Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
oh god, i just got through the first level in DD and i lost dismas because griffin got abusive.

i can already tell this is gonna consume me like xcom. what have i done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Vikar Jerome posted:

oh god, i just got through the first level in DD and i lost dismas because griffin got abusive.

i can already tell this is gonna consume me like xcom. what have i done.
At first I thought you were taking about Dragon’s Dogma and I was so confused but intrigued. Anyway Dragon’s Dogma should be on the Switch too like it should be on everything.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i didn't think i'd have interest in darkest dungeon but the x-com comparisons have me intrigued.

is it basically XCom Lovecraft? because that poo poo strongly appeals

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Genesis_Smash/status/954141356410089472

Not the best font choice.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

alf_pogs posted:

i didn't think i'd have interest in darkest dungeon but the x-com comparisons have me intrigued.

Kind of. There's no map, its turn based and party based like an old Final Fantasy more than that. The comparisons come from the perma-death aspect etc.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Back when Mario and Sonic first appeared together (now that I think about it it was a loooong time ago) people were like “Nintendo Genesis lol” and well here we are.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Man, I got extremely confused for a few minutes before I figured this out.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Rexroom posted:

Another creative tool coming in Spring: Korg Gadget. A music tool that features... multiplayer?

Holy poo poo this owns

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Fancy Hat! posted:

Is the DLC Character Class worth the 4$? Must be pretty powerful.

Also people are saying DONT buy the DLC if its your first time because it makes the main game harder from the start, yeah?

Should I skip on the "Ancient Edition" with the DLC added? Or is there an option to not activate the DLC?

When you start a new game you can select exactly which parts of the DLC you want to turn off, and you can activate them at any time during your game. My first attempt I had the Crimson Court turned on but it felt too overwhelming so I eventually restarted and kept it off. When I got near the end I turned it back on, but unfortunately the structure of the Crimson Court stuff makes it pretty tedious to try and do at the end of the game. It's probably something best saved for a second playthrough where you're more comfortable with the game and willing to take on the extra mechanics from the beginning.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

alf_pogs posted:

I'm a huge XCom fan and I thought Darkest Dungeons was pretty garbage. I love tough strategy games but DD is way too far on the grindy side of things, without enough tactical decision making to make things interesting. Sure there are difficult decisions to make, but it feels more like a choose your own adventure decision than a shoot the sectopod or the gatekeeper decision. And DDs decisions become pretty stale 10 hours in, with lots of upgrading for barely noticeable numbers, which is coincidentally only a fraction of the way in. You will be visiting the same dungeon over and over to get your dudes past a minimum level requirement, rinse wash repeat. The difficulty is also super overrated, as someone who has done legendary ironman of both xcoms.

I hated Darkest Dungeon, especially because it has its reputation. To be fair though I played before radiation mode and it seems like that would have fixed at least some of my issues.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Does DD still give a bunch of garbage rear end accessories that you'll never want to use, and if you ever DO find one that doesn't come with a crippling downside you then don't want to put the person holding it to the inn because they'll lose the item or gamble it away?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I’m confused what is this?

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I hate the jump rope in Mario Odyssey. Hate hate hate

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I’m confused what is this?

Genesis is a fighting game tournament. Basically means Nintendo gave them a sack of money to get Pokken and Splatoon onto their games list alongside the 3 versions of Smash (Melee, Brawl, Wii U).

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
All the money that they paid could have been spent on paying one programmer to do some balance changes in Smash 4

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So is Amazon not offering the Prime Discount on Labo?

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Bleck posted:

All the money that they paid could have been spent on paying one programmer to do some balance changes in Smash 4

why spend money on something no one cares about? better spent towards porting smash 4 to switch (which costs a lot more probably)

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

gmq posted:

Figuring out the talkatoo glitch is way more satisfying than pressing A one hundred times

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

gmq posted:

Do it with the joycons attached to the switch. I tried over and over with the pro controller, got it first try in hand held mode. Might be a bit of input delay.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

njsykora posted:

Genesis is a fighting game tournament. Basically means Nintendo gave them a sack of money to get Pokken and Splatoon onto their games list alongside the 3 versions of Smash (Melee, Brawl, Wii U).

The third Smash is SSB64, not Brawl. Nobody likes competitive Brawl. I'm surprised they didn't announce it until now, the event starts tomorrow.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

gmq posted:

Do it on the scooter friend.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
How many four player games on the store can be played with four joy con bits? Do a lot of the need four pro controller s?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Astro7x posted:

So is Amazon not offering the Prime Discount on Labo?

I can't say yes for sure. But they're now finally showing the Prime discount on Bayonetta 1+2 this week after not showing it the past couple months.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

How many four player games on the store can be played with four joy con bits? Do a lot of the need four pro controller s?

Or... a GameCube adaptor

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

gmq posted:

play in handheld mode, and especially not with pro controller since the button has more "throw" to it before recognizing the push.

THE loving MOON posted:

The robot thing probably isn't going to have enough meat to justify $80 to me, but it sure is cool. I wonder if there's room to try the whole strings->feet/arms thing in a dedicated peripheral. Hard to see it really being useful outside of really specific contexts though. It might be a good way to limit motion in a physical way in VR without having to recalibrate your controls all the time.

Ya, it is pricey. I wouldn't mind a Pacific Rim game using a robot suit....

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
A game where you become the giant Robot.

The Giant Famicom Robot. You are a gigantic R.O.B. working at a shipping factory and must load and unload everything off the ships.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
I would buy a Toy-Con ROB.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So for the Labo robot I can’t tell is the switch screen up in the visor/face area?

[Ed] no. Found pics

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Feenix posted:

So for the Labo robot I can’t tell is the switch screen up in the visor/face area?

[Ed] no. Found pics

Doesn't seem to be. Looks like the left Con is on the side of the visor for head tracking.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
The secret to jump rope is hitting the jump button

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

gently caress, I was pressing the rope button

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

I was thirty seconds from buying minecraft to play with my son then checked to see if it could use a split joycon for multiplayer and found out that minecraft would be like 100+ if we wanted to play together.

I bought golf story to play by myself instead

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

https://twitter.com/Kirby25thJP/status/954187741520052224

Heavy cartoon artstyle is amazing.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Something weird fell from the sky. Guess I better go beat up a tree

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Recent scans show that some powers can double up like 64 (double umbrella etc)

Also returning via Artist is the fridge

Bongo Bill posted:

Something weird fell from the sky. Guess I better go beat up a tree

Whispy deserves it

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Why can't I play Rhythm Heaven on my Switch™ yet :(

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

repiv posted:

Why can't I play Rhythm Heaven on my Switch™ yet :(
There are like fifty DS and 3DS games I so very much want to play on a non-tiny non-lovely screen.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

its nearly the weekend and hoo boy am i gonna play some nintendo games on my nintendo switch i tell you what

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Mixing powers like in Kirby 64? Yeah that's gonna be a day one purchase for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Al Borland Corp. posted:

gently caress, I was pressing the rope button

Only registered members can see post attachments!

• Locked thread