Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Joe Biden, the little-known Senator from a tiny state with an identical political economy as the Cayman Islands, would be a very different campaigner than Joe Biden, recent beloved Vice President and critical component of the most popular outgoing administration in living memory for most voters.

From media coverage to staff recruitment to personal confidence to donor courtship I just don’t think he’s be the same candidate at all.

That said, as powercrazy mentioned, there were always loud rumors of Biden being handsy even when I was doing work related to the 2012 campaign. Plus I think the weaknesses in his record would doom him now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Plz excuse typos phone posting thx

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

He also spoke highly of Illinois Senator Barack Obama referring to him as "the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy."

:lol:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
joe biden will personally kill all the olds? i thought he was bad

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

GalacticAcid posted:

Joe Biden, the little-known Senator from a tiny state with an identical political economy as the Cayman Islands, would be a very different campaigner than Joe Biden, recent beloved Vice President and critical component of the most popular outgoing administration in living memory for most voters.

From media coverage to staff recruitment to personal confidence to donor courtship I just don’t think he’s be the same candidate at all.

That said, as powercrazy mentioned, there were always loud rumors of Biden being handsy even when I was doing work related to the 2012 campaign. Plus I think the weaknesses in his record would doom him now.

Living memory should hopefully at least reach back to 2000.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

logikv9 posted:

Keith Ellison as VP and we're golden then

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

logikv9 posted:

1 neat trick to solve dem voting problems, BOOMERS HATE HIM

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
roll tide? more like roll Bide(n)

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
The dude a-Bides

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
it’s pretty impressive how naked the democratic party is when it comes to giving no fucks about their constituents. all these wannabe #resist guerillas get a kick out of cribbing ‘distraction’ from babby’s first authoritarian handbook but the senate democrats are really pretty great at taking advantage of republican evil and trump buffoonery to advance loathesome rightward agendas

and gently caress all those ‘good’ democrats providing cover gor the indefensible

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/953839649386057729

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

these pieces of poo poo don’t deserve a single loving vote. burn this party to the ground.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

democrat healthcare

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
jogef robinette bigben

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

lmao

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

ShutteredIn posted:

these pieces of poo poo don’t deserve a single loving vote. burn this party to the ground.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

wow look at all these purity testers

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
nothing but respect for MY purity tester

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
just kidding he sucks poo poo

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

millennials will turn out for this. hell, i would.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Joe Biden is going to breakdown if he runs against Trump. He'll be dog whistling racist poo poo and saying poor people need to work harder by debate #2.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Article says this bill will likely get filibustered...by whom?

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

ShutteredIn posted:

if there's any truth to that leaked compromise draft they can kiss any bump in the hispanic vote goodbye. that text, as written, is poison.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

GalacticAcid posted:

IS THAT? CAN IT BE? THAT'S JOHN MCCAIN'S MUSIC

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Raskolnikov38 posted:

IS THAT? CAN IT BE? THAT'S JOHN MCCAIN'S MUSIC

GalacticAcid posted:

*to the tune of Barbara Ann by The Beach Boys*

gliob gliob gliob

gliob gliob glioblastoma

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

GalacticAcid posted:

Bernie Sanders.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Inshallah.

According to the article tho Durbin seems to think he’d have all 49 in the dem caucus on board?

Idk I’m going to bed now, but something seems weird or off to me. I might be too tired

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Willie Tomg posted:

if there's any truth to that leaked compromise draft they can kiss any bump in the hispanic vote goodbye. that text, as written, is poison.

what are they gonna do? stay home?

look, for every hispanic person in florida dems lose because they sold out their family to the trumpstapo they'll pick up two moderate republicans who appreciate the bipartisanship, and you can repeat that in nevada, arizona, and texas.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

the article assumes that the only republicans that will sign on to the agreement are those that helped write it. however durbin probably assumed or was assured that enough republicans would sign on when he issued the statment

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
ah okay, yeah that seemed stupid as gently caress

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I enjoy that dems don't even realize that the biggest part of making "Demographics are Destiny" actually work ever is actually giving those demographics a reason to vote for you.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
I like that the excuse for defending this deal is essentially "better things aren't possible."

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

joepinetree posted:

I like that the excuse for defending this deal is essentially "better things aren't possible."

they're all nihilists, i dont know why they even follow politics

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Oh Snapple! posted:

I enjoy that dems don't even realize that the biggest part of making "Demographics are Destiny" actually work ever is actually giving those demographics a reason to vote for you.

"vote for me or i'll let him shoot you. good, now get back to work you loving peon"

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

even the fan art has him as more emotive than would be possible in reality

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

joepinetree posted:

the whole thing is a good cop, bad cop routine and it's utterly transparent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Democrats hold brown people's votes hostage. HRC literally ran on that

• Locked thread