Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Equate
Nov 11, 2011

Galarox posted:

A question for EU goons - how is the lag/connection to the NA server from this side of the pond? I watched some of Camaro Racers vids and I could defo hear EU accents so there are some of us on there, but my connection is not fibre, so not the fastest.

I play on EU even though I am NA, so if you want a group I can at least vouch for you in Vanirs, this isn't a Goon Group, but they have some of the best, if not the best lancers on EU. Their core members are really really good at pvp and hold training's regularly during the week. I created a character on the NA server for pvp on US time zone, joined the Blood Vikings since we where all apart of the Blood Pact in closed/open beta. I have yet to ride out and say hello to the NA goons yet, Luckily I got my character Don Quixote. Killing Chinese is so much fun. I think we do about 1-2 raids a night down there, I have many many heads of the Chinese and all the loot (lovely loot).

To answer your question, I have a 200~ ms ping on EU and on NA 80~. I noticed right off the bat how my hits and lancing felt. Archery can be utilized on both servers if that is your thing, there is about a half a second different in melee. Up to you, play with who you feel you will stick with, and enjoy playing, this game is group oriented.

Equate fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jan 18, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

You chose wisely throwing in with BV, they are some of our closest allies.

Equate
Nov 11, 2011

Justin Tyme posted:

You chose wisely throwing in with BV, they are some of our closest allies.

I know, when I found out Goons came to this game on the NA server I asked to see if any of the Blood Pact went to NA. Ya'll made a good choice :D

Aydjile
Oct 13, 2013

Survive Adapt Improve

Kimsemus posted:

A few helpful protips for new players using the interface:

you forgot that alt-left click will stack items. (and ruin quality of top items down to majority's average)

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Quality fan art :v:

Equate
Nov 11, 2011

Bobik - Today at 4:55 PM
@everyone Just FYI, we've banned 20 accounts (mostly on Buyan) who exploited a recently fixed bug with booster bonus stacking during lagging servers. Our thanks to some good and honest players who had reported this bug instead of exploiting it!(edited)

So uhh... who got banned? Rather.. which one of you guys got banned?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
another episode of "lets ban people for something that's easily attributable to ignorance or doing it cause someone told you about it"

also my money is on forge spilling the beans again

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
lol if you're trying to take some kind of moral high ground about how we played this lovely dirt farmer game

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jan 19, 2018

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PMush Perfect posted:

lol if you're trying to take some kind of moral high ground about how we played this lovely dirt farmer game

lol if ur a shitbag hiding behind lol just lol my friend lol forever

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
wow holy poo poo did they really ban people for pressing a button like 10 times during a lag spike?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

wow holy poo poo did they really ban people for pressing a button like 10 times during a lag spike?

no, they banned people who allegedly weaponized it

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Jan 19, 2018

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
I don't understand your image macros

but they're probably stupid

hth

Pale Peril
Jun 21, 2015

The engineering of consent is the very essence of the democratic process, the freedom to persuade and suggest.
- Edward Bernays

Tortured By Flan

Kimsemus posted:

hth

The last one is from The Handmaid's Tale. :j:

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

PMush Perfect posted:

Alt + F4 immediately and dramatically improves the game. Recommended 100%

Delete Local Content was the most compelling part of the game for me. The post-game Request Refund content was less satisfying, mostly because they didn't give me my money back.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kimsemus posted:

hth

tell us more about how you are frank underwood

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
he has the effete southern accent down at least

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I see we're well into the meltdown stage of this fine MMO.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Stanley Pain posted:

I see we're well into the meltdown stage of this fine MMO.

Counterpoint: The guild is now larger than it's ever been and we pretty much control an entire quadrant of the map almost uncontested. There is more gear than we can store and PVP is pretty much 24/7

ty god bless

ex:

badmans build a base

goons decide to chill in base :v:

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jan 19, 2018

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Autism is a helluva drug mate :lsd: :D

forge
Feb 26, 2006

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

another episode of "lets ban people for something that's easily attributable to ignorance or doing it cause someone told you about it"

also my money is on forge spilling the beans again

I haven't played in 2-3 weeks, after I got banned the first time. But I won't be shocked to be banned again.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

We're now probationary members of FU and the Chinese guilds are beginning to encroach on our part of the world, things are heating up and there's never been a better time to join. We got the gear, the food, the skills, the base- all we need are more troops!

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Time for splinter goon guilds and fishing treaties.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
So grease told some dude in fu about hax and got a bunch of dudes banned.. wow. Haven't laughted this hard in a while. Also bobik writing a script to catch chewy. I almost feel like..

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
It's a shame this game is more about writing scripts to auto attack a training dummy than it is about actually doing fun things. The PvP death penalty is literally just more hours of scripted grinding, and with the devs patching out the skill gain exploit, the whole thing is made even more plodding, dull, and empty.

Why PvP if a stray arrow can delete 8 hours of skill grinding? Why raid other players if we already have everything and don't need anything more? Why leave the base if the vast majority of skills can be capped by auto-clicking the same square over and over and over? Why play the game if there's no reason to leave the base?

forge
Feb 26, 2006

Justin Tyme posted:

probationary members

"I know these dudes, i played with them in another lovely game. We should move down here so we can be bros with these guys I know. OK well lets join their alliance."

they can get hosed.. probationary members lol. Do we have to come to at least 2 raids a week or we're out?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

boho posted:

It's a shame this game is more about writing scripts to auto attack a training dummy than it is about actually doing fun things. The PvP death penalty is literally just more hours of scripted grinding, and with the devs patching out the skill gain exploit, the whole thing is made even more plodding, dull, and empty.

Why PvP if a stray arrow can delete 8 hours of skill grinding? Why raid other players if we already have everything and don't need anything more? Why leave the base if the vast majority of skills can be capped by auto-clicking the same square over and over and over? Why play the game if there's no reason to leave the base?

As long as you don't poo poo-tank your alignment by random murder, you actually don't lose anything when you die. Random ganking of neutrals/"innocent" players is completely okay, you just have to accept the eventual consequences of doing it too much

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

forge posted:

So grease told some dude in fu about hax and got a bunch of dudes banned.. wow. Haven't laughted this hard in a while. Also bobik writing a script to catch chewy. I almost feel like..

That is 100% not how it went down, that's not how a bunch of dudes got banned. They knew about the exploit because several other groups independently discovered it, who knows what led the devs to ban the people they banned because it was scattershot as gently caress.

forge posted:

"I know these dudes, i played with them in another lovely game. We should move down here so we can be bros with these guys I know. OK well lets join their alliance."

they can get hosed.. probationary members lol. Do we have to come to at least 2 raids a week or we're out?

oh I'm sorry I forgot nobody wants to pvp or anything with the cool people we like to pvp with who have the same enemies we do with absolutely no requirement other than don't trade with alliance enemies :psyduck:

Justin Tyme fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jan 19, 2018

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Justin Tyme posted:

That is 100% not how it went down, that's not how a bunch of dudes got banned. They knew about the exploit because several other groups independently discovered it, who knows what led the devs to ban the people they banned because it was scattershot as gently caress.

On this point I disagree:

Their targeting was pretty pointed

I would argue they knew where and how to look, once it was explained how to duplicate to a third party.

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jan 19, 2018

forge
Feb 26, 2006
other than being a probationary member.. besides that yeah.. totally.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Kimsemus posted:

On this point I disagree:

Their targeting was pretty pointed

I would argue they knew where and how to look, once it was explained how to duplicate to a third party.

iirc it was being discussed on reddit too though

Sapphira
Apr 7, 2006
So what's the best way to get a decent amount of money (like 1 silver) as a fairly new player?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
forge poo poo talking after he immediately ran and told devs about teleport hacking the first chance he got lmao

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Sapphira posted:

So what's the best way to get a decent amount of money (like 1 silver) as a fairly new player?

Are you in Detroit, why do you need money and the answer is sell poo poo to the crown at a trading post if you aren't in detroit

Sapphira
Apr 7, 2006

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

Are you in Detroit, why do you need money and the answer is sell poo poo to the crown at a trading post if you aren't in detroit

Nah, I play on EU servers with some friends. Yeah, I get the selling thing but lugging building logs from the not cleared out area around town takes a while

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Simple padded caps sell for a lot of money for little resource or skill, try that.

Sapphira
Apr 7, 2006

Justin Tyme posted:

Simple padded caps sell for a lot of money for little resource or skill, try that.

Right, I'll try that. Thanks! :D

forge
Feb 26, 2006

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

forge poo poo talking after he immediately ran and told devs about teleport hacking the first chance he got lmao

I had to tell them about the guild take over poo poo so they would fix our standings not teleport hack. Get the story straight.

astropika
Jul 5, 2007
no, not really

forge posted:

I had to tell them about the guild take over poo poo so they would fix our standings not teleport hack. Get the story straight.

Guess what they didn't do.

edit: honestly it's not so bad being at war with everyone.

astropika fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jan 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
I feel like I'm going to regret buying this.