Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I tuned into this live letter thing on my way to bed and that trailer, good lord.

PHANTOM TRAIN COMIN'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Nessus posted:

I tuned into this live letter thing on my way to bed and that trailer, good lord.

PHANTOM TRAIN COMIN'

Dang, i missed the trailer, should have gotten up earlier. Though I guess the trailer will go up on youtube.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

RIP another 1.0 relic

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Oh hell, they just slammed down those guys who used alts and FCs to buy up entire wards' worth of housing, one private and one fc house per world per service account.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
are you ready

to be down with the clown

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Blockhouse posted:

are you ready

to be down with the clown
dat laugh tho

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

g͓͎̣͉̘͓ͥ̏͂́ͧ̑̎è́҉t͚͎̰̫̙̒͆ͫ͒ͬ̍̽ ̭̪͗͝d̙̝̳͉̱̏͌̓̋ͦͦǒ̤̣̐̓̕w͕̜̯ͭ͆̃̓nͩ̎ͬ͆͒̇ͩ͏̭̝ ̜̮̟̖́͊ͩ͟w̩͕͕ȉ̶͚̟̬̞͛͂̇̈́t̖͙̳͉̖͕̂h̪̼͇̦̝̠ͥ̆́ ̝̺̉͒͋ẗ͉͓́̇ͬḩ̬̟̝̙͎̅e͕̙̻͉̣̯̪ͦ̿̐́̚͢ ͬ͛ͪͪͣc̤͙̟̘̺̬̝ͨ͌̋̉l̟̤̝̖̪̦̩͒͘o̵͎̩̟͌̊ͦͩ̏̆̈́w̍͛ͮ͏̟̟̣̭̱̙ͅn̰̩͋̈ͭ̄ͩ̇͗
̗̱̪̊͌͗̂

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Meanwhile Nero cements his Char status even further, and Alpha somehow got even cuter.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
Someone amassed enough Faygo to summon the Insane Clown Primal.

FortMan
Jan 10, 2012

Viva Romanesco!

So Doom Train is going to be part of Sigmascape.

That means...

There is going to be Doom Train (Savage).

Should be fun.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
FFXIV 4.2: The Phantom Train

Also, I really want that 8-bit Papaya remix.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

SL the Pyro posted:

g͓͎̣͉̘͓ͥ̏͂́ͧ̑̎è́҉t͚͎̰̫̙̒͆ͫ͒ͬ̍̽ ̭̪͗͝d̙̝̳͉̱̏͌̓̋ͦͦǒ̤̣̐̓̕w͕̜̯ͭ͆̃̓nͩ̎ͬ͆͒̇ͩ͏̭̝ ̜̮̟̖́͊ͩ͟w̩͕͕ȉ̶͚̟̬̞͛͂̇̈́t̖͙̳͉̖͕̂h̪̼͇̦̝̠ͥ̆́ ̝̺̉͒͋ẗ͉͓́̇ͬḩ̬̟̝̙͎̅e͕̙̻͉̣̯̪ͦ̿̐́̚͢ ͬ͛ͪͪͣc̤͙̟̘̺̬̝ͨ͌̋̉l̟̤̝̖̪̦̩͒͘o̵͎̩̟͌̊ͦͩ̏̆̈́w̍͛ͮ͏̟̟̣̭̱̙ͅn̰̩͋̈ͭ̄ͩ̇͗
̗̱̪̊͌͗̂

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood (2017)

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

SL the Pyro posted:

̗̱̪̊͌͗̂

I am loving Dancing Mad.

FortMan posted:

So Doom Train is going to be part of Sigmascape.

That means...

There is going to be Doom Train (Savage).

Should be fun.

Duty Action: Suplex. :pray:

HackensackBackpack fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Jan 19, 2018

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Does Kefka mock you by saying "run run or you'll be well done!" while using an attack that chases your with AoEs? This is important.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

the glamour dresser solves none of the problems of having a bunch of jobs and wanting them to have different glamour because there's only ten loving slots!!!!

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Did they entirely give up on the armoire? I haven't found anything lately that can actually go in there.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Dryzen posted:

the glamour dresser solves none of the problems of having a bunch of jobs and wanting them to have different glamour because there's only ten loving slots!!!!

He said they'll add more and also the old system will still work, but..yes. Not starting with as many slots as there are even combat jobs is uh.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

kirbysuperstar posted:

He said they'll add more and also the old system will still work, but..yes. Not starting with as many slots as there are even combat jobs is uh.

yeah this just means I won't even touch it until I can have everything I do now on the new system

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I'm hoping there's a way to take off mirage plates so that when I want to use my mch-glammed gear on my brd, I can pop on a brd-themed plate then take it off when I swap back to mch.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Aaaahhh, I missed it because I had to sleep! :supaburn:

Is there anywhere I can watch the Live Letter?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Aaaahhh, I missed it because I had to sleep! :supaburn:

Is there anywhere I can watch the Live Letter?

If you wait until it's fully finished, you should be able to access the VOD on Twitch.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Ibblebibble posted:

I'm hoping there's a way to take off mirage plates so that when I want to use my mch-glammed gear on my brd, I can pop on a brd-themed plate then take it off when I swap back to mch.

That's what I'm assuming can be done. The current system only has issues for classes that share gear. I'd bet you could macro the palette swap to the gear swap too.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I found it. Thanks everyone. There better be an ATE to suplex that train. I also wasn't expecting the original Lakshmi to show up.

Or Nero to put on his armor again. :supaburn:

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Jan 19, 2018

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

So Wind Tackle is becoming Good in a way that will probably mean you want to throw it into your opener? That's interesting.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

It's going to be quite something to see this in 3D.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Thundarr posted:

So Wind Tackle is becoming Good in a way that will probably mean you want to throw it into your opener? That's interesting.

Considering Riddle of Wind currently gets zero use (I main Monk and had to look up what it was to remind myself, it's the second (half potency) tackle under FoW), I'm actually pretty excited if they're gonna change it to give a GL stack.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Wait someone explain this glamour update to me I'm not sure I get it, also 10 outfits seems a little small but I can make it work

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Arist posted:

Wait someone explain this glamour update to me I'm not sure I get it, also 10 outfits seems a little small but I can make it work

It appears that there will be an extra armoire type thing that you can place gear into. That gear can be applied to sets that glamour over your current gear. So instead of glamouring to each individual piece of gear, the desired look goes into the dresser and applied to the "plate", you then choose the plate for whichever appearance you want.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHF-Sj640zM

I knew someone was going to do this and I'm not the least bit surprised it was Denmo.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Trailer is up for anyone interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1tABKPBlJs

Lots of interesting story stuff in this one.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Arist posted:

You can store items as glamor-only things in their own dedicated space and also store 10 pre-saved outfits.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I am actually really looking forward to the MSQ (on top of all the other amazing stuff) because it sounds interesting. The Garleans have apparently realized that since their actual problem is with the planet killing gods, they should prolly team up with the god killing catgirl. Cut down on the number of generals getting killed when on assignment.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SonicRulez posted:

I am actually really looking forward to the MSQ (on top of all the other amazing stuff) because it sounds interesting. The Garleans have apparently realized that since their actual problem is with the planet killing gods, they should prolly team up with the god killing catgirl. Cut down on the number of generals getting killed when on assignment.

They are going to betray you and/or get betrayed by a certain amnesia woman once she gets her memory and everything is going to go to poo poo, probably directly on Doma's head so they can fit a FF6 ref in and also avoid having to rebuild the Doma area in MSQ.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I kinda feel like I need to switch back to Monk so that I can properly punch a train

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

SonicRulez posted:

I was under the impression that this was tied to the side story fights with Byakko and the other such Primals, ala the Warring Triad stuff in Heavensward.

Then again, it is voice acted. :shrug:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I was under the impression that this was tied to the side story fights with Byakko and the other such Primals, ala the Warring Triad stuff in Heavensward.

Then again, it is voice acted. :shrug:

The fellow in the trailer shows up alongside Yugiri, so it's likely a part of the MSQ. They've generally started segregating the main characters so that one group (mainly Krile, Y'shtola, and Cid) only show up in side content after the initial MSQ, while the rest are solely involved in MSQ stuff. It's meant to prevent potentially weird situations where you have to go talk to someone for a piece of side content while, in the MSQ, they're supposed to be off in Sharlayan or kidnapped or whatever.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Vermain posted:

The fellow in the trailer shows up alongside Yugiri, so it's likely a part of the MSQ. They've generally started segregating the main characters so that one group (mainly Krile, Y'shtola, and Cid) only show up in side content after the initial MSQ, while the rest are solely involved in MSQ stuff. It's meant to prevent potentially weird situations where you have to go talk to someone for a piece of side content while, in the MSQ, they're supposed to be off in Sharlayan or kidnapped or whatever.

This happened to me when I completed all of stormblood and then did normal coil and found alisaie just chilling in a ARR zone not really knowing much about you. Or when I did the level 30 dragoon quest after heavensward and you see estinien giving you the coldest of shoulders when we should be bros :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

SonicRulez posted:

Surely the third fourth fifth? decorated military leader who has subjugated entire populaces with his own twisted morality will be the one to bring down the magical cat girl in a bikini who uses a sword with a moogle on it.