Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I've been happy with Modiphius' delivery of Conan. I don't know if everything has been exactly on time, but it's not been egregiously late, and the quality is as-promised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Leperflesh posted:

I've been happy with Modiphius' delivery of Conan. I don't know if everything has been exactly on time, but it's not been egregiously late, and the quality is as-promised.

I found the quality to be a bit mixed on the minis, to be honest.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I found the quality to be a bit mixed on the minis, to be honest.

Modiphius makes the Conan pen-and-paper roleplaying game; you are likely thinking of the Conan board game (which I'm also happy with) made by Monolith.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Right you are! And it's not bad, there's just weaker sculpt qualities mixed in there.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Leperflesh posted:

Stuff has been late, but it's been normal RPG kickstarter late of a couple of months, not aeons where it becomes a problem.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I wonder if we have enough goons who own the game to get a PBP going in TG. I've been contemplating how to do it for a while.

Enentol
Jul 16, 2005
Middle Class Gangster
A neat campaign for pre-painted heavy card sci-fi terrain just started:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tinkerhousegames/tinkerturf-full-color-wargaming-terrain

Seems great for Infinity, Necromunda, etc. and the price point is great.

Edit: Whoops. Looks like it's 2mm card and not 2mm MDF.

Enentol fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jan 12, 2018

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.

Leperflesh posted:

I wonder if we have enough goons who own the game to get a PBP going in TG. I've been contemplating how to do it for a while.

If nothing else, it's pretty easy to get going with the random chargen.

http://conan.modiphiusapps.hostinguk.org/

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

unseenlibrarian posted:

If nothing else, it's pretty easy to get going with the random chargen.

http://conan.modiphiusapps.hostinguk.org/

For sure, but if I'm gonna try and run the forums' first conan game, I'd prefer to have players familiar with the rules, so I'm not trying to teach a rule set I'm still learning myself. Kinda thing.

I really don't need another project, but it's clear I'm not gonna get a local group together, so PbP may be my only option.

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

Leperflesh posted:

For sure, but if I'm gonna try and run the forums' first conan game, I'd prefer to have players familiar with the rules, so I'm not trying to teach a rule set I'm still learning myself. Kinda thing.

I really don't need another project, but it's clear I'm not gonna get a local group together, so PbP may be my only option.

I'd be down, I backed out and have the physical books.

ThreeStep
Nov 5, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

I have the books and could use a reason to finish reading them so I might be game.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Cool, cool. Lemme put some thought into it and I'll post something here and in the recruitment thread if I decide to move forward.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

dwarf74 posted:

Maybe. I think Fate Core was the very first ever-ballooning RPG project.

Did they ever deliver everything? I swear we're still waiting on like, one or two books. Same with Dungeon World, actually.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

I think it's just Shadow of the Century that's left. The last thing we got was Dresden Files Accelerated, last year.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Leperflesh posted:

Cool, cool. Lemme put some thought into it and I'll post something here and in the recruitment thread if I decide to move forward.

I'd be down too, fyi.

eskimaux
Jun 28, 2007
I've been looking at late pledges for both:

Human Interface: Nakatomi Plaza

and

Core Space

They both have gorgeous cyberpunk aesthetics and cool looking minis, but I'm not the best at judging gameplay. Does anyone have any insight into these games? Am I being suckered in by beautiful miniatures? (Has happened before)

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

eskimaux posted:

I've been looking at late pledges for both:

Human Interface: Nakatomi Plaza

and

Core Space

They both have gorgeous cyberpunk aesthetics and cool looking minis, but I'm not the best at judging gameplay. Does anyone have any insight into these games? Am I being suckered in by beautiful miniatures? (Has happened before)

I think you mean Human Interface: Be a Better Human. I'm on that one right now, and their pledge manager coming out slowly has kinda made a few people on the KS mad cause they're not exactly the best with communication.

HINT:BBH is more co-op, while Nakatomi Plaza was supposed to be more PVP from what I was told, but I don't know more past that.

I passed on Core Space cause while the minis were cool, you were mostly paying for cardboard landscapes more than anything.

I would direct you towards Lords of Hellas, which will have late-pledging reopen again soon when they finish shipping the first wave. It's Cyberpunk but with mythology. That was really up my alley, feel like it may be close to yours.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
May have missed the discussion on this - but what does everyone think about Western Legends? I see it being billed as “cardboard Red Dead Redemption” but I’m pretty trigger shy of being burned on Kickstarters after it happening a few times.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.

Pandanaut posted:

May have missed the discussion on this - but what does everyone think about Western Legends? I see it being billed as “cardboard Red Dead Redemption” but I’m pretty trigger shy of being burned on Kickstarters after it happening a few times.

I'm in on it, partly because I have a lot of faith in Travis to find good games with his new publishing banner, and partly because I've never seen a game which seems quite as open-ended sandbox-y as that one.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Super cool that I got a Gloomhaven shipping notice on November 14th and it still hasn't arrived. Super, super cool.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.

Agronox posted:

Super cool that I got a Gloomhaven shipping notice on November 14th and it still hasn't arrived. Super, super cool.

Hey, my copy was also sent in November, then DHL claimed I refused to receive it and it was sent back to Germany. After I found out (it took some time since no one bothered to notify me). Then I shot a few mails to Price at cephalofair who has been super helpful and vigilant and it was resent, after which it only took four additional attempts for DHL to successfully deliver it!

What I'm trying to say is go ask Cephalofair what's up, the support is excellent and will prod whoever necessary to ask what's up.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Lichtenstein posted:

What I'm trying to say is go ask Cephalofair what's up, the support is excellent and will prod whoever necessary to ask what's up.

Thanks. I did, actually--they said there was some kind of screw up at Funagain and they're working on it.

I guess I just wanted to bitch about it. I was hoping to play over the holidays. :(

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Agronox posted:

Thanks. I did, actually--they said there was some kind of screw up at Funagain and they're working on it.

I guess I just wanted to bitch about it. I was hoping to play over the holidays. :(

This happened to me too. It took me a few days to hear from Funagain but they got a replacement shipped out to me ASAP.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

kinkouin posted:

I think you mean Human Interface: Be a Better Human. I'm on that one right now, and their pledge manager coming out slowly has kinda made a few people on the KS mad cause they're not exactly the best with communication.

HINT:BBH is more co-op, while Nakatomi Plaza was supposed to be more PVP from what I was told, but I don't know more past that.

I passed on Core Space cause while the minis were cool, you were mostly paying for cardboard landscapes more than anything.

I would direct you towards Lords of Hellas, which will have late-pledging reopen again soon when they finish shipping the first wave. It's Cyberpunk but with mythology. That was really up my alley, feel like it may be close to yours.

I'd go with HI, if only because the bad guys in Core Space look terrible.

I backed both the previous HI project and the new one, and when I missed out on the second gen rules for HI:NP, I emailed them and they sent over the upgrade pack for free. The minis are gorgeous, but until I've got them based and pinned, I won't game with them...

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
I guess this is the place to ask about a released kickstarter game?

Has anyone played City of Mist enough to offer a review? I heard it was out now.

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

Empires of the void 2 just arrived. I'm not sure there was a single Kickstarter update since the campaign finished outside of a link to give my address so it was unexpected. This also means I don't really remember what the hook was that got me to back

It does have a design booklet though with some discussion around mechanics and theme and so on which is very nice

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

The new CMON kickstarter is up. The minis look like 40 or 50 poses of the same Khorne dude.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Who writes their scripts? 14 year olds?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

HATE is very much in the vein of old GW small teams minis campaign game like Mordheim, but with a way shittier arena and an incredibly puerile "tits and blood" setting.

Really funny that it's a Kickstarter Exclusive because retailers would be too ashamed to display this dumb stuff on their shelves. "At the end of each battle, you may use your Chiurgeon to heal your warrior's scars, and the bigger your Oven and Torture Pit are, the more enemies you can cook or torture!" --an actual line from this loving Kickstarter, jesus

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jan 17, 2018

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

The Moon Monster posted:

The new CMON kickstarter is up. The minis look like 40 or 50 poses of the same Khorne dude.

I'm bleeding from all the edge.

Seriously, I can't imagine having to actually paint those models. There's a point on a model where it becomes too much detail and this is well past that point.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

HATE is very much in the vein of old GW small teams minis campaign game like Mordheim, but with a way shittier arena and an incredibly puerile "tits and blood" setting.

What's weird is that there's almost no tits. There's only one mini with exposed boobs. You'd think if they were willing to cross that bridge they'd go further.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Guy Goodbody posted:

What's weird is that there's almost no tits. There's only one mini with exposed boobs. You'd think if they were willing to cross that bridge they'd go further.

Yeah but I'm sure they'll include more in the stretch goals.

The thing is, those models are so over-detailed they're going to read as "blob" from more than a foot away. And their art direction is, honestly, incredibly weak. This is a bad Kickstarter and the fact that it's made so much so fast is damning.

Of course the KS comments are positively turgid over the idea of these big huge cannibals eating (or worse) helpless women captives, christ. Predictably, idiots are defending it because "the source material has that too" as though CMON was forced to base their game on some trashy comic.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

djfooboo posted:

Who writes their scripts? 14 year olds?

Games Workshop set the bar and people have been trying to limbocrawl under it ever since.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
lol that game looks like trash.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hate to keep being negative about the project, but jesus christ the tribes look exactly the same

If you dropped all the minis on the ground, how would you tell which is from which tribe without looking at the manual?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Guy Goodbody posted:

I hate to keep being negative about the project, but jesus christ the tribes look exactly the same

If you dropped all the minis on the ground, how would you tell which is from which tribe without looking at the manual?

:mediocre:

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

It should be easy to tell them apart once you take the description of each tribe into account.

Tribe of ___ - Blood-frenzied maniacs, their recklessness is their greatest strength, though it can often be their weakness.
Tribe of ___ - Hive minded, they move as one, to strike like a horde.
Tribe of ___ - Jacks of all trades, they are relentless and always prepared for changes in the tide of battle.
Tribe of ___ - Fearless berserkers, they leave a trail of blood where they go, even if some of it is their own.

...or were those all descriptions of the same tribe? I forget.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I feel like they were aiming for a GWAR meets Khorne minis game, but then they made it serious.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

GWAR at least had flavor. The Hate Tribes of Ug'Whatever seem most likely to kill you with boredom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I liked the look of the minis for some other post- apocalypse game but loving what the gently caress they want $120 and the whole game is kickstarter exclusive?

Haha, ok yeah no.