Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

good day for a bris posted:

I think we're still trying to figure out if any of this is actually happening or (spoilering a little bit of conjecture just because it gives away a little bit of the comics opening twist) him bleeding out on his bathroom floor, or having a PTSD episode, or the anti-life equation. My money is Barda representing his escape from whichever, possibly because the knowledge that his impending fatherhood is giving him a reason to try and make it out.
Not doing a lot to disprove my point here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Spidey #4

:3:

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Uh MY Spider-Man would not give away his mask without freaking out for at least 2 pages minimum about revealing his secret identity and FUTHERMORE

Seriously this is real adorable

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I'm kinda surprised that marvel didn't either keep spidey going until or restart it for a few issues when homecoming came out

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Darth Nat posted:

Gwenpool #24:

I need to find a Gwenpool omnubus. Some way to read all of the comics.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Probably should wait until it ends.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

IronSaber posted:

I need to find a Gwenpool omnubus. Some way to read all of the comics.

Here you go.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Today's Superman #39
Soups takes a bunch of sick kids up to the JL watchtower for a visit. They're currently doing a scavenger hunt.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
...so what did the kid say?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Breetai posted:

"They got Jared Leto to play Joker"

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

So I'm new to this whole Comixology dealiedoo. How does it work?

...is this a good thread to ask about this?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Teenage Fansub posted:

Today's Superman #39
Soups takes a bunch of sick kids up to the JL watchtower for a visit. They're currently doing a scavenger hunt.

So did the issue end with Batman using whatever space magic device they surely have to cure their cancer

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm really disappointed that Batman's space helmet doesn't have ears.

Calaveron posted:

So did the issue end with Batman using whatever space magic device they surely have to cure their cancer
No, there is no hope for them, but the Gleemonex he gave their parents has made them much happier.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

IronSaber posted:

You download the app, pay money for comics then read them through the app on either your computer or tablet. If you want a physical copy it's not what your looking for.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Breetai posted:

Ironically, the same thing Nick Fury told Thor.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

"Batman and Robin is the best Batman movie."

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Cabbit posted:

Ironically, the same thing Nick Fury told Thor.

Did we yet find out what that was?

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

"Your girlfriend would rather have cancer."

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

ManiacClown posted:

“Gorr was right.”

In that mankind no longer needed Gods.

If I recall correctly, he had already been grappling with concept of how his and his fellow gods’ actions were affecting those who relied on them due to his confrontation with Gorr and the revelations prior to and during Original Sin. Nick Fury confirming that just clinched his feelings of being unworthy and the hammer seemed to agree.

good day for a bris fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jan 18, 2018

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

IronSaber posted:

No, either go to the digital comics thread or the Q&A thread.

Horrible Taste
Oct 12, 2012

ManiacClown posted:

That a mass-murdering serial killer who wanted to genocide the gods was right. It's stupid.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Horrible Taste posted:

That a mass-murdering serial killer who wanted to genocide the gods was right. It's stupid.

Fuckity ding dong. That is stupid.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Gorr was right. Otherwise he wouldn't rock a sword so badass it somehow transcends how dumb it should be.

(I just finished Thor: God of Thunder in my Thor read through)

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Teenage Fansub posted:

Today's Superman #39

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Breetai posted:

"Frank Castle wants a divorce."

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Breetai posted:

...But doctor, I am Pagliacci

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

"The brick from the first joke."

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

ManiacClown posted:

Fuckity ding dong. That is stupid.

I liked it and it tied in well to what God of Thunder was about.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

poly and open-minded posted:

I liked it and it tied in well to what God of Thunder was about.

It actually fits pretty well with everything Aaron has been doing with comics that have Thor in the title, to the point I think he's got a Hickman-esque chart hidden somewhere about Asgard.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I can't wait till he gets back around to Galactus the God butcher cuz that first fight was cool as gently caress

E:i just remembered he actually did in 700 I'm dumb dumb

Ego the necroworld vs old thor tho... That would be fun to see

site fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Jan 18, 2018

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Push El Burrito posted:

Gorr was right. Otherwise he wouldn't rock a sword so badass it somehow transcends how dumb it should be.

(I just finished Thor: God of Thunder in my Thor read through)

Do you mean ALL-BLACK THE NECROSWORD, THE SLICER OF WORLDS, THE ANNIHILABLADE?

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Bullet Points #5

In this world, Peter Parker grew up without Uncle Ben in his life, which resulted in him becoming more troubled and rebellious as a teenager. On a joyride gone wrong, he was accidentally bombarded with gamma rays from a nearby nuclear test and became the Hulk. His first rampage was triggered by a couple of bullies, and Aunt May fainted after seeing him in his monstrous state. After coming to his senses, he went to say his goodbyes to Aunt May before he left to keep her safe, but was confronted by Steve Rogers a.k.a Iron Man on behalf of the US military. This set off a second rampage that ended with Peter accidentally killing Steve after he rescued a school bus full of kids, breaking down in regret, and finally isolating himself from society at large.

After all of the above, most people would likely breathe a sigh of relief if the Hulk turned up dead. This doesn't stop Peter from coming back to take on Galactus and the Silver Surfer when they invade Earth years later.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Is Bullet Points a What-If type deal or another universe? Because that's a great story.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Infinitum posted:

Is Bullet Points a What-If type deal or another universe? Because that's a great story.

What If and "another universe" are synonymous. But yeah, it's just a long What If, basically.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
You've sold me on that Hulk story. I'm a sucker for What If types. That wouldn't be out of place in the badass thread, by the way.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Yeah, Bullet Points is essentially a What If world where different characters end up with different hero identities. Steve Rogers is Iron Man, Peter Parker is Hulk, Bruce Banner is Spider-Man and Reed Richards is Nick Fury. Then there's something in there about Stephen Strange being Wolverine, but that's immediately forgotten about and JMS figures he has enough story going on that he can stop creating new hero twists.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Isn't Frank Castle a big name, too, or am I thinking of Spider-Gwen?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Gavok posted:

Yeah, Bullet Points is essentially a What If world where different characters end up with different hero identities. Steve Rogers is Iron Man, Peter Parker is Hulk, Bruce Banner is Spider-Man and Reed Richards is Nick Fury. Then there's something in there about Stephen Strange being Wolverine, but that's immediately forgotten about and JMS figures he has enough story going on that he can stop creating new hero twists.

Stark ends up as Iron Man in the end (he volunteered/was recruited by Richards).

On the whole, I liked the *idea* but felt it was poorly executed. My distaste for the artwork kept getting in the way, so that may account for my feelings. I'm not saying the art was bad, just not to my taste.

Horrible Taste
Oct 12, 2012

Skwirl posted:

It actually fits pretty well with everything Aaron has been doing with comics that have Thor in the title, to the point I think he's got a Hickman-esque chart hidden somewhere about Asgard.

Too bad Aaron's chart just reads "Gods are dumb" in really big letters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Horrible Taste posted:

Too bad Aaron's chart just reads "Gods are dumb" in really big letters.

Is that before or after he wrote a series of drunken love letters to Thor?