Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

Vitamin P posted:

I'm coming back after quitting a month after launch, what is that +10 you have there? Does that mean she's effectively level 50? Is that why '40+' missions keep destroying me?

It means she's been merged 10 times. Each time you do it, it adds +1 to two stats based on a simple formula, for a total of +4 to all stats at +10. It's the slowest and least effective way of making your waifus more powerful, so having a 5*+10 unit is a mark of dedication/insanity.

PvE uses a different method to make AI characters more powerful, known as "blatant loving cheating". The best general advice for high level PvE is to only hit the enemy with units that are hard counters, and ask us for advice on anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
Yeah '40+' on PvE stuff is to indicate that the enemies are having their stats Inflated to gently caress to make up for being total morons who will gladly walk into awful matchups.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
Wait so people are getting not just 1 5-star character, but getting the same 5-star character 11 times? That's insane that must cost many orbs.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Vitamin P posted:

Wait so people are getting not just 1 5-star character, but getting the same 5-star character 11 times? That's insane that must cost many orbs.

Fae is available as a 4* unit. You can promote her to 5* for 20k feathers.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Jan 18, 2018

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Andrast posted:

Fae is available as a 4* unit. You can promote her to 5* for 20k feathers.

Yeah. Most of the Be The Change units come at three or four stars. Still takes a lot of investment, but it's managable free to play.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

blizzardvizard posted:

I love the banner concept. I'd prefer a non-split 4* focus (and/or without bad fodders like Rebecca) but I guess they're not gonna be that generous about it

I may pull colorless more in the future depending on what the legend banner is for more Kleins and Setsunas

Yeah, I hope this is an indication that they will do more banners like this, because it's a very cool idea!

I have no orbs to spare on it because I spent half the month chasing NY Azura and I want to have SOME available for the next Legend banner and/or whatever they're doing for the anniversary event. Assuming they're doing something.

If they were nice, the anniversary event would be just give us a bunch of orbs and a free unit.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
Here is my poetry slam tercet for my experience with this banner upon waking up:

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
4* focus units rock socks!

edit: lol and I just pulled a 5* roy. Into the woodchipper boy.

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

I got another -atk 5*, this time it was Brave Lyn on my free pull so I can’t be too mad. At least that’s swift sparrow!

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

Octolady posted:

I got another -atk 5*, this time it was Brave Lyn on my free pull so I can’t be too mad. At least that’s swift sparrow!

Aww, you actually did take my bad luck :(

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

The anniversary event should be the bottom 4 characters from the CYL poll, with extra power creep and they should explicitly have lines about it "with THIS you'll have to love me"

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Thank you for the free 5* Klien banner

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Emalde posted:

Here is my poetry slam tercet for my experience with this banner upon waking up:

that's hosed up

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I got a setsuna, 2 raighs, bartre, and Oboro, all 3*

I'll just take the game's advice and go gently caress myself

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Theyre doing this banner because these units will be 5* exclusive next month as they rotate the pool of available 4 and 3* units.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

I hope they do more banners like this, but with less units sharing a color. Maybe that way I will finally get enough Felicias and Titanias to +10 both of them. I‘ve gotten more Hinatas than Felicias the past two months and it‘s not like I haven‘t been rolling colorless.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I have enough Faes for the +10 so my personal nightmare of green orbs not existing is over

Now I only need two fcorrins (and about 70k feathers) to have both at +10

Andrast fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jan 18, 2018

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
I've run out of Cordelias and I'm one Camilla away from running out of her as well.

What the hell do I even do once I'm waiting for them.

I suppose the real answer is wait for Dark Flier Aversa/Sumia.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Free pull was 3* Cecilia, which has been a recurring theme. I already have a 4*40+10 Cecilia, let me go!

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Alxprit posted:

Free pull was 3* Cecilia, which has been a recurring theme. I already have a 4*40+10 Cecilia, let me go!

Pulling on green now feels awful, since I already have 4* +10 Cecilia, Cherche and Fredrick. Of course, since I desperately need reposition I'll probably pull a couple on green again :(

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
new banner is god tier. remove legendary banners for this, thanks.

okay i changed my mind. they gave me a setsuna/lon'qu/palla which are all characters I do not need

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I'm still shackled to the NY banner :(

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Elyv posted:

I'm still shackled to the NY banner :(

Same, I got NYCamilla but still need NYAzura

I don't mind though, honestly the only units from this banner I really have any use for are common as dirt anyway

like, I really don't need to spend orbs specifically trying to get Barst; the Barsts will come to me naturally

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
We got a Rebecca banner right after I got her to +10.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Part of me really wants to invest a bunch in New Year's Camilla and I don't even know why. I don't even like Camilla that much, or fliers, or sword units.

Anyway, speaking of +10 units, they need to bring the FRobin GHB back so I can get mine at least to an even +5.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Got screwed over in a Arena duel when Reinhardt somehow survived a counter from Micaiah and she got ganked by WoM. I believe he had 32 Res against Miciaiah’s 52 Atk. Maybe I’ll switch Iceberg to Moonblow to fix that.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

SgtSteel91 posted:

Got screwed over in a Arena duel when Reinhardt somehow survived a counter from Micaiah and she got ganked by WoM. I believe he had 32 Res against Miciaiah’s 52 Atk. Maybe I’ll switch Iceberg to Moonblow to fix that.

Glimmer is most likely better against armors/horses

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

loquacius posted:

Same, I got NYCamilla but still need NYAzura

I don't mind though, honestly the only units from this banner I really have any use for are common as dirt anyway

like, I really don't need to spend orbs specifically trying to get Barst; the Barsts will come to me naturally

I just want any NY unit, I'll go back to hoarding after that

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

Senerio posted:

We got a Rebecca banner right after I got her to +10.

Now you’re free to roll red and stock up on Fury!

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I only got one rebecca the whole game and I roll on colorless A LOT.

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
Well, I did it. Pulled all 3* heroes on a banner with 4* focus units.

RIP my 15 orbs.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

I pulled a -Spd/+Def 5 star Fae to go with my -Spd/+Res one. Now which one eats the other?

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

Rudoku posted:

I pulled a -Spd/+Def 5 star Fae to go with my -Spd/+Res one. Now which one eats the other?

-Spd/+Res. Makes her better at counterkilling mages and dueling other dragons.

Her def can be made up with a refine and Steady Breath

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

scaterry posted:

-Spd/+Res. Makes her better at counterkilling mages and dueling other dragons.

Her def can be made up with a refine and Steady Breath

If you are going to invest in her def anyway using the +def nature and a res refine is better because the +def nature gives 4 stat points

+RES is only better if you are going all in on the res

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Also it turns out that getting the +def nature on my Fae was worth the wait

At +9 she is suddenly tanking Ayras and other red melees

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012
Is Fae the only character where a boon/bane adjusts more than three? I didn't know about her def boon giving 4

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

scaterry posted:

Is Fae the only character where a boon/bane adjusts more than three? I didn't know about her def boon giving 4

There are plenty

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Man imagine how powerful a green dragon created today would be

Fae is really good without any powercreep and with very non-minmaxed stats

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

It's just dragons being a busted unit type in general rn

Adbot