Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the room with two armor lords, 6 bone muskets, and 2 blade soldiers in the colesseum is ridiculous with low health

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

sector_corrector posted:

the room with two armor lords, 6 bone muskets, and 2 blade soldiers in the colesseum is ridiculous with low health

I had to cheese that room with the sub-weapon that lets you shoot lightning bolts if you hold down square

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I've died like 10 times in a row on the stairs up to puppet sword in the royal chapel

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
luck mode is pretty rough. doppelganger is kicking my rear end

Pablo Gigante posted:

I was getting owned by Richter and I couldn't even hurt him so I spent a bunch of time exploring everywhere I could with all the movement abilities and I found entire new areas with bosses I'd never seen before, found a couple of rings that let me open up the floor in the clock room where I fought Maria who gave me glasses that let me see an orb that was controlling him :stare: This loving game

one of the most powerful spoils in games

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm gonna restart this and try luck mode since that seems like it'd be more fun and I've already beaten the game (albeit on an Xbox 360 like 8 years ago).

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Dunno which imps I'm more jealous of, these guys or the ones playing FF6 for the first time.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i highly recommend luck mode. it's cool to get drops to work with without grinding, and the first half of the game is decently challenging

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol I put my Vita down for a second and when I looked back I got really confused because everything is upside down.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
phew, werebeasts are down in 2 tries, but i juuuuust barely scraped it out w/ 7 hp, lol

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
this mode really exposes the virtues of Vinny's spam the basilard technique

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

They really ramp things up in the second castle, Jesus Christ

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

They really ramp things up in the second castle, Jesus Christ

the frst 10 or 15 rooms in the second castle is the coolest part of the game by far

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

my mind was blown when I got to the second castle. what a fantastic game

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hey, remember that awesome castle you just explored? How about we give it to you again, but it's upside down so you have to entirely rethink how to navigate it, and it's full of entirely new enemies and bosses

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Beelzebub took me a few tries until I figured out the trick Don't go for what looks like the easy route and attack his feet since that will spawn more flies, gravity jump up and attack his body right away

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

Hey, remember that awesome castle you just explored? How about we give it to you again, but it's upside down so you have to entirely rethink how to navigate it, and it's full of entirely new enemies and bosses

Its so badass lol. I love any game that makes you think you're fighting the final boss but then it suddenly reveals that you're only halfway done.

I will probably jump in on this, I've never done a luck run before and it sounds cool.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol, i'd forgotten you can watch strategy videos at the librarian to get hints on bosses... you've already beaten

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

my mind was blown when I got to the second castle. what a fantastic game
Imagine I searched for and quoted the in_training :staredog: from the Castlevania thread.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

Brainstorming future consoles right now. Thinking about game 6 being Sega CD and game 7 as Super NES. How does everyone feel about PC freeware/abandonware and arcade for future games?

are there enough good Sega CD games to even have a vote

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ee just wants to make everyone play sonic cd

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I don't want anyone to play the Sega CD version of Sonic CD lol

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

In Training posted:

are there enough good Sega CD games to even have a vote

Yes:

Snatcher

Night Trap would be cool. Doubt many actually played it

Popful Mail

Robo Aleste

Flash Back

heart of the alien (out of this world/ another world sequel)

Ecco for sega CD

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Sewer Shark

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sega CD has the best version of Mickey Mania which is a pretty deece game

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Pablo Gigante posted:

Sega CD has the best version of Mickey Mania which is a pretty deece game

Final Fight CD is cool too

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

yes!!!!

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Inwant to play Snatcher

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

now for richter

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Snatcher, Shining Force CD and versions of poo poo that are better elsewhere, that's pretty much all Sega CD has going for it

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the next game could be the saturn version of SOTN

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm gonna start this tonight btw. Still torn on doing Luck or Normal but it sounds like Luck makes things a bit more fun for the returning player, so I guess I'll do that

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

sector_corrector posted:

the next game could be the saturn version of SOTN

Done

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
are there actually any cool saturn exclusives? i've never played a saturn game in my life, so this is a big blank spot for me

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Deep Fear is cool. Enemy Zero is nearly unplayable but it's a rad concept and presentation

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

sector_corrector posted:

are there actually any cool saturn exclusives? i've never played a saturn game in my life, so this is a big blank spot for me

About a million

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

sector_corrector posted:

Nope, none at all *smiles through teeth as unseen figure holds a gun to my back*

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i killed Richter for a lark, and he's hard as poo poo. i had to use some items that are sort of cheap to beat him, but his sub weapon specials were too powerful for me.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

sector_corrector posted:

yes but most of them are very arcade-y, it's not like PSX where there are a thousand games for every genre

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
maria and alucard picturing two different richter sprites is so adorable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

saturn and dreamcast's whole thing was bringing the arcade home. i played powerstone at a friend's and it ruled

• Locked thread