Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
Is that Dead Orbit AR "Guiding Star" in this season's loot pool for the faction rally?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Insane Totoro posted:

Is that Dead Orbit AR "Guiding Star" in this season's loot pool for the faction rally?

Yes.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!

Neato, I haven't seen it as of yet and I missed it the last go around.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Jesus, how hard would it have been to just implement the lockout if the player ran the same lost sector within ten minutes or whatever? Being punished for playing the game the way its intended to be played is stupid as gently caress.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Insane Totoro posted:

Neato, I haven't seen it as of yet and I missed it the last go around.

It's a slightly more kicky Scathelocke, which means only hunters with double kinetic stability can put it to any real use, and even then just for PVE

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jan 18, 2018

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
You're actually supposed to play the game like a demented retard, just following the closest shiny thing being shepherded across the map by stuff popping up in your peripheral vision.
Anyone who's repeating the same content over and over are falling to play the way Bungie intended and are being punished for it.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

QuasiQuack posted:

You're actually supposed to play the game like a demented retard, just following the closest shiny thing being shepherded across the map by stuff popping up in your peripheral vision.
Anyone who's repeating the same content over and over are falling to play the way Bungie intended and are being punished for it.

The Bernie Principle

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Insane Totoro posted:

Should be, iirc it was released in the initial pool.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!

Waffle House posted:

Should be, iirc it was released in the initial pool.

Okay it's not in the Bungie.net infographic thing so I was thinking it wasn't. That and it hasn't dropped for me at all! But this is my first time pledging to Dead Orbit since that gun came out since the the last faction rally hosed me over my auto-pledging my characters to New Monarchy!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Them: nothing good has ever come of Destiny 2

Me, a sartorial: https://bungiestore.com/products/hawthorne-hooded-poncho

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

holy poo poo

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I'm getting real flirty with that Hunter bomber jacket. Idgaf.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Somebody logged in to my account and got this

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Oh drat, them spicy ramen shirts back in stock

https://bungiestore.com/collections/all/products/d2-spicy-ramen-shop-t-shirt

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Was originally planning on logging in to get my Warlock signed up for FWC, but after this whole hot mess... eh, I think I'll just head down to my FLGS for some X-wing instead.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Destiny 2 really has tanked on Twitch but it's interesting to see that the only people who stream it now are only playing PvE, and PvP seems to be dead despite what seems to be a very deliberate effort by Bungie to make it more streamable (e.g. player intros for matches and the new HUD). Comparatively, looking at the Twitch page for the first Destiny has a lot of streamers playing PvP. I'd have thought a company as large as Bungie would be in full panic mode and pushing out updates encouraging people to play as quickly as possible but the public reaction of the studio seems to be that of a rabbit in the headlights, they're not really moving or making much of a visible effort to fix anything. Will be interesting to see how the year plays out for them and their relationship with Activision, and if they even bother with a Destiny 3 at all in the future.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
[Bungie voice] wait wait wait in a first person SHOOTER people are clamoring for more of the 3 types of loot items that are actually visible while you play and are the primary means of interacting with the world? Guns?!?!? I guess we should reskin 3 auto rifles to shut these assholes up.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

SUNKOS posted:

Destiny 2 really has tanked on Twitch but it's interesting to see that the only people who stream it now are only playing PvE, and PvP seems to be dead despite what seems to be a very deliberate effort by Bungie to make it more streamable (e.g. player intros for matches and the new HUD). Comparatively, looking at the Twitch page for the first Destiny has a lot of streamers playing PvP. I'd have thought a company as large as Bungie would be in full panic mode and pushing out updates encouraging people to play as quickly as possible but the public reaction of the studio seems to be that of a rabbit in the headlights, they're not really moving or making much of a visible effort to fix anything. Will be interesting to see how the year plays out for them and their relationship with Activision, and if they even bother with a Destiny 3 at all in the future.

It’s because there are some huge idiots in control of key pvp game design concepts and said idiots are very entrenched

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Shame about D2. I was still logging on to raid with friends as of 2 weeks ago.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

I checked out the top streamer in there yesterday who was some guy sat in orbit arguing with his chat and doing damage control and I watched him for a couple of minutes today and he was talking about how upset and emotionally draining this is which is funny but also sad.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
There's some saccharine-sweet fucker on reddit named Rise of Bacon who writes these painfully cheerful posts about the game ("Hello guardians! Back at it with some more Bacon Bits! If the amazing Developer Update last week didn't tickle your cute little chinny-chin-chins, then perhaps this week's Faction Rally will, with these choice new weapons that are sure to shake things up!")

He finally broke because on Tuesday he updated that post to just say "Edit - never mind"

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I picked up SWGEmu because I love dead and gay games, but I’ve *finally* got my Warlock where she needs to be. Now for the Hunter.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

SUNKOS posted:

I checked out the top streamer in there yesterday who was some guy sat in orbit arguing with his chat and doing damage control and I watched him for a couple of minutes today and he was talking about how upset and emotionally draining this is which is funny but also sad.

There are so many content creator and streamer types who got owned by Destiny 2. Mostly that’s funny but yeah it’s a bit sad because in the late stage capitalism service economy I don’t like to see people get owned out of a living for any reason tbqh

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Like, this dude actually has a pretty good take here. He’s got an annoying intro because he’s got both a YouTube inflection and a Canadian accent but he’s one of the guys who would always get invited to the official Bungie events and competitions.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rRNAyUlihus

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Like, this dude actually has a pretty good take here. He’s got an annoying intro because he’s got both a YouTube inflection and a Canadian accent but he’s one of the guys who would always get invited to the official Bungie events and competitions.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rRNAyUlihus

"Look at this guy's name. That.. that right there is creativity to the maximum, folks."

*looks at the name and it may as well have been cvnvcnv

Son of a bitch :saddowns:

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

What was that thing recently where YouTube changed its terms to monetize less people? Or I guess just have an excuse to more finely control who they like?

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Waffle House posted:

What was that thing recently where YouTube changed its terms to monetize less people? Or I guess just have an excuse to more finely control who they like?

I think it's related to that guy poking fun at a suicide victim he found in a forest and monetizing the video and YouTube's response was to introduce much stricter requirements for partnership rather than actually addressing issues with popular content creators who expose kids to content like that. It's hosed up but then PewDiePie has gotten away with some bad stuff as well and the consequences only ever affect smaller channels and people trying to get started.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

SUNKOS posted:

I think it's related to that guy poking fun at a suicide victim he found in a forest and monetizing the video and YouTube's response was to introduce much stricter requirements for partnership rather than actually addressing issues with popular content creators who expose kids to content like that. It's hosed up but then PewDiePie has gotten away with some bad stuff as well and the consequences only ever affect smaller channels and people trying to get started.

Ew. Okay yeah I can kiiiinda see why they changed that, assuming there’s not other reasons that precipitated such a thing as well, and also can entiiiirely see why people with monetized channels are antsy and upset.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

SUNKOS posted:

It's older than that, the keyword to google for is "adpocalypse". It was supposed to be an effort to let advertisers control which videos their ads get associated with, to demonetize nazis and other people who really make youtube look bad in the media. But it ended up hitting a lot of relatively benign gaming videos as well.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

haveblue posted:

It's older than that, the keyword to google for is "adpocalypse".

Wasn't that after one of PewDiePie's screw-ups?

I think YouTube also banned people from linking to Patreon pages in video descriptions as well which seems like a mean thing to do since I'd assume the people doing so were in need of the additional revenue stream. Another thing that doesn't affect big established channels but really hurts people trying to get started or have smaller but dedicated audiences.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

haveblue posted:

It's older than that, the keyword to google for is "adpocalypse". It was supposed to be an effort to let advertisers control which videos their ads get associated with, to demonetize nazis and other people who really make youtube look bad in the media. But it ended up hitting a lot of relatively benign gaming videos as well.
No, the latest thing is anyone with less than 1000 subscribers and some number of hours viewed can't monetise at all, the tools are all being taken away. The top tier of YouTubers now need their videos reviewed by a real person before they can monetise, but the scrub tier (well, not scrub anymore apparently) is still handled by algorithms.

It's going to be a lot harder for new YouTube stars to rise, now, because you can't rely on earning anything until you hit 1000.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
Maybe they should just design an algorithm that can tell the difference between literal nazis and people who say the word "gently caress".

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
They insinuated that the next expansion might be coming out close to the end of the year, lol

“The rest of the crew you ask? Oh, they’re just hard at work on super exciting new content to put smiles on all your faces before the year is out...”

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
That sandbox “update” was some of the most condescending gobbledegook they’ve ever posted and is probably the first time one of their weekly posts has ever made me mad

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Sandbox loves you!

Sandbox needs a hug...

Sandbox loves you!

Sandbox needs a hug...

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
Lmao

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
lol this gif is 2 years old

https://i.imgur.com/T7ZcSyC.gifv

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
weisnewski's in charge of the exotic rebalance, fuckin lmao rip everything that doesnt wipe your rear end for you like the colony

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Angry Walrus posted:

weisnewski's in charge of the exotic rebalance, fuckin lmao rip everything that doesnt wipe your rear end for you like the colony

lol there is no reason to use exotic weapons in D2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

hiddenriverninja posted:

lol there is no reason to use exotic weapons in D2

The colony is the exception and it’s real good

I like my rear end wiped