Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

godlike

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

lmao

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

i changed my mind, Nintendo Labo is bad

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
nintendo ftw

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

This

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

yeah actually they will posted:

other mario kart 8 deluxe players: Hello! Hello! Go easy on me! Hello!
me, with nintendo switch strapped to my back in a cardboard backpack that is attached to a set of cardboard gloves with embedded joycons via an intricate pulley system: I'm using tilt controls!

Lmfao

Soral
May 30, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The only thing I'm concerned with is convincing wormskull to stream his unboxing/building of the new Nintendo Labo

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The only thing I'm concerned with is convincing wormskull to stream his unboxing/building of the new Nintendo Labo

Lol i'm clearing my calendar

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I think labo looks cool as h*ck mostly because it's gonna be the first system with a fishing rod since the Dreamcast. Companies will be able to make really cool and formerly-risky accessories for cheap (since it will be just a shell) instead of worthless poo poo like the Wii steering wheel.

I probably won't buy this because my kids are still too young but I think some pretty cool stuff will come of it as a result

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

he needs to find a way to run the switch in vr

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

Lmao holy poo poo. What the hell this loving owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3Bd3HUMkyU

Lol they've lost their drat minds. I want the fishing one but you can't buy them separately it seems

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

my sd2snes arrived today :D

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I think labo looks cool as h*ck mostly because it's gonna be the first system with a fishing rod since the Dreamcast. Companies will be able to make really cool and formerly-risky accessories for cheap (since it will be just a shell) instead of worthless poo poo like the Wii steering wheel.

I probably won't buy this because my kids are still too young but I think some pretty cool stuff will come of it as a result
Honestly this is what I hate the most about it. The Wii was awful because every single company game out with some stupid loving gimmick and plastic shell for their game. I don't want that.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

where can I preorder

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

where can I preorder

https://www.amazon.com/Switch-Title-29/dp/B01N4N8NAL/

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Still lolling that people begged ninty for a while to enter VR and their final answer was to dress yourself up in a cardboard ghostbusters costume and just close your eyes

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

In Training posted:

Still lolling that people begged ninty for a while to enter VR and their final answer was to dress yourself up in a cardboard ghostbusters costume and just close your eyes

We are living in the best of all possible worlds

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
currently building cardboard robot costumes for my amiibos out of the amiibo cereal boxes

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

In Training posted:

etherealshaq
Mar 6, 2010

COME DOWN AND EAT CHICKEN WITH ME, BEAUTIFUL. IT'S SOOOOOOOOOO DARK

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

lmao

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

yeah actually they will posted:

other mario kart 8 deluxe players: Hello! Hello! Go easy on me! Hello!
me, with nintendo switch strapped to my back in a cardboard backpack that is attached to a set of cardboard gloves with embedded joycons via an intricate pulley system: I'm using tilt controls!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i woulda gone nuts for labo as a kid

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

absolutely anything posted:

i woulda gone nuts for labo as a kid

Same here. I spent a lot of time on crappy arts and crafts kits, so being able to do that and then use it to make mario jump would have blown my mind

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
Nintendo is so loving good. Now that they sold 20m switch in the first year they can be insane and release DIY cardboard products that tie into games. God bless Nintendo.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Cobalt Viper posted:

Honestly this is what I hate the most about it. The Wii was awful because every single company game out with some stupid loving gimmick and plastic shell for their game. I don't want that.

That's what I said, I hated those stupid Wii plastic shell things. But this is different because the plastic shell can actually do stuff other than just holding a Wii remote. There was no plastic shell that could be a goddamn fishing reel. For dirt cheap Sega Bass Fishing can come with a reel instead of a $50 controller accessory no one will buy.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

That's what I said, I hated those stupid Wii plastic shell things. But this is different because the plastic shell can actually do stuff other than just holding a Wii remote. There was no plastic shell that could be a goddamn fishing reel. For dirt cheap Sega Bass Fishing can come with a reel instead of a $50 controller accessory no one will buy.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

do u think Nintendo would make it so they're the only ones making this stuff and not let third parties do it?

honestly they'll probably let everyone go hog wild

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

This is kinda gimmicky but I see how it would be fun for kids who can build and decorate a thing then use it in a game or whatever. I probably would have enjoyed something like this when I was little and it’s affordable for what it is.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

my morning jackass posted:

This is kinda gimmicky but I see how it would be fun for kids who can build and decorate a thing then use it in a game or whatever. I probably would have enjoyed something like this when I was little and it’s affordable for what it is.
Is it though?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i think the best thing about it is its clearly advertised as a toy for children to enjoy and theres going to be 40 year old men complaining that it costs way too much and they think its stupid anyway

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

trying to jack off posted:

i think the best thing about it is its clearly advertised as a toy for children to enjoy and theres going to be 40 year old men complaining that it costs way too much and they think its stupid anyway

love to see gamer feefees destroyed

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Yeah but again, that thing was literal worthless plastic. You could do the same thing with just the Wii remotes.

I guess a better example would be a steering wheel and gas pedal setup. A company like Logitech or whoever can make one for $40 instead of $200 since it's using the joycon tech to make it work.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Yeah but again, that thing was literal worthless plastic. You could do the same thing with just the Wii remotes.

I guess a better example would be a steering wheel and gas pedal setup. A company like Logitech or whoever can make one for $40 instead of $200 since it's using the joycon tech to make it work.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

The starting $70 kit is 2 of those vibrating car things, the fishing rod, piano, house, motorbike, and comes with the game. There's extra parts too.

It's not cheap but it's also not outrageous. I wonder how deep the software is.

It would be cooler if you could buy them separately, but this is also just the first batch. There's probably more coming that's not gonna be $69.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Nintendo is the last good thing in this world.