Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea DraftKings hosed off after NY and a couple other places said 'uh, this is just gambling' and their excuse of "NO YOU NEED SKILL TO WIN (ignore that 90% of our players lose and our biggest winners used auto-sorting programs to build their lineups)" failed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Didn't John Oliver do a whole Last Week Tonight about Draft Kings? I first heard about it when like an entire season of The League TV show seemed to be about it.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Also I just listened to the latest MBMBaM, and I agree with whoever said it was the funniest one in a long time.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

Loopy Griffin is my favorite Griffin.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Tears In A Vial posted:

Also I just listened to the latest MBMBaM, and I agree with whoever said it was the funniest one in a long time.

A lot of that was due to the Nastyman but Justin's extremely long and meandering egg analogy to disprove Travis' point that ended up proving it anyway had me in tears from sheer anti-comedy

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Does John own a Hopkins?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Blockhouse posted:

A lot of that was due to the Nastyman but Justin's extremely long and meandering egg analogy to disprove Travis' point that ended up proving it anyway had me in tears from sheer anti-comedy

Mine's a turtle egg

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Thanks a lot Griffin, people saying "John Hopkin's" was the only remaining shibboleth to tell if someone was not native to Baltimore.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Griffin is going to be very excited of the new Nintendo cardboard that releases on 4/20 for $69.

No way that doesn't get discussed next episode

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Stroop There It Is posted:

Loopy Griffin is my favorite Griffin.

when he asked if they wanna stop right before carrying on was hilarious.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Griffin slurring out a Borat voice "my wife" in his Nastyman voice made me choke.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Mercury Hat posted:

Griffin slurring out a Borat voice "my wife" in his Nastyman voice made me choke.

It came out as almost reflexive, like he hadn't realized he'd said it. I like to imagine sober, clear-headed Griffin is constantly battling the urge to make Borat references.

Slightly more seriously though, I do worry a bit for the G-man's long-term health. It sounds like he's always been a sickly kid but drat, when he goes down he really goes down for the count.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Dolash posted:

It came out as almost reflexive, like he hadn't realized he'd said it. I like to imagine sober, clear-headed Griffin is constantly battling the urge to make Borat references.

Slightly more seriously though, I do worry a bit for the G-man's long-term health. It sounds like he's always been a sickly kid but drat, when he goes down he really goes down for the count.

There's a pretty good chance that he's sick but kinda hamming it up.
On Awful Squad he mentioned that people complain when he's being aggressive and demanding so he's trying to chill out.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
I really like the new TAZ arc so far. I didn't listen to the hero arc based on the reactions here, so I'm happy this seems to be going better.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Inzombiac posted:

There's a pretty good chance that he's sick but kinda hamming it up.
On Awful Squad he mentioned that people complain when he's being aggressive and demanding so he's trying to chill out.

And in the one before that they told Justin to loving knock off the guitar

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Laterite posted:

I really like the new TAZ arc so far. I didn't listen to the hero arc based on the reactions here, so I'm happy this seems to be going better.

Commitment is pretty good actually, listen to it

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Yeah. Commitment is worth listening to just for Kardala, honestly.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

Yeah. Commitment is worth listening to just for Kardala, honestly.

The dadmaps were the best. I really liked Commitment. It had a few issues but I'd love to hear Clint DM again.

Also just to digress back to ad talk again; my favorite ads are always going to be Movement Watches or whatever because a few podcasts I listen to do ads for them and some of them like to bring up the price of the watches as a talking point. So early on they were like sixty bucks, but now in a recent episode they're advertised as being over a hundred. I just got a good laugh at that price creep.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Dolash posted:

He also mentioned that he had also just taken a couple different cold medicines, so that probably really influenced his decisions as Nastyman. These are just the things we never really hear because he knows to hold it back for the sake of the show.

Nuebot posted:

The dadmaps were the best. I really liked Commitment. It had a few issues but I'd love to hear Clint DM again.

Also just to digress back to ad talk again; my favorite ads are always going to be Movement Watches or whatever because a few podcasts I listen to do ads for them and some of them like to bring up the price of the watches as a talking point. So early on they were like sixty bucks, but now in a recent episode they're advertised as being over a hundred. I just got a good laugh at that price creep.

I also really like Commitment basically because of Clint. The concept was a little overwrought, but again, you need to remember that Clint is a first time GM, so he needs some room to grow a bit.

Also, Movement Watches never mention their price in their ads, like every podcast ad, so "less than a watch store" could literally any price.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

SpacePig posted:

Also, Movement Watches never mention their price in their ads, like every podcast ad, so "less than a watch store" could literally any price.

They absolutely say "starting at just 90 dollars" or whatever in most of their ads.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Drugged up Griffin sounds a lot like Clint at times.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Wasabi the J posted:

And in the one before that they told Justin to loving knock off the guitar
It's a loving tragedy.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I loved Justin's guitar, dammit.

I know the December episode was unequivocally the best Awful Squad that ever was or will be, but have there been any good ones in January?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

JT Jag posted:

It's a loving tragedy.

Normally I like Guitar Juice but the second to last episode had more crosstalk than normal so the guitar made it ever harder to listen to.

It's me, the old man who can't follow a bunch of noises.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
I never liked the guitar and it felt really self-indulgent. But I keep hearing good things about the December awful squad, I'll have to check it out, guitar or no. Is Russ still Russ?

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Is Russ still Russ?
IIRC, last episode featured him putting an 8x scope on an S12K (the shotgun), so... yes

But the camerawork is way better.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
Russ still says scopies so yes.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
New TAZ has been up for a little while - http://maximumfun.org/adventure-zone/adventure-zone-amnesty-episode-2

Only listened to the first 20 minutes or so but to any who were saying they were bored with the first ep, this one's got some action for ya

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Boy these flophouse episodes are

Bad

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
The end of the most recent MBMBaM had an ad for Friendly Fire which is a collab between The Greatest Generation guys and John Roderick of Roderick On The Line (and other great shows). First real ep is talking about Saving Private Ryan. It's pretty decent if you like war movies.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Not Operator posted:

Russ still says scopies so yes.

Does he still say Beeps? I haven't watched an Awful Squad in a bit, but that was my favorite stupid phrase that Russ got going for a little bit.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

I never liked the guitar and it felt really self-indulgent. But I keep hearing good things about the December awful squad, I'll have to check it out, guitar or no. Is Russ still Russ?

I've come around to being okay with Russ.
It's the little whining noises that I hate but he's a good dude and doing his best to keep things together.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Rodyle posted:

Boy these flophouse episodes are

Bad

The one with the McElroys and just Stuart Wellington is super good though, don't miss it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I forgot to mention:

Brothers, you can't tell me you've been using both Stitch Fix and Trunk Club, because they are the same loving thing.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Kenny Logins posted:

and John Roderick of Roderick On The Line (and other great shows).

Also he performed the song "It's a Departure" with The Long Winters, it's off the album Putting the Days to Bed, it's a great album, you should check it out, thanks John

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Stroop There It Is posted:

IIRC, last episode featured him putting an 8x scope on an S12K (the shotgun), so... yes

But the camerawork is way better.

Even better he dropped the SCAR for the AKM.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

SpacePig posted:

Does he still say Beeps? I haven't watched an Awful Squad in a bit, but that was my favorite stupid phrase that Russ got going for a little bit.
everyone says beeps and if you play PUBG and don't, well, smdh

e: ^^^ I mean I've done that when I have a shitload of 7.62 and no 5.56 but ONLY THEN, JESUS RUSS

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Draxion posted:

The one with the McElroys and just Stuart Wellington is super good though, don't miss it.

It's one of my favorites.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I like Russ, the only times I genuinely get sick of his poo poo is when the rest of the team is describing some amazing chaotic firefight and Russ is just like, trying on pants in a room by himself on the other side of town. They should just let griffin film

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
If youtube lets them have two streams at once, they should do Awful Squad: Ultra Griffin and Awful Squad: Ultra Russ