Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Garrand posted:

I'm really looking forward to end of the year statistics on Tide related hospitalizations.

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/952222984458199040

quote:

Last year, U.S. poison control centers received reports of more than 10,500 children younger than 5 who were exposed to the capsules. The same year, nearly 220 teens were reportedly exposed, and about 25 percent of those cases were intentional, according to data from the American Association of Poison Control Centers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Phanatic posted:

"You must log in to do that."

There's pages and pages of responses like that from the official Tide twitter account.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
How and why is this suddenly a thing?! :psyduck:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Neddy Seagoon posted:

How and why is this suddenly a thing?! :psyduck:

The bright color, the firmness, the texture, the weight, you basically couldn't design something better to convince your monkey brain that the thing in your hand is a delicious fruit at the height of ripeness that should be eaten immediately.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
After that loving stupid magnet recall, maybe this will be enough to get America to collectively say "Look, if you're a loving moron I'm sorry but we are not going to issue a ban on a perfectly useful product."

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
Because teenagers are loving stupid

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

It happened because some idiot news station was all "OH MY GOD WE DON'T HAVE ANY NEWS BUT HEY LIKE FIVE OR SO KIDS DIE A YEAR FROM TIDE PODS EVERYONE PANIC!" then people started panicking and people started making fun of people panicking and now here we are with a ton more people eating pods because some dumb newscaster was bored.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

I saw somewhere that glue sniffing started that way too

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon
Wow, wait til you guys hear about the Gorilla Channel

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

That's pretty much how the satanic panic got started. Now I worship Satan.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Jeffrey Dahmer posted:

Yeah, pluto.tv actually made one after that twitter joke got passed around.

But I don't mind about that. I actually put it on from time to time.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
I'm looking forward to the Tide class action lawsuit and later introduction of the "meme evidence rule."

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Jeffrey Dahmer posted:

Prime 8 is fantastic

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I prefer Chimpin' Ain't Easy.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/sapinker/status/954059826727870464

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

fishtobaskets posted:

fishtobaskets posted:

fishtobaskets posted:

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Sorry you didn't get laid in highschool.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Super Grocery Kart posted:

Is this the actual sign? I’ve seen it multiple times now in different pictures. There’s a Smashburger in the next town over but I haven’t been by there recently.
I believe there's another sign to the left and right that aren't in frame and the thing is split across them in a weird way.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

These new hairstyles are getting weird

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Which do you think will be banned in the US first: Bump stocks, AR-15s, or Tide Pods?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Jamesman posted:

Which do you think will be banned in the US first: Bump stocks, AR-15s, or Tide Pods?

With any luck, teenagers.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Parallelolamb

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Knormal posted:

Parallelolamb

Lol

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Halloween took a dark turn for ol’ Mister Bibs

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Jamesman posted:

The right to clean clothes are not protected in the Constitution.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

This demands an Amendment!

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Bobby Digital posted:

Halloween took a dark turn for ol’ Mister Bibs

It's pretty accurate, even before I learned that my disease prevents me from eating hotdogs. Three? Damned right I'd be terrified (and Batman is a terrified child-man) of eating that much in one sitting.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Away all Goats posted:

These new hairstyles are getting weird

Yo, gimme that Olimar haircut

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Bert Roberge posted:

There's pages and pages of responses like that from the official Tide twitter account.

Not gonna lie, I'd give Laurel Slutsky my number too.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Inspector 34 posted:

Not gonna lie, I'd give Laurel Slutsky my number too.

She certain seems keen to swallow things.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Have a cat grenade

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Karate Bastard posted:

Have a cat grenade

What a sourpuss.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
Monkey Brains are easy to fool. Case in point, a Mexican (?) company that makes floor cleaner products got a lot of flak for making this:

because people kept confusing it for Gatorade or something and drinking it.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I was in a grocery store in Italy and they had sodas and lemonade right next to the liquid soap and other cleaning products. From a distance it was hard to tell which was which.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Collateral Damage posted:

From a distance it was hard to tell which was which.

Oh poo poo, that's how I make my drinking choices!

*a line of plastic bottles with colourful liquids inside appears on the ridge*
"Hmm, I'll have the tall one on the end there."

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Jamesman posted:

There’s probably been more injuries from Tide Pods than AR-15s honestly.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

chitoryu12 posted:

To be fair, AR-15s are a lot less likely to trigger your monkey brain into eating them

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Lobok posted:

Oh poo poo, that's how I make my drinking choices!

*a line of plastic bottles with colourful liquids inside appears on the ridge*
"Hmm, I'll have the tall one on the end there."

You do understand that not every product has english labels in them, and that small children cannot read, and the elderly tend to have poor vision so they cannot read the fine print?

I am 30-something guy and once thought I bought a water bottle from one Italian railway station, but the contents turned out to be some godafwul-tasting soda made from some goddamn flower petals and roots (after I googled what the gently caress it was that I took a sip of). The bottle was in the same freezer with the actual water bottles, and had a picture of snowy mountains, bubbly fountain and a patch of flowers in it, and no word besides italian in it.

I was in a hurry and just snagged the first "water bottle" I saw.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

chitoryu12 posted:

wayfinder posted:

To be fair, AR-15s are a lot less likely to trigger your monkey brain into eating them
Also there's a heck of a lot more people exposed to laundry pods every day than AR-15s so the probability that some toddler will stick one of them in their mouth is a lot higher. The guns will still be way out ahead in deaths though, I found a report from mid last year that said there'd only been 8 recorded deaths from eating laundry pods since 2012 and 6 of those were adults with dementia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

wayfinder posted:

Yeah it's really my higher brain functions that keep pushing that agenda. Monkey brain is all "nooooo there's still pizza and someone may touch your dick again someday".