Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Mitsuboshi Colors is kinda sending me for a trip since it set like right outside of the Tokyo Zoo in Ueno, which I visted while there, and there is no where they could be hanging out in their shack.

It wouldn't be so bad if I couldn't like remember the exact places the scenes are taking place in because they basically traced backgrounds from there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Nitrousoxide posted:

Mitsuboshi Colors is kinda sending me for a trip since it set like right outside of the Tokyo Zoo in Ueno, which I visted while there, and there is no where they could be hanging out in their shack.

It wouldn't be so bad if I couldn't like remember the exact places the scenes are taking place in because they basically traced backgrounds from there.

all that means is that the colors are too powerful for you to understand

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Nitrousoxide posted:

The Colors out of Space, located within Impossible Geometry in Ueno.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
my favorite lovecraft story

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san also has some high class bullying Simply scrumptious.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

Nitrousoxide posted:

Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san also has some high class bullying Simply scrumptious.

It's my favorite of the things I've seen this season. Takagi-san is easily teasing at a high school level, and she's only going to get better at it.

it's also cute as hell

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

https://twitter.com/shinobinobunaga/status/953537483320410112

season 3 in april

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
:toot:

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

The extremely purple blushes and knee highlights in Citrus are weirdly distracting.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
its called yuri knees

l0lwhat
Mar 30, 2005

Who touched my nuts?

Araki posted:

The extremely purple blushes and knee highlights in Citrus are weirdly distracting.

Still really enjoy the character design.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Hell yes

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j8sX95vkfc

Megalobox

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I missed the tiny Ninja I'm glad she's back!

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Wait what show is that

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

This looks extremely dope.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

I've never heard of this.

But I'm in.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
More details. It’s apparently a futuristic, anime-original spin-off of the classic boxing manga Ashita no Joe, with direction by the Woman Called Fujiko Mine lead animator, writing by the guy who did the Fist of the North Star movies, and music by mabanua, who were responsible for the Kids on the Slope soundtrack.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ninjewtsu posted:

Wait what show is that

nobunaga no shinobi. it's pretty good, it's a comedy series about a female ninja who works for nobunaga. its on crunchyroll as ninja girl & samurai master because I guess you don't want people to know its about nobunaga? idk

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Oh good, I love this show. :dance:

Oh no, I remember Japanese history. :ohdear:

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Endorph posted:

nobunaga no shinobi. it's pretty good, it's a comedy series about a female ninja who works for nobunaga. its on crunchyroll as ninja girl & samurai master because I guess you don't want people to know its about nobunaga? idk

I think they're assuming people don't know who nobunaga is lol

Tarodia
Jan 13, 2008

Winners don't do drugs

an actual dog posted:

I think they're assuming people don't know who nobunaga is lol

which is weird cause there's like several other shows with Nobunaga in the title

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Nobunaga's Ambition

Ambition of a Samurai Master

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Samurai Mastergun

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's probably pretty bad but seeing all these screencaps of the new Houshin Engi anime is hitting my nostalgia buttons mighty fiercely.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Tarodia posted:

which is weird cause there's like several other shows with Nobunaga in the title

That's probably the reason to be honest. For western audiences those shows probably don't do very well.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Japanese culture has a complicated relationship with Nobunaga, who ruthlessly broke taboos yet managed to reunite Japan and end the endemic warfare.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I thought nobunaga was part 1 of 3 when it came to ending the foreverwar*

*my knowledge of this is entirely based off anime and anime-video games

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ninjewtsu posted:

I thought nobunaga was part 1 of 3 when it came to ending the foreverwar*

*my knowledge of this is entirely based off anime and anime-video games
nobunaga did 99.9% of the work, then he got killed by a traitorous mitsuhide, then his lackey hideyoshi took over and did the last .1% of the work, then nobunaga's other lackey ieyasu deposed hideyoshi's son and established a shogunate that lasted until the late 1800s.

you'll note that both of those other two people were also nobunaga's lackeys, so basically nobunaga did everything since those guys wouldn't have been in a position to do anything without him.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

pf, mitsuhide was innocent. dont believe the lies!

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

I think you will find Mitsuhide is good and cute, and Endorph is being very rude.

In more seriousness, the reasons behind the betrayal at Honno-ji have remained incredibly unclear to this day. All that's really been verifiable is that Mitsuhide was at one point one of Nobunaga's most trusted retainers, and something in that last year/months led to the betrayal. There've been a lot of theories proposed, ranging from ambition of one sort or another, to justifiable revenge, to fear of being killed for failure (which Nobunaga HAD done in the past to other retainers).

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

How are you gonna protect Mitsuhide from that fivehead though.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i've written way more college essays about ieyasu than someone probably should

Liver Disaster posted:

How are you gonna protect Mitsuhide from that fivehead though.
by you shutting the fukc up before i do it for you

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Anime Awards nominees are up!

http://www.theanimeawards.com/#nominees

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

I've decided to watch uh, whatever is going on here

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

It's not Ippo but I'll take it, I need more boxing anime in my life

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/thisishannako/status/953695705771773958

Important info if you're into that Sanrio show

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The first part of the sci-fi Godzilla anime is out on Netflix. Unfortunately the CGI and non-Godzilla monsters are pretty ugly. The only redeeming part is when the real Godzilla shows up at the very end.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I'd like a serving please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I don't think I'm on board with the milk portion of that.

• Locked thread