces the song with "This is for you, Daddy."

HappyKitty
Jul 11, 2005

Phanatic posted:

I was in a strip club in Dothan, Alabama, and there was a girl stripping to "Landslide" by Stevie Nicks.

The version where Nicks introduces the song with "This is for you, Daddy."

Was there a point where a single tear rolled down her cheek as she let her bra strap artfully fall loose from her shoulder to the line "I'm getting older too"

Big Butt Skinner
Apr 16, 2005

Blueprints of the dummy...
Notarized photos of you making the dummy...
And an alternate wording for the banner: "Buttzilla."
Clearly you're not a loving nerd

I have had those conversations :negative:

edit: Linux is terrible

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

SpacePig posted:

Man, the first time I saw this the Gran Turismo logo was cropped out and I really thought this was going to be a real car in a real race because it just got an anime. Now I'm kinda disappointed. Still funny, though.

Don't feel too bad, your post is what made me finally notice the GT logo in the corner. For both. Now I'm a little sad :(

oh well, they still own

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Such Fun posted:

Fuckin' nice!

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

Zipperelli. posted:

Yeah, not a good song to try and strip to.

I mean, it wouldn’t be much of a stretch (obviously :nws:)

https://mobile.twitter.com/gayh0rney/status/951338358864715776/video/1

e: this auto-embeds even as a link, so don't click on it at work

Babies Getting Rabies has a new favorite as of 17:02 on Jan 17, 2018

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Trig Discipline posted:

I went to a drag show in Copenhagen where two female Wookiees with hot gams sang silent night.

Pretty sure this is the best sentence I'm going to read this week.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?
I went to a strip club in Amsterdam where two ladies dressed as peacocks stripped to "The Circle of Life" from the Lion King soundtrack. Best performance I'd ever seen and I will never watch the Lion King the same way again.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Big Grunty Secret posted:

I went to a strip club in Amsterdam where two ladies dressed as peacocks stripped to "The Circle of Life" from the Lion King soundtrack. Best performance I'd ever seen and I will never watch the Lion King the same way again.

A girl I know does nerd burlesque. One video that got posted online was a sort of strip recreation of the past life fight scene from The Mummy Returns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJeUzktxzH8

IamnotJoe
Jul 24, 2005
Maybe Steve.

spog posted:

Only 'pretty sure'?

I try to be blackout drunk. In my experience nerdy burlesque has always been fat nerdy girls who have harems of fat nerdy guys.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

I was at a strip club in Winnipeg and saw a stripper dance to a nu-metal cover of behind blue eyes. It was odd.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
At a strip club in Grand Rapids, Michigan I watched a woman in a Real Tree bikini dance to Diary of Jane and a few other Breaking Benjamin songs.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HappyKitty posted:

Was there a point where a single tear rolled down her cheek as she let her bra strap artfully fall loose from her shoulder to the line "I'm getting older too"

:randpop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

I was at a strip club in Winnipeg and saw a stripper dance to a nu-metal cover of behind blue eyes. It was odd.

was it the limp bizkit version