Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

I want the next season to be Star Trek tng style diplomacy discussion except Westeros and not space. Just chattin around a table 100%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

COMRADES posted:

I just want a full season of Dany and Jon banging tbh.

Staying true to the Targaryen way I see.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Labes for days posted:

Staying true to the Targaryen way I see.

A thousand years of beautiful blond haired purple eyed men and women banging.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

sugar free jazz posted:

I want the next season to be Star Trek tng style diplomacy discussion except Westeros and not space. Just chattin around a table 100%

this would have been nice before all the good acted characters died -- tywin, stannis, roose bolton, the mormont guy from the wall

Now it would just be the little girl Mormont rolling her eyes at cersei. Which is fine, but not a season.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
I want Jaime and Brienne to reunite and then angrily make out in Winterfell's courtyard for such a long time that everyone gets visibly uncomfortable except for Bran who keeps nodding and making obscene gestures.

Bran is a pervert. It is known.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Supreme Allah posted:

this would have been nice before all the good acted characters died -- tywin, stannis, roose bolton, the mormont guy from the wall

Now it would just be the little girl Mormont rolling her eyes at cersei. Which is fine, but not a season.

no cersei, no mormont, just their spokespeople. I want nitty gritty percentages, treaties, trade agreements, the good poo poo. White walkers at the table, arguing over a .01% increase in barley tariffs, shoot it straight into my rear end

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

once again, i am going to have to ask that ppl please refrain from posting in this thread. i know that's hard because of what unbelievably retarded nerds you are, but please try to have 1% of the dignity of a normal human person by not posting in this thread during the off season. thank you.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

there are many other fine threads to post in, simply choose any of those

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
I did feel ashamed when i posted, but I figured that was just my every day shame flaring up

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

sugar free jazz posted:

Unless next season is back to back 90 minute episodes I've got my doubts it's going to be anything but a disaster. 6 episodes cannot resolve what's going on. HBO should call D&D and tell them to make 10 loving episodes or their new show is going in the trash.

I'm all for "less is more" and killing filler.. but there is literally way, way too loving much to resolve in any reasonable manner right now.

Supreme Allah posted:

re-watching some of this HBO marathon and good lord tyrion is a loving dumb rear end at tactics. I could better tactics tham him.

Plus, this whole last season makes no sense. The unsullied army is trapped at castlerly rock then they're fine later?

The show fell off a cliff after s. 4 just like the books.

Season 6 was pretty good. Season 7 was garbage. Still annoyed that someone replaced Little FInger's brain with mash potatoes and we had to sit through two Starks bickering at each other over the dumbest Goddamn poo poo in a false ruse for nobody

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jan 18, 2018

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
By the way all the spoilers read like lovely fanfic.

That said I'm not really bothered by any of them. If they really go the route of Bronn just being awesome as gently caress I'm down.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
To be fair it's been lovely fanfic for a couple seasons now.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Supreme Allah posted:

I did feel ashamed when i posted, but I figured that was just my every day shame flaring up

no it's completely normal

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
If Bronn gets a castle I’ll be happy :unsmith:

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
During season 7 Jorah traveled from Sunspear (the southern tip of the world) to beyond the wall where the white walkers are within one single episode. Previous seasons relied on everyone in separate interesting stories far away from communication with others and acting on incomplete, flawed information from ravens while the tense audience watched on, but now all the characters are just in on the story, or at least are no more lost than D&D are when it comes to what happens in the unfinished books

Think of how long the white walkers took to go from Hardhome to the Wall, or the Hound and Arya to their destinations, or how long Daenerys took to get to Westeros from season 1, and how much plot development took place while people were on their way and not in easy communication range of anyone else

I really hope the final season is good and helps wrap up the great stuff set up in the beginning, but people who said seasons 5-7 had an accelerating trend of problems are right

Happy Thread fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jan 18, 2018

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Dumb Lowtax posted:

During season 7 Jorah traveled from Sunspear (the southern tip of the world) to beyond the wall where the white walkers are within one single episode. Previous seasons relied on everyone in separate interesting stories far away from communication with others and acting on incomplete, flawed information from ravens while the tense audience watched on, but now all the characters are just in on the story, or at least are no more lost than D&D are when it comes to what happens in the unfinished books

Think of how long the white walkers took to go from Hardhome to the Wall, or the Hound and Arya to their destinations, or how long Daenerys took to get to Westeros from season 1, and how much plot development took place while people were on their way and not in easy communication range of anyone else

I really hope the final season is good and helps wrap up the great stuff set up in the beginning, but people who said seasons 5-7 had an accelerating trend of problems are right

Everyone unlocked fast-travel last season.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Dumb Lowtax posted:

counterpoint: you're a loving nerd and you'll never have a genuine relationship with anyone in your life.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Hell Yeah posted:

counterpoint: you're a loving nerd and you'll never have a genuine relationship with anyone in your life.

I would really appreciate it if you stopped bumping this thread please, just let it die

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Did bran warg into his own poo poo yet?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Not enough GoT tits itt....

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
As a huge taylor swift fanboi i really would like to see her in the show. Maybe tay tay could be playing a concert for one of cersei's parties/orgies.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Blazing Ownager posted:

Unless next season is back to back 90 minute episodes I've got my doubts it's going to be anything but a disaster. 6 episodes cannot resolve what's going on. HBO should call D&D and tell them to make 10 loving episodes or their new show is going in the trash.

I'm all for "less is more" and killing filler.. but there is literally way, way too loving much to resolve in any reasonable manner right now.

...and then a meteor crashed into the planet and everyone died. All plot threads resolved. The moral of the story is that all human struggle is meaningless.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Bobby Digital posted:

If Bronn gets a castle I’ll be happy :unsmith:

He already has one!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Otto Von Jizzmark posted:

As a huge taylor swift fanboi i really would like to see her in the show. Maybe tay tay could be playing a concert for one of cersei's parties/orgies.

I concur.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

COMRADES posted:

To be fair it's been lovely fanfic for a couple seasons now.

Ever since season 5. Dorne was a shitshow, there is NO WAY Littlefinger would ever give Sansa away to the Boltons, and nobody gives a gently caress about Arya's training.

S6 wasn't any better.

At this point I want the White Walkers to win. I mean, they are the slowest fuckers on the show though.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Power resides where men believe it resides. No, wait...power resides with dragons.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Power resides in my balls.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

shut the gently caress up you idiots. you're nothing but a bunch of cockaroaches to me

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Hell Yeah posted:

shut the gently caress up you idiots. you're nothing but a bunch of cockaroaches to me

Surely you can't mean me?!

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Oh yeah?!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Hell yeah!

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

naked Jon snow being too short to reach a jar of pickles in a cabinet and hoppin up n down trying to reach the pickles, then a giant steps on him. End of show.

Capri Sun Tzu
Oct 24, 2017

by Reene
I was super hungover one day and I binge watched Iron Fist to ward off the existential panic that comes the day after you slam down to chow town. They picked a pudgy white guy with no charisma to play an asian kung-fu master superhero and I cannot figure out for the life of me why they made that choice

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Khaleesi can ride MY dragon, if you know what I mean.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

The Dennis System posted:

Power resides where men believe it resides. No, wait...power resides with dragons.

also that red lady's vagina

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Did something happen?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Footage leaked of the Winterfell set on fire. Guess it's getting burned up next season.

Good. I hope they all burn with it.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

The redhead wildling comes back to life and reenacts the snake tits scene

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Apparently, Cersei gonna be nakee again next season.