Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wicka
Jun 28, 2007

harperdc posted:

Benetton, Jaguar...

Rule of three

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

We are now introduced to the Rostovs who are hosting a party or something. The Rostovs are poor as poo poo, like loving Nicholas Cage has to sell his mansion floor. They've also got a ton of kids, it's like a real loving Mormon church scenario. There's the older chick who I seriously don't know the name of still but marries some German dude later one, Natasha who is in love with doubitski or Dolokov or one of the other million characters starting with a D (This is a serious loving problem and I don't remember who any of these loving characters are), Nicholas who is enlisted in the army or something and in love with Sonya who I think is a cousin or something that lives with them. This party takes place in some special type of room that I don't remember but loving 90% of these parties takes place in these types of rooms, I think their called drawing rooms or something which is absolutely retarded because nobody loving draws in them they just sing and talk about trite poo poo in them. Nicholas and Sonya have some falling out cause shockingly incest between close relatives is not tolerated in societ and Natasha and the one of the Ds has a falling out because he wants to go to war. Then Pierre dances with Sonya or maybe Natasha.

I don't exactly what remember what happens after that tbh. There is some scene or something, I think it introduces Andrew's sister who is a nun, and then after the plot transitions to the Battle of Austerlitz in 1805.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

1500quidporsche posted:

We are now introduced to the Rostovs who are hosting a party or something. The Rostovs are poor as poo poo, like loving Nicholas Cage has to sell his mansion floor. They've also got a ton of kids, it's like a real loving Mormon church scenario. There's the older chick who I seriously don't know the name of still but marries some German dude later one, Natasha who is in love with doubitski or Dolokov or one of the other million characters starting with a D (This is a serious loving problem and I don't remember who any of these loving characters are), Nicholas who is enlisted in the army or something and in love with Sonya who I think is a cousin or something that lives with them. This party takes place in some special type of room that I don't remember but loving 90% of these parties takes place in these types of rooms, I think their called drawing rooms or something which is absolutely retarded because nobody loving draws in them they just sing and talk about trite poo poo in them. Nicholas and Sonya have some falling out cause shockingly incest between close relatives is not tolerated in societ and Natasha and the one of the Ds has a falling out because he wants to go to war. Then Pierre dances with Sonya or maybe Natasha.

I don't exactly what remember what happens after that tbh. There is some scene or something, I think it introduces Andrew's sister who is a nun, and then after the plot transitions to the Battle of Austerlitz in 1805.

Have they even set a date yet for the 1805 car reveal?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

Wait...have I loving read this book? This all sounds extremely familiar.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Reading a translation of War and Peace is a bit pointless, all the best jokes from the Russian edition are lost in translation

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Mercedes just confirmed their car launch for February 22nd.

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax
I have never before used my ignore button, today I find myself very close

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

The Unfetered One posted:

If you stop posting you won't have to read your own posts.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Dovi changed his helmet so now both the horses are black. 2018 is gonna be lit af.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

1500quidporsche posted:

Dovi changed his helmet so now both the horses are black. 2018 is gonna be lit af.

Pics please.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I tried finding a picture but it doesn't really translate well since the horses are on opposite sides of the helmet.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

nice meltdown

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXbQFpPrykA

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Shitrotkin.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

DoctorGonzo posted:

nice meltdown

that avatar is awesome

I'd also like to try a completo, it sounds/looks so absurd it has to taste good

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Phwoar that snub nosed high tail Connaught

Also just insane lack of barriers of any kind

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

LOL Dr. Completo. Just because I had to research the completo... here are some varying takes on the hot dog.

It's like nobody can just put loving ketchup on it and eat it anymore.

CratSock fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jan 18, 2018

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Ketchup is for children.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Minto Took posted:

Ketchup is for children.

My dearest friend.

Have you not heard of "Currywurst"?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Minto Took posted:

Ketchup is for children.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
All of those 'dogs look delicious.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Minto Took posted:

Ketchup is for children.

You sound like you'd be fun at parties.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

1500quidporsche posted:

My dearest friend.

Have you not heard of "Currywurst"?

I do enjoy a good currywurst, but I maintain that ketchup on hot dogs is neither Cool nor Good.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Those Korean French fry corn dogs are loving legit fyi

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

One of my regional culinary trolls is insisting Chicago style is the One True Hot Dog.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

And saying malört is good.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Chicago style hot dogs are exactly like deep dish pizza: technically good, but so much effort that it defeats the entire purpose of the dish. Why would I want to pile 16 different toppings on a hot dog when I could just throw on spicy brown mustard and sauerkraut and call it a day?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I put deep dish pizza in the same category as lasagna

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Norns posted:

I put deep dish pizza in the same category as lasagna

It's more casserole, imo.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Minto Took posted:

It's more casserole, imo.

Yeah same thing

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Lasagna is way better though

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Yeah you're not wrong

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Minto Took posted:

I do enjoy a good currywurst, but I maintain that ketchup on hot dogs is neither Cool nor Good.

Do you mean that in the way of "bread + sausage + ketchup /= cool + good" or in the way of "bread + sausage + ketchup + n /= cool + good"?

Because I agree that a "simple" hot dog like you sometimes get it in Germany (which basically is just white bread + a lukewarm sausage + ketchup) ain't that great, while the same thing can be a great foundation for something that imo is good if you add some more stuff (like on the pics above).

Also: the Currywurst at the Hockenheimring is quite good APART from the one they serve at the mercedes grandstand (they have their own catering, and it's way worse than the stuff you get at the other grandstands). Luckily, they closed down the Mercedes Grandstand due to it's awful currywurst late last year (or because Mercedes pulled out or stuff, but I still think it was because of the awful food)

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

wicka posted:

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

wicka posted:

Wrong.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016