Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I get Lambert mixed up with Malky Mackay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

sassassin posted:

I get Lambert mixed up with Malky Mackay.

AKA the reverse Malky Mackay

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

Ninpo posted:

All I remember of Paul Lambert is incredibly boring football at Aston Villa until Tactics Tim took over and got them relegated anyway but in a more entertaining fashion and prior to that, Norwich fans loving him a lot before turning on him.

Who else could Stoke have approached? Who else would Stoke fans have preferred? Is Lambert a step up from Hughes?

Wasn't Lambert rejected by both sheff wednesday and hull earlier in the season? He can't get a championship club but suddenly he's good enough for a premier league team? Stoke have handicapped themselves by being desperate for a manager with premier league experience and end up looking at the same old list of failures. We're a relatively stable premier league club with billionaire owners, surely they can do better than Paul loving Lambert.

Saying that I'd still take Lambert over Hughes. We couldn't buy a win and we were conceding a ridiculous amount of goals (47 in 22 games). Hopefully Lambert can at least get the defence sorted. Ultimately this is the boards gently caress up. Hughes should have gone in the summer and the club wouldn't be in the situation they are in now, looking to appoint any old fucker.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Manc Hill posted:

why would city be "grooming" him to become Arsenal manager

To clarify, that story says people at Arsenal were hoping that he could eventually be brought to Arsenal as a manager.

Ninpo posted:

All I remember of Paul Lambert is incredibly boring football at Aston Villa until Tactics Tim took over and got them relegated anyway but in a more entertaining fashion and prior to that, Norwich fans loving him a lot before turning on him.

Who else could Stoke have approached? Who else would Stoke fans have preferred? Is Lambert a step up from Hughes?

From what I remember, if Norwich fans turned on Lambert, it's because he left for Villa.

Maybe he was boring at Villa, but it looked like he was somehow staving off relegation for multiple seasons. If you can do that while having to work with Randy Lerner, you probably should get some credit.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
He turned down the Liverpool job before they gave it to Brendan Rodgers

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Meat Wagon posted:

Wasn't Lambert rejected by both sheff wednesday and hull earlier in the season? He can't get a championship club but suddenly he's good enough for a premier league team?

lol I thought the exact same thing about Carvalhal. Got sacked by a Championship club and joined a Premier League club a week later, what's going on with that

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

kcer posted:

lol I thought the exact same thing about Carvalhal. Got sacked by a Championship club and joined a Premier League club a week later, what's going on with that

It's almost like there was something a bit dodgy behind the "sacking".

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

sassassin posted:

It's almost like there was something a bit dodgy behind the "sacking".

true enough but he wasn't exactly setting the championship on fire

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Monday Bandele posted:

He turned down the Liverpool job before they gave it to Brendan Rodgers

The circumstances behind Lambert leaving Norwich have been pretty thoroughly dissected by Norwich fans and I've never heard that before. Where did you hear it?

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

kcer posted:

it's because Wednesday are a bigger team than stoke and Swansea put together whixh admittedly isn't saying much

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
I thought you guys might find this amusing:

Here's What The Average Player's Face in Each Premier League Team Looks Like

quote:

For no good reason, we've merged the face of every Premier League squad to find out what the average player looks like.

Southampton's and Newcastle's composites look especially weird:

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Lol at Burnley just being a white dude

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I always laugh at how lily white Southampton are and hell, I was right.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Brony Car posted:

I thought you guys might find this amusing:

Looks like they forgot that Delap retired.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

paddyboat posted:

I always laugh at how lily white Southampton are and hell, I was right.

its not their fault liverpool keep buying all their black players, evem though Liverpool has a far stronger historical connection to the slave trade than Southampton

Breath Ray fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Jan 16, 2018

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Breath Ray posted:

its not their fault liverpool keep buying all their black players

Well historically Southampton would be the place to go to buy blacks anyway

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

CyberPingu posted:

:captainpop:

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

CyberPingu posted:

:vince:

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

CyberPingu posted:

good joke except for the fact that Liverpool has a far stronger historical connection to the slave trade than Southampton??? idiot bitch

Not the Messiah
Jan 7, 2018
Buglord

CyberPingu posted:

:chanpop:

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

CyberPingu posted:

:holymoley:

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Manc Hill posted:

good joke except for the fact that Liverpool has a far stronger historical connection to the slave trade than Southampton??? idiot bitch

yes it doesnt really work does it..much like the ppl of liverpool ha

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Manc Hill posted:

drat, history takedown looks like the liverpool plastics will be hiding their heads in shame after this,

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Manc Hill posted:

drat. You got me

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
https://mobile.twitter.com/RobHarris/status/953317190899466240
Wenger rules.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Mike Dean is a cheat who loves attention.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

He's probably just very incompetent

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Since it's demonstrably true, I don't know why he accepted the charge

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2018/jan/16/no-amanda-staveley-bid-for-newcastle-mike-ashley?CMP=share_btn_tw&__twitter_impression=true

As I correctly predicted, the Newcastle bid was a sham

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Breath Ray posted:

yes it doesnt really work does it..much like the ppl of liverpool ha

Lol

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Congrats on years of exciting football.

https://twitter.com/SkyKaveh/status/953410315202461696

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

sassassin posted:

he's actually insanely good because he always gives decisions the boro way

riverside mike owns.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

sassassin posted:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
the people who were backing staveley's bid for newcastle have been revealed and also that they've not been involved since the first offer was declined so thats the takeover completely dead then

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jan/17/reuben-family-newcastle-takeover-amanda-staveley

quote:

Organised corporately as Reuben Brothers – a property, private equity and venture capital conglomerate headed by the brothers David and Simon Reuben, who are reported to be billionaires – the family have a very sizeable and financially powerful business. The brothers own Millbank Tower and a very large property portfolio in London, the value of which escalated them to the top of the Sunday Times “rich list” in 2016 with an estimated personal wealth of £13bn. They are also involved in plans to convert a former police station in Newcastle city centre into a “retail and leisure quarter” featuring a hotel, shops and restaurants.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jose posted:

They are also involved in plans to convert a former police station in Newcastle city centre into a “retail and leisure quarter” featuring a hotel, shops and restaurants

:barf:

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

it's so they can sell him for millions to china, hasn't anyone learned anything

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Parity warning posted:

it's so they can sell him for millions to china, hasn't anyone learned anything

It's cause he's the only football person that the advertising director of Chevrolet has heard of so they can't fire him.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/01/17/sean-dyche-has-gruff-voice-ate-worms-according-former-teammate/

Sean Dyche eats worms

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBrCaVySmDU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/...source=vicefbuk

• Locked thread