Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
That's one of my favourite things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
My boyfriend's latest nickname for my cat is, "Jazzy Alpha Feline."

I had to share that with someone who might actually find it funny and not merely inexplicable.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Diaz page posting

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/SMuehlhausenMMA/status/951900273697533952

Feel bad for Rory

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jan 12, 2018

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.

LobsterMobster posted:

Part of that exchange: https://streamable.com/xkax8

Bonus: incredulous Big John: https://streamable.com/hc7cm

Can't wait to never listen to Joe Rogan stir up drama publicly mid broadcast again

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Invicta is on tonight. :effort:

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.

Wise Learned Man posted:

Invicta is on tonight. :effort:

The girl Sarah Kaufman is fighting sure has an interesting nickname.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Pannie-Kianzad-99523

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

El Roncho posted:

The girl Sarah Kaufman is fighting sure has an interesting nickname.

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Pannie-Kianzad-99523

well I'm watching just to hear the ring announcer say that out loud.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Also Kianzad can never seem to make weight for Bantamweight fights.

Green was a fitting colour for that first fighter who lost's gear.

Le Saboteur fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Jan 14, 2018

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Loma's clinch knees are loving scary

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Kaufman is beating this chick up

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

In this can't possibly end well news it appears Miguel Torres is unretiring because he's broke and needs a payday

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2753625-retired-and-struggling-former-mma-champ-miguel-angel-torres-plans-to-fight-again?share=other

mewse
May 2, 2006

Fentry posted:

In this can't possibly end well news it appears Miguel Torres is unretiring because he's broke and needs a payday

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2753625-retired-and-struggling-former-mma-champ-miguel-angel-torres-plans-to-fight-again?share=other

He’s got that look in his eyes

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

I thought Torres was going to be champ for a looooong time. Bummer how it turned out. I had also totally forgotten about the rape van fiasco.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
miguel torres fights best with his back against the wall, everyone knows that

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.

Fentry posted:

I still remember sitting a group of my friends down to watch WEC. Telling them all how awesome Miguel Torres is no matter where the fight goes.

He then gets knocked out by Brian Bowles's one punch that he even throws making me look like an idiot. Since then he's just been depressing and this is just the melancholy whipped cream atop the depression Sunday. I see him going out like Hague but in a cage.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
It was really cool when Benavidez split his skull open.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

El Roncho posted:

I still remember sitting a group of my friends down to watch WEC. Telling them all how awesome Miguel Torres is no matter where the fight goes.

He then gets knocked out by Brian Bowles's one punch that he even throws making me look like an idiot. Since then he's just been depressing and this is just the melancholy whipped cream atop the depression Sunday. I see him going out like Hague but in a cage.

Same thing happened to me with Cro Cop and Gabe Gonzaga. Yeesh.

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

Not sure if it should be in here or the Grapplin' thread, but Eddie Bravo posted all of the Combat Jiu-Jitsu Worlds 1 on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEMw68WLXy4

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Same thing happened to me with Cro Cop and Gabe Gonzaga. Yeesh.

Mine was Maia/Marquardt

e: That was the Coleman/Couture card too, goddamn that night was terrible

double e: No it wasn't that was another night I hyped up somebody that got beat terribly

Dave Grool fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jan 19, 2018

mewse
May 2, 2006

I watched "hunting hitler" last night and I wish I hadn't.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Dave Grool posted:

Mine was Maia/Marquardt

double e: No it wasn't that was another night I hyped up somebody that got beat terribly

I was there and it was a hell of a thing. Chris Tuscherer puking after getting kicked in the balls and continuing was astonishing. UFC 102 for those wondering.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

mewse posted:

I watched "hunting hitler" last night and I wish I hadn't.

why, did they get him?

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I just got a friend really into MMA in the last few months or so and he loving loves it, and he was really excited to see Joanna fight live for the first time against Rose after I was hyping her to heaven and back. I distinctly remember saying I thought it'd be her easiest fight in years, and... yeah.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Dave Grool posted:

Mine was Maia/Marquardt

Gunnar Nelson getting decisioned by Rick Story's wrestling and looking like tepid rear end was the live night that my hype had to eat crow, personally.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

LFA on AXS, just now. Matthew Frincu vs Roman Alcantar. Frincu kicked the absolute hell out of Alcantar's balls in the middle of the second round. While down and looking about to vomit, the ref kept telling him that if he pukes the fight's over. Kept asking if he wanted the doctor, instead of just getting the doctor. Alcantar eventually got up and decided to continue the fight, while still holding his crotch from time to time. Frincu kept smacking him around, knocking him down, knocking him against the cage. Alcantar went down of his own accord, screaming. Pat Miletich on commentary figures he tore an ACL. Frincu continues to look smug in all of this. gently caress Frincu.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
If he pukes as the result of a foul, isn't that an NC? Should have blown chunks.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Memento posted:

If he pukes as the result of a foul, isn't that an NC? Should have blown chunks.

Correct. At worst it goes to Technical Decision.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Triticum Guzzler posted:

why, did they get him?

They did a dive in some lake and found the remains of a truck and some nazi medals, so they literally discovered nazi garbage but all the voiceovers and talking heads are like "WOW. WE FOUND THE NAZIS. HITLER COULD HAVE COME THIS WAY."

and then they came up with this theory that the nazis were building a nuclear weapon (I think they were more concerned with fleeing at the end of the war) so they were trying to get underneath a power plant to look at the heavy water storage tanks. Imagine Tim Kennedy going "WE GOTTA FIND THE HEAVY WATER" directly into the camera. He climbed into a hole in the ground and I was disappointed he didn't get stuck. They didn't find the heavy water. Or hitler.

Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005
privacy publicly displayed
Does Bellator have any kind of on demand service? Is it on any apps like Rizin is? It isn't being shown at all in the UK and I'm hoping there's an above board way to see it somehow.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
It's the only way to fight
In guard

Horse Inspector posted:

Does Bellator have any kind of on demand service? Is it on any apps like Rizin is? It isn't being shown at all in the UK and I'm hoping there's an above board way to see it somehow.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/1/16/16896472/scott-coker-network-made-call-on-jimmy-smith-rampage-vs-sonnen-main-event-at-bellator-192

Basically, no, find an American stream

Bellator has been on 12-24 hour tape delay for the UK for a long time now. People have been complaining but Viacom doesn't give a crap. Hell, they tape delay the cards for the west coast of the USA by 3 hours and then say they're broadcasting live. They tape delay European cards by 5 hours here and don't even make it possible to watch them live in their local market, like Italy. The kickboxing portion of dual-cards gets tape delayed for 1-2 whole weeks so that they can fill a free programming block down the line. Coker has made it clear that he doesn't agree with the way things are run there, but it's pretty obvious from this interview he has no real influence on network related matters, and probably not much power over running the organization itself.

Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005
privacy publicly displayed
Appreciate the info. You'd think if they want to grow the market they'd let people see it! Oh well.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

bellator is off to a great start, spinning back kick right to the dang ol liver

https://streamable.com/ctlgh

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Aye Doc posted:

bellator is off to a great start, spinning back kick right to the dang ol liver

https://streamable.com/ctlgh

drat. that's cool.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Khonry Gracie (Royce Gracie's oldest son, age 20) lost a decision in his Bellator pro debut and it wasn't very close. I'm sure he's probably a jiu-jitsu wizard, but his hands were terrible and he never got a takedown. His opponent actually took him down 3 times near the end of each round.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Rigel posted:

Khonry Gracie (Royce Gracie's oldest son, age 20) lost a decision in his Bellator pro debut and it wasn't very close. I'm sure he's probably a jiu-jitsu wizard, but his hands were terrible and he never got a takedown. His opponent actually took him down 3 times near the end of each round.

He pulled half guard in the first and was unable to finish a triangle.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Big John isn't bad at commentary

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Chandler should smash Goiti but it's got potential to be really good until that point

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Chandler should smash Goiti but it's got potential to be really good until that point

I love both men too much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
the top half of this bellator card is actually pretty good, except for the japanese gameshow style main event which should have been a tug of war or some poo poo