Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Blank Construct posted:

i think it's actually ~30hp before it breaks since the reg splattershot busts it fast and they also nerfed it so anything that does over 100 (like bombs and sniper shots) will deal the left over damage to you

You're right oops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Check out this sick new emote :woomy:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
:woomy:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Info about clam blitz:

What’s it all about?
In Clam Blitz, you’ll find clams scattered all over the stage. Collect them, then head to your opponents’ base and fire them into the enemy basket. First team to score 100 points wins!
Sounds kinda easy…
Yeah, maybe. If the enemy basket wasn’t protected by an almighty clam-repelling barrier of doom! Ahem… To break through this mysterious barrier, you’ll first need to create a Power Clam by rounding up 10 standard clams.
So I’ve got a Power Clam. Now what?
Now BOOYAH! Take aim and smash that sucker right through and fire all your clams into the basket. Breaking through the barrier will net you 20 points, while each clam you toss in after that is worth 3 points.
Will that barrier stay down for the whole match?
Not likely! As soon as you break through, it’ll start to repair itself. By chucking clams in, you can extend the timer a little, but once it hits zero, the pesky thing will be back to dam your clams.
Moral of the story? As soon as you break through, toss in as many clams as you can possibly muster. It’s a shellfish siege!
What if the enemy breaks through my team’s barrier?
Fight back with all your might and prepare to counter-attack – once your barrier’s back up, a Power Clam will appear at your basket, so you can go up the other end and give ‘em what for.
Anything else I need to know?
· If you get splatted, you’ll drop all the clams you were carrying
· If a teammate gets splatted, pick their clams up before the enemy does
· You can pass clams to a teammate with the A Button or L Button if you think it’ll help
· If the time runs out before a team reaches 0, the team with the highest score wins

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Walleye Warehouse is back from Splatoon 1 with tweaks. Fantastic map

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
what are the tweaks

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think they added one box

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Clam Blitz absolutely did not click for me my first couple attempts lol. It's cool they're willing to try weird complicated stuff like that though

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

In Training posted:

Walleye Warehouse is back from Splatoon 1 with tweaks. Fantastic map

this is prob one of the best turf war maps

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Watching my sister play the splatfest and she solo killed a charger guy by just throwing a sprinkler on top of him

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

We should get an Imp Zone Team Sock squad going tomorrow if 4 people are around to play.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Looks like you folks are playing right now. I'm in-game if a spot opens up

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Squishing people with baller is funny. I didn't know it even could kill that way until today.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Socks lost...gently caress everything

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

In Training posted:

Socks lost...gently caress everything
Was the original question which one do you LEAST like to get? Because if so you deserve it. New socks rule.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Nope. it's which one you'd rather get. Goons overwhelmingly chose socks. We got welped.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
drat hosed up. Stay strong sock warriors.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i forgot about the spaltfest

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

id be happy to get new socks personally, my old ones are getting worn out

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
these are those lovely christmas socks that are puke green and have lovely wool with tinsel on them tho

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

dragon enthusiast posted:

these are those lovely christmas socks that are puke green and have lovely wool with tinsel on them tho

i dont think ive ever seen a pair

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i managed to crawl my way out of B rank clam blitz and A is way more fun. now i see some pretty devious strats like brush users with Run Speed + x 10 grabbing a football and then just kamikaze dashing into throw range

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They're adding a brella tonight that can shoot while the shield is up. Who wants to play some league later

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

HMU if anyone wants to play some Snow Day Salmon Run -- it just started this morning so it's going all day. They're doing the thing with the rare OP GrizzCo weapon variants again

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I want to play 4 man Clam Blitz league so bad ..... please don't make me go to the Games thread

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

I'd love to play splatoon with you instead of being at work,

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Gaffle posted:

I'd love to play splatoon with you instead of being at work,

classic gamer move: playing clam blitz on company wifi in the handicapped stall

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I would if I was home

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I'm very hesitant to post this, but I just now discovered that in Tower Control you control the tower by riding on top of it, and not by painting the sides of it . Yikes lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

I'm very hesitant to post this, but I just now discovered that in Tower Control you control the tower by riding on top of it, and not by painting the sides of it . Yikes lol

Nice. There's practice mode maps for every game type whenever they're in rotation if you need to hop in and check something

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

2 of you should play league with me and IT today please

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I get off work at 4 CST.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Nice I'm free all evening.... Hormel might be down too, I heard? So that would be 4. Our clan tag is [SWAG] (Squids Worshipping an Awesome God) and the clan Bible verse of the day is Matthew 16:12.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

How about the 9PM EST league Block. I haven't played on the new map yet and it's in rotation then for Splat Zones, which is an easier ranked mode to learn a map on.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I'm in. New map is cool

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I was planning on doing some other stuff tonight but if we can get 4 I'll hop on.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Cobalt Viper posted:

I was planning on doing some other stuff tonight but if we can get 4 I'll hop on.

Yeah Hormel is down . We can coordinate on discord

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Good games everybody. No medal but after getting over some internet issues we pulled out some solid W's

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

next japanese splatfest is announced:

Champion vs. Challenger, next weekend. Since they havent announced a US/EU one I bet theres gonna be a valentines weekend one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

In Training posted:

next japanese splatfest is announced:

Champion vs. Challenger, next weekend. Since they havent announced a US/EU one I bet theres gonna be a valentines weekend one?

What does that even mean

• Locked thread