Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

ask in clan chat or something for a copy of hunter's adrenaline. most people who were around for the plague star event should have like 20 of the drat things. it or rage make all the difference in the world for certain frames.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Steve has shown up on-stream visibly drunk more than once, why in the world would I need to make anything up :confused:

The fact that you think this is a refutation of anything I said kind of makes my point for me. That being: you don't know what the development environment is like at DE and making unsubstantiated assertions about it and then saying something that essentially means "well that's naive of you but I know the reality" makes you look dumb. That's what I'm saying. Don't be dumb, be cool instead! You certainly have the capacity for coolness, look at your sweet rear end avatar!

AttackBacon fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jan 18, 2018

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games

Berke Negri posted:

that said de seem like pretty swell folks

Agree, they seem pretty great from my experience. The "harsh but true knowledge" comments in this thread doesn't jive with what I see and the game seems to have done pretty well I guess despite the disaster painted for us. It is one of the most fun games I've spent time playing so they are obviously doing something right. I'll never understand the folks who, on one hand, display such aggressive vitriol and, on the other, keep playing the game. I don't get it but whatever. I'm having fun.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I just want Steve to make vacuum universal. Swallow your pride ffs.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

And Tyler Too! posted:

I just want Steve to make vacuum universal. Swallow your pride ffs.

They actually did add universal vacuum, it's just that its range is about six inches further than the regular pick up range so it's almost impossible to notice it. :toot:

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Make unairu school popular: waybound skill Void vacuum.

edit: The real answer is that it should have been universal with the current range a sentinel gives you since the very beginning. people who want to conserve energy (????) and ammo (!!???) be damned.

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
Thanks for all the information on scaling enemy levels folks, finally got to MR 6 and am starting on a Soma which will hopefully be a neat/fun/good upgrade over my grakata. Is there an xbox clan hiding out somewhere? I'd love to play with some other Goons even if my choice in console was suboptimal.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
They refused to name names, but there's apparently some other members of the staff that are super against a practical sized universal vacuum. :iiam:

One of the dev arguments was that it would devalue our interactions with the environment. Considering I run a sentinel 24/7 and love going mach 2 with volt, I'm not sure how much more I can ignore the tilesets.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!
Nova wormholes is another great way to ignore the tile set and lvl design. If we're brainstorming ways to ignore stuff. Limbo and Loki make the world look odd so blurring is another good way to get around without appreciating the sights.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if you play nezha you get intimately acquainted with the tilesets, or at least the tiny corners you slide into and get stuck in.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Sarsapariller posted:

Thank you, this is very helpful. I think my problem on pretty much all my warframes right now is that I don't have rage or hunter adrenaline. Abilities are a lot harder to use when regen is random from drops, some more consistency would be great.

I'm gonna find you ingame and slap you with your own hands until you take a free copy of all the cool kids mods

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless
Malachite has had his theory of Steve being a villain mastermind bent on ruining the fun of every player for years now. There is no need to construct the workings of some diabolical master plan.

So on the subject of Nekros’ ult - this was posted today.

https://twitter.com/rebbford/status/954095304948834304

I don’t really play Nekros and will not vouch one way or the other, and DE has lacked understanding of their own game in the past. Still curious to see how the initial hypothesis was tested though.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
Vacuum doesn’t even pick up some of the stuff you want to interact with anyway (eg ayatan sculptures).

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Rainuwastaken posted:

I'm gonna find you ingame and slap you with your own hands until you take a free copy of all the cool kids mods

Thank you for all your help yesterday! Glad to be done with that Raptor slog. I'm gonna get on in a few hours and do some e-begging for mods.

NumptyScrub
Aug 22, 2004

damn it I think the mirrors broken >˙.(

Deofuta posted:

Thanks for all the information on scaling enemy levels folks, finally got to MR 6 and am starting on a Soma which will hopefully be a neat/fun/good upgrade over my grakata. Is there an xbox clan hiding out somewhere? I'd love to play with some other Goons even if my choice in console was suboptimal.

There is no specific xbox goon clan, but I've got one with everything except Hema researched and only me left regularly playing. GT: NumptyScrub

I play EU hours so tend to log off around 01:00 UTC, if you see me on nudge me and I'll send an invite. Also happy to taxi if you need to farm stuff but haven't unlocked somewhere yet.

Flopstick
Jul 10, 2011

Top Cop
I'm curious: how do you trigger warframe abilities on the Xbox version? The controllers don't have a touchpad, do they? And no keyboard, so...?

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Coldbird posted:

So on the subject of Nekros’ ult - this was posted today.

https://twitter.com/rebbford/status/954095304948834304

I don’t really play Nekros and will not vouch one way or the other, and DE has lacked understanding of their own game in the past. Still curious to see how the initial hypothesis was tested though.

I hadn't even heard of this until I read attack bacon complaining the other day about nekros needing a rework.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Dreadwroth posted:

Hey man Steve like tried to play the game, he was just terrible and gave up. It dosent help that Conclave is terrible and not fun, they should be happy anyone is even bothering with it.

Conclave is so bad, even Tesshin was out looking for Quests he could be involved with...

NumptyScrub
Aug 22, 2004

damn it I think the mirrors broken >˙.(

Flopstick posted:

I'm curious: how do you trigger warframe abilities on the Xbox version? The controllers don't have a touchpad, do they? And no keyboard, so...?

RB plus face button (A, B, X or Y) on the scheme I use. So A jumps, or RB+A does power 1. They use the same scheme on the PC if you plug in an xbox controller, IIRC. It's probably similar on the playstation e.g. R1 plus face button.

At some point I need to hit MR2 on the PC version just so I can come see the goon dojo for myself :D

Sternieliscious
Sep 21, 2014

Dynas: Tea warrior

Flopstick posted:

As a steam controller player, the shoulder buttons bring up a modifier for the A/B/X/Y buttons when using a gamepad profile. I presume it's the same for the Xbox.

Edit: Beaten to it.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Conclave is so bad, even Tesshin was out looking for Quests he could be involved with...

You should have seen the original "PVP VISION(tm)" they made. It's a lovely MOBA about fighting for tax money.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The Goon Dojo is extremely powerful and shows our commitment to honor and dignity.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Newbie Update: I'm ready to get MR 2 in a couple of hours and I got a Rhino component cooking in the oven. I guess I'm on my way. I also got pointed towards cool promo codes for a free Heat Sword and Vectis. Much as I love some good archery poo poo good god does this sniper rifle feel so much better. Presumably because all the MK-1 weapons are trash. I know I'll still have to go back and master it to 30 though. I don't wanna.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I still can't believe they took Sniper Rifles, the joke weapon category, and then suddenly made them fun and good.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Newbie Update: I'm ready to get MR 2 in a couple of hours and I got a Rhino component cooking in the oven. I guess I'm on my way. I also got pointed towards cool promo codes for a free Heat Sword and Vectis. Much as I love some good archery poo poo good god does this sniper rifle feel so much better. Presumably because all the MK-1 weapons are trash. I know I'll still have to go back and master it to 30 though. I don't wanna.

Bows are Strong and are my good friends. You'll eventually get Dread from a dude you meet and proceed to slice lines of dudes in half. Paris Prime is strong and last I checked pretty cheap. Rakta Cernos can be given to you by a friendly goon when you hit the required MR and it shoots insanely fast and occasionally explodes entire rooms for you.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

The Lenz is my favorite "bow."

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

i had no idea who tesshin was supposed to be. he showed up talking like he was a lifelong trusted ally even though i had never entered the relay conclave room for obvious reasons.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i had no idea who tesshin was supposed to be. he showed up talking like he was a lifelong trusted ally even though i had never entered the relay conclave room for obvious reasons.

This happened to me with Alad V. I started about six months ago, so prior to The Second Dream he was a guy on Jupiter who I had seen for about a quarter second in a cutscene before someone skipped it and one shot him while farming neurodes.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
For your entertainment, I submit the following Play In Two Acts

I love this stupid goddamned game, it takes a pretty wonderful game to make accidentally blowing yourself up into a positive experience.

Magres fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jan 19, 2018

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

turn off the TV posted:

This happened to me with Alad V. I started about six months ago, so prior to The Second Dream he was a guy on Jupiter who I had seen for about a quarter second in a cutscene before someone skipped it and one shot him while farming neurodes.

once you start farming mesa, you'll hear him talk a lot more.

Boss Bee
Oct 25, 2005
Having a weird issue logging in today, once I get to the login screen I can't type or click on anything. It's as if the game is out of focus. Tried repairing install and running in full screen, but no luck.

Is there a solve for this?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

once you start farming mesa, you'll hear him talk a lot more.

I farmed Mesa with void relics.

Terminal
Feb 17, 2003
The Void

Boss Bee posted:

Having a weird issue logging in today, once I get to the login screen I can't type or click on anything. It's as if the game is out of focus. Tried repairing install and running in full screen, but no luck.

Is there a solve for this?

Disable the Discord overlay, this hit me today too. Failing that any other overlays like Steam or Geforce.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I just started playing this on PS4, can someone add me to the clan? PSN: ChromeHound47

Boss Bee
Oct 25, 2005

Terminal posted:

Disable the Discord overlay, this hit me today too. Failing that any other overlays like Steam or Geforce.

That seemed to work, thanks!

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Magres posted:

For your entertainment, I submit the following Play In Two Acts

I love this stupid goddamned game, it takes a pretty wonderful game to make accidentally blowing yourself up into a positive experience.

I can attest to this, I even ran missions with him twice yesterday!

Lenz is awesome like that.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

The Azima(?) is really cool but subpar. How does de drop the ball so often in a pve game?

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jan 19, 2018

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Not all weapons are top tier. Without the poo poo we would never learn to appreciate the gems.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there are very few innately flawed weapons nowadays. the vast majority of guns range from kinda crappy to more or less okay, and a good riven and enough forma will make them good enough to use for sorties. it's not like anyone really does content higher level than sortie 3, anyway. so if you like uh, akzani or drakgoon or something just roll with it and don't worry about always using the absolute most optimal loadout at all times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Big shoutout to Denvine for farming up my MK-1 weapons to max rank and getting me a shitton of credits to play with. Also a buncha mods from the big welcome to fucktown package.

I got all of Rhino's components in the oven as well as a Boltor and Grakata. I feel like I'm quite well on my way to doing poo poo. :unsmith: