Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The reasons mentioned on the podcast were "we need to do something quick before the next game" and "Woolie played the last game so we should do something with Matt on controls so Woolie can play the next one" with the implication being they're filling time before Dragon Ball Fighters.

I guess, but why a new playthrough, doesn’t Dragon Ball come out like next week? You’ve got two LPs going already, just do some random one offs or something. Bring back mystery box

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scialen
Nov 5, 2010

Look into my eyes...

Blockhouse posted:

if woolie's on sticks I can see matt losing interest pretty fast especially with how route b goes

if matt's on sticks woolie is going to be paying less than 0% attention and just start talking about random poo poo constantly like getting up all over again

They definitely need Pat for guidance and hype. The chemistry between Pat and Woolie in the demo was amazing when it was funnelled through what was happening on screen. Matt will just deflate all energy and turn into babby-Matt, and Woolie will be evasive and dismissive if Pat isn't there.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
If they need something quick I doubt it's a filler slot for DBFZ, that game is gonna be done in five episodes max.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

It should've been co-op Cuphead attempts

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Mandrel posted:

I guess, but why a new playthrough, doesn’t Dragon Ball come out like next week? You’ve got two LPs going already, just do some random one offs or something. Bring back mystery box

The first Batman LP wasn't unpopular and doing the second game guarantees them a certain amount of footage and is less effort than picking individual games they both want to play and hoping they make for good videos.

Mystery Box is dead because all their interesting gimmicks are dead, but also because a lot of people straight-up don't click them unless they've been spoiled on what they are.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Food $200
Data $150
Rent $800
Intros $3,600
Utility $150
someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my family is dying

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Foxhound posted:

Food $200
Data $150
Rent $800
Intros $3,600
Utility $150
someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my family is dying

spend less on intros

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Andrast posted:

spend less on intros

no

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

Watching the last episode of Matt's Apogee series and wow! The original Shadow Warrior might be the most racist game I've ever seen!

I'm enjoying the couple of games in that series of videos that seem to just straight up have Castlevania sound effects.

I'm sure it's just some generic sound library thing but it's breaking my mind.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Hey, The Fall still exists apparently!

https://youtu.be/g4jRsUOtoq8

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Mandrel posted:

I cant believe they keep doing Telltale playthroughs when neither they nor seemingly the audience has enjoyed a Telltale game since like TWAU

I actually loved TWD S3 for how it won Matt and Pat over for like all of one or two episodes and then spiralled right down the shitter as TWD games do.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Monathin posted:

I actually loved TWD S3 for how it won Matt and Pat over for like all of one or two episodes and then spiralled right down the shitter as TWD games do.

TWD S2 and 3 and David Cage games are kinda similar like that; they're really good at promising, but inevitably don't deliver.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
In the most hypothetical and what-if scenario, if SBFP were to end, this upcoming Detroit LP would be the best possible finale.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

In the most hypothetical and what-if scenario, if SBFP were to end, this upcoming Detroit LP would be the best possible finale.

liam will descend from the heavens and rapture all of the best friends while david cage is left behind

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Pat's getting his rear end in a top hat blown wide open on DBFZ live on stream. It's great.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Has anyone ever enjoyed a Telltale game, really?

I liked the Strong Bad games :shrug:

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Pat's getting his rear end in a top hat blown wide open on DBFZ live on stream. It's great.

His soul has completely left his body now

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Lmao at the chat teaching Pat how to tag out effectively

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Has anyone ever enjoyed a Telltale game, really?

Tales from the Borderlands is pretty good.
I consider it better than Life is Strange because it actually sticks its landing.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Do not jinx this.

We are expecting a Nier Auto LP still, neh?

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jan 19, 2018

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Wonder what they're gonna do for fisticuffs tomorrow. Budokai 3, maybe? The Tenkaichi-style games don't seem like a great fit, and I hope they don't just find another garbo one.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Garbage fighters are the best

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
A garbage fighter means they'll be too busy talking about how bad the game is so I don't have to listen to Woolie talking about how cool Super 17 is

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I wonder if Woolie has ever actually watched GT before, because Super 17 is boring as gently caress.

Though, he at least has the decency to not stick around for very long, his arc is 7 episodes long and he's only Super 17 for 2 of them.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
GT is loving garbage and no one should watch it

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

GT is loving garbage and no one should watch it

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

The thing that I hate most about GT is the wasted potential. There's a lot of neat ideas in there that are all executed like garbage.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I'm guessing the boys watched it, but only when it first aired and now they refuse to let go of that 13-to-20 year old nostalgia.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Man people are already spoiling Woolie on KOTOR stuff. loving hell.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I watched GT when I was 9 or 10, and back then, besides being really annoyed with Pan and the bot, I didn't think GT was that bad. I'm going to need a video analysis explaining where GT went wrong.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Grouchio posted:

I watched GT when I was 9 or 10, and back then, besides being really annoyed with Pan and the bot, I didn't think GT was that bad. I'm going to need a video analysis explaining where GT went wrong.

everywhere

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Grouchio posted:

Here's my video analysis: Child Grouchio was even dumber than you are now, as all children are.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The villains of the last arc of Dragon Ball anime for decades, the culmination of GT's allegedly overarching plot line, the embodiment of humanity's sins for overusing the Dragonballs...

...stand perfectly still in random spots on the world map doing nothing until Goku shows up to fight them.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

GT was good you’re all dorks

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Mandrel posted:

GT was good you’re all dorks

GT had all the bad pacing of Z's anime, worse animation in spots, Fanfiction tier villains, and none of the Toriyama charm that actually made Dragon Ball cool and fun and funny.

GT is a show for the kind of person obsessed with Power Levels and strength tiers, which is to say it's a dragon ball show for the kind of people Dragon ball makes fun of and tells to relax and enjoy the ride. It's a series made of missing the point entirely.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

GT had all the bad pacing of Z's anime, worse animation in spots, Fanfiction tier villains, and none of the Toriyama charm that actually made Dragon Ball cool and fun and funny.

GT is a show for the kind of person obsessed with Power Levels and strength tiers, which is to say it's a dragon ball show for the kind of people Dragon ball makes fun of and tells to relax and enjoy the ride. It's a series made of missing the point entirely.

yeah I couldn’t care less about the manga so “bad pacing and terrible animation” doesn’t exactly rock my world as a criticism. it’s practically a hallmark of the series. the villains aren’t any dumber than any others, and if they are that honestly only makes it better because crank that poo poo up to 11

Dragon ball is a loving dumb space wrestling cartoon, it’s most entertaining (and funniest) when it doubles down and takes it’s idiot melodrama and muscles seriously. it is at its most lame and Japanese when it’s actually trying to be jokey and meta

more fur, more eyeliner, more jeans, more 90s extreme art design, more flexing, more yelling. Do it

the only part of GT that blows is kid goku and trying to remake dragon ball but in space or whatever

vegeta should’ve kept that loving mustache

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Vegeta’s moustache is the only good thing in gt

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
dude nothing about the villains in GT are "cranked to 11" they are the most boring bullshit imaginable

super 17 stands around doing the same move over and over for two episodes like your little brother who just figured out how to throw fireballs in SF2

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The people that created gt specifically said pan's only role is to be saved by goku and make him stronger. Cause girls are damsels in distress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Blockhouse posted:

dude nothing about the villains in GT are "cranked to 11" they are the most boring bullshit imaginable

super 17 stands around doing the same move over and over for two episodes like your little brother who just figured out how to throw fireballs in SF2

That dude hasn't tried to rewatch GT like ever. That if he ever actually watched it. It's INCREDIBLY boring, and it says a lot that the defense for it is "you guys are dumb and take this poo poo too seriously" coupled with "the visual designs are funny".