Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Well, one of them is a PSP game, technically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Saint Freak posted:

Those are the 10 vita games that exist, yes.

Without anime tits at least.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The US list is a little different but still you'd think Miku or Danganronpa or something would make the top 10

(battlefront 2 is a psp game from 2009)

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
At least Salt and Sanctuary made it on there. It's super good.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

I know it's only #10, but the idea that ANYBODY is buying Playstation All Stars Battle Royals in 2017 is frankly insane

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Spoderman posted:

I know it's only #10, but the idea that ANYBODY is buying Playstation All Stars Battle Royals in 2017 is frankly insane

If Knack can get a sequel because it was a meme, I believe All Stars can sell a couple more copies from people joking about an All Stars 2 being made.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

The US list is a little different but still you'd think Miku or Danganronpa or something would make the top 10

I wouldn't think that

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

If you're utterly new to the series, which one of the 3 is the best?

e&l

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Saoshyant posted:

Neither. Get Totori, Ayesha, or Escha&Logy. The best ones.

Totori is super good, I never played one of these before and wasn't really sure what to expect but it by far exceeded whatever expectations I did have in every way. I know that doesn't make logical sense but you know what I mean. Great game.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

If you're utterly new to the series, which one of the 3 is the best?

Any is fine. You can probably pick based on characters.

Totori is an adorable little lady who wants to find her long missing adventurer mom.

Ayesha is an older lady who wants to make drugs herbal recepies for her good friends and maybe find her younger sister out there.

Escha and Logy are two cool cats who work hard for the state as alchemists and occasionally take balloon rides.

Time management (as in, events happen in specific dates) is a bit more annoying with Totori and Ayesha. Battle system is a bit more developed with E&L. Alchemy (gathering and synthesizing items) is the big part of all three games.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
E&L it is then. Thank you both!

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Spoderman posted:

Judging by the number of old games on the list you'd need to sell about 10 units in the US to get that position over a year.

FiestaDePantalones
May 13, 2005

Kicked in the pants by TFLC
Haven't touched my vita in probably a little over a year, has any more cool stuff happened with the homebrew scene? I'm still on 3.60 and did some henkaku stuff back in the day, is there a decent write up of what I should do to get it up to date? I'm a bit scared to enable wifi in the current state.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

You can turn on WiFi, just sign out of PSN in the settings first before you do it to be safe. There's a homebrew app called ReLink that will let you connect to consoles for remote play since not being signed into PSN breaks that otherwise.

Running henkaku (or the permanent Enso version, which is the same thing but better since it persists through reboots and you should probably just switch to that) you can also get adapters now to use microSD cards as memory cards, which makes mass storage nice and cheap.

There's a plug-in that lets you connect to PSN again and download your legally purchased/PS+ titles but you still can't run anything that needs 3.61+, and to be honest it doesn't seem to be worth the risk of getting your account banned from your other Sony consoles since if you own the game anyway you might as well just grab the :filez: version and live in a moral grey area. It also doesn't seem to work 100% of the time and so is probably tripping all kinds of checks on their end for modded consoles.

Other than a big database of :filez: stuff for anything that requires 3.60 or lower, it's pretty much just emulation up to psx although some guy is working on an OpenGL implementation that might lead to N64/Saturn/Dreamcast someday.

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Jan 9, 2018

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Hello, there's nothing "morally grey" about downloading a thing you own, onto a thing you own.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It probably says in the fine print somewhere that you only own a license to download and run your game on unmodified original hardware or something, IANAL.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

Truga posted:

Hello, there's nothing "morally grey" about downloading a thing you own, onto a thing you own.

This is a common misconception, it is illegal to make backups of movies and such to share and use on other devices. Also in some countries, it's illegal to sell digital content like downloaded games because they don't exist, and you don't legally own them.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
It might be illegal in lovely places because of lovely laws put in place by lovely corporations, but there's absolutely nothing morally grey about it.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

there is a big difference between a legal grey area and a moral grey area

though I'm sure every Vita owner is well aware of this

FiestaDePantalones
May 13, 2005

Kicked in the pants by TFLC
Did playing backups of psp games get any better or is that still a crapshoot with adrenaline (which never worked for me)?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Megalixir posted:

This is a common misconception, it is illegal to make backups of movies and such to share and use on other devices.

also a common misconception! it is legal to make digital backups of your movies and games. however, using most ripping software to bypass copy protection is not.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

FiestaDePantalones posted:

Did playing backups of psp games get any better or is that still a crapshoot with adrenaline (which never worked for me)?

It works just fine now, just like a psp inside my vita. You have to make sure to edit the config.txt or it acts out.

I sort of regret buying 90% of the vita library now that I have a 128gb micro sd card in my hacked vita.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
GameStop has some good deals on used vita games with the dumb club thing

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

im playing hyperdimension neptunia

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

John Romero posted:

Good.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've been playing Trails of Cold Steel finally after buying it on sale ages ago and never being in the mood to start it. Also I picked up a used copy of Project Diva X after Future Tone turned me into a Miku Freak but I don't like it as much as FT. The structured events and area crystals are an alright idea but there's only 25 songs and like half of them aren't great so it's a pretty whack collection all told. Glad I got it for 15 bucks instead of retail price, but I hope there's a happy fusion of the story stuff in this and the arcade power of FT in the near future, whenever Sega puts out a new Miku game.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Apparently Atelier Shallie was my most played Vita game of last year at 35 hours. I'm not sure that I like the fact Sony sent me an email to tell me that.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Are these emails US only or something

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It contains a link to the US site and looks like a targeted link. There doesn't appear to be a way to manipulate the URL.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

John Romero posted:

Which one

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

the first one

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Please tell me it's Rebirth 1 and not the actual first Nep

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Has anyone had an issue on their Vita of the memory card frequently being 'removed', despite not actually being removed? I'll grab my system out of my bag to play it and at least once or twice a week, it'll have booted back to the menu with that message, losing progress in a game I'm playing. Then I'll need to pull the card out and put it back in, then restart the system, to actually have it recognize the card.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

kirbysuperstar posted:

Please tell me it's Rebirth 1 and not the actual first Nep

I am ashamed to admit that I am the owner of the original Hyperdimension Neptuina special edition for PS3.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Morpheus posted:

Has anyone had an issue on their Vita of the memory card frequently being 'removed', despite not actually being removed? I'll grab my system out of my bag to play it and at least once or twice a week, it'll have booted back to the menu with that message, losing progress in a game I'm playing. Then I'll need to pull the card out and put it back in, then restart the system, to actually have it recognize the card.

Is it a 64 gb card? I had that happen when mine started to go out. That or the reader is going out.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
64GB has two manufacturers and I think the Asia/China model was most affected by the faulty units.

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008

TheCenturion posted:

I am ashamed to admit that I am the owner of the original Hyperdimension Neptuina special edition for PS3.

Not only do I also own one of these, but I played and finished the game. And even spent money on DLC characters because it was impossible to beat otherwise.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
One of these days I'm going to play original Atelier Rorona, original Neptunia, and Sonic 2006.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dehry posted:

One of these days I'm going to play original Atelier Rorona, original Neptunia, and Sonic 2006.

Original Neptunia has free DLC that provides post-game super weapons. Since they're in dungeon chests and you can save anywhere, you can walk and save, walk and save until you locate the chest, resetting anytime you get into a battle. Getting the weapons completely trivializes the rest of the game. It's probably the least painful of the three games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

KariOhki posted:

Not only do I also own one of these, but I played and finished the game. And even spent money on DLC characters because it was impossible to beat otherwise.

I got the platinum trophy. Not only is the game a mess on its own but I managed to softlock the game under at least 3 different sets of circumstances, and at one point I straight up hardlocked the console.