Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I’m not gonna do that. I’m fine. I’ll be into summadat grunt poo poo come spring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Vahakyla posted:

I’m not gonna do that. I’m fine. I’ll be into summadat grunt poo poo come spring.

loving LOL.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

I can't wait to see postings in 5 years about being crippled.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

There’s no loving way he’s getting a MEB for this.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
there are guys in my Platoon that have been MED boarded for legitimate reasons that are way less intense than what you went through.

loving yourself up for the Army is straight up loving stupid dude.

Maybe you can insulate yourself from the worst of it since medics aren’t around line platoons 100% of the time. gently caress yourself up too much and you won’t be doing ANY of that grunt poo poo

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Mustang posted:

gently caress yourself up too much and you won’t be doing ANY of that grunt poo poo

When you lose control of your bowels, you don't need to grunt.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Mustang posted:

there are guys in my Platoon that have been MED boarded for legitimate reasons that are way less intense than what you went through.

Maybe you can insulate yourself from the worst of it since medics aren’t around line platoons 100% of the time. gently caress yourself up too much and you won’t be doing ANY of that grunt poo poo

This poo poo. I wish I would have listened to this kind of advice. Now I get to spend every moment in pain, and need my wife to help me out of bed at 34.
gently caress your unit, gently caress that grunt poo poo. The pension I got wasn't worth being as hosed up as I am.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Vahakyla posted:

Quoting this for posterity for when a) this doesn't happen and b) you gently caress yourself up even more by trying anyway.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Mustang posted:

From the man who is doing grunt poo poo 24/7 too.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I started getting actual help when my NCOIC (on of the few that were good and not malicious as poo poo) when he said “you know the Army song? You know how it’s gonna go ‘rolling along?’ That name tag says Army. You gonna roll along with it. You’re a part that keeps it going. If you break, it’s gonna replace you and throw you away. If you want to get repaired, the Army will keep you.”

bulletsponge13 posted:

This poo poo. I wish I would have listened to this kind of advice. Now I get to spend every moment in pain, and need my wife to help me out of bed at 34.
gently caress your unit, gently caress that grunt poo poo. The pension I got wasn't worth being as hosed up as I am.

This. I have three boys whom I’ll never loving run or play with. Ever. I’ll try. God I’ll try. But my loving legs won’t let me. Even walking to the playground is a struggle.

I’m 32.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
one of my good friends was 82nd for like ever and now he needs a double hip replacement at like 32 lol

and his brain is complete swiss cheese from TBI after an IED put him in a coma for like 2 weeks

hell yeah grunt poo poo owns

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008
Halleck to Grant:

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I love the casual way the remark is just ”oh by the way the jews” put out.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Got a slip telling me not to Army at all until Feb 07n. Then I’ll return to light duty and it’ll be at a clinic here with 0730-1600 schedule and I’ll do PT on my own for the two months from that.

Luckily this went pretty much as I was hoping it to. I just gotta be careful to not get fat being at my house all day.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Vahakyla posted:

gently caress you

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
That's good news, dude. Do your best to relax and heal because this is about the only chance you'll get. Once you start getting into physical therapy do that poo poo. And be liberal as gently caress with your profile, because NCOs are lovely and will try to get you as technically close to breaking profile as possible. Don't let them do that poo poo.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I'll be real honest though and say that this hurts like a loving bitch. It's a constant pain there that doesn't go away no matter what position I take, and in the morning I feel like absolute total loving death in the bed. Then I get up, and hobble around for an hour or so and feel like I have energy, then I just crash because I've exerted myself too much.

I literally live next door to this italian gym, so imma go there eventually to do light exercise.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Yeah don’t. Or you’ll hurt like that forever.

Ask us how we know.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Seriously. Do what your physical therapist says when you start seeing them. Stupid army poo poo is not worth destroying yourself over.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Get ready for cat/camel and planks and abdominal abduction and so on. And by get ready I mean chill until told to do them for physical therapy.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Soulex posted:

Yeah don’t. Or you’ll hurt like that forever.

Ask us how we know.

summa dat grunt poo poo

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Serious spinal injuries vary, but it's often a fun tightrope where if you go too hard, you're hosed, but if you become fat/lazy and say you can't work out because of your back it's somehow even worse. Being cautious, but active, and doing PT (physical therapy, not Army PT) like you drat well mean it goes a long way.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
gently caress it bro go max your squat immediately so that you have a baseline and you'll know how much you've regressed when you start doing sommadatgrunshit again

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Ask me about re-injuring my back three times before getting a permanent profile that barred me from doing anything but the run.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Army comedian is actually funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hcVI10_gvM

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

The only comedian trying to ride with his Army experience that makes me actually laugh. This video owns.

The post-911 FB/youtube professional veteran cadre blows so many donkey dicks it’s unbelievable.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Man, the Army is loving lame as hell

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Mustang posted:

This cannot possibly be a surprise to you.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Mustang posted:

What happened?

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Nothing outside the norm, it's just after over a year of a deluge of bullshit coming down on us all the time I was finally like "so, what's our focus and how should we prioritize all this poo poo???" and the answer was "Everything. It's all the #1 priority."

It's stupid of me to even remotely assume that lifers may not view service in the Army as literally a LIFE LONG commitment.

I literally heard it directly out of the BDE commander and CSMs mouth when he visited us once that the bullshit would die down and we would get a break after NTC. What a loving dumbass I was, a loving idiot, to think that that would be even remotely true.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I'm out. However, the stupid VA benefits site can't find me when I apply to use the post-9/11. Am I gonna have to physically drive somewhere with my contract and dd214/ngb22 to smash some heads in?

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Red Cycle was supposed to end at the end of block leave, so like Jan 3rd. Now it's pushed out to like loving April at a minimum.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

I'm out. However, the stupid VA benefits site can't find me when I apply to use the post-9/11. Am I gonna have to physically drive somewhere with my contract and dd214/ngb22 to smash some heads in?

Use Disabled American Veterans (DAV) or the VFW if you get into a bind with any of that. They've got people who specialize in finding the right skulls to crack within the mazes of the VA.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
There are cycles other than red?

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I'm really interested in seeing what will happen down here at Hunter Liggett if the government shuts down. 80% of the support staff here are civilians. All of range control is. Whoops cant actually do anything. Too bad.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

A Bad Poster posted:

I'm really interested in seeing what will happen down here at Hunter Liggett if the government shuts down. 80% of the support staff here are civilians. All of range control is. Whoops cant actually do anything. Too bad.

Yeab but are they federal or state employees? Hunter Liggett is a guard base right?

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life
Thank you dwell time for getting me out of the worst deployment.

If you are unfamiliar with title 10 section 12304b, it allows NG and reserve to get involuntarily deployed without receiving any active duty time towards retirement, GI Bill, transitional medical, ect. For me it wouldn't do much since I'll still be 60% rated either way but I legitimately feel bad for all these new soldiers.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

There are cycles other than red?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
what loving cycles are you talking about i never heard anything about no drat cycles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
The rinse cycle