Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slouch
Mar 10, 2009

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

This district voted for Trump, so the Dallas Morning News clearly doesn't know what it's talking about. But the Dallas Morning News having no idea what it's talking about is not unusual.

oh poo poo it's out. nobody told me. drat that's great, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

This district voted for Trump, so the Dallas Morning News clearly doesn't know what it's talking about. But the Dallas Morning News having no idea what it's talking about is not unusual.

lol

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Post your responses

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
how about 2/1 for rounding you off to 690 and round you off to a grand if you win the primary
i hope you bought some facebook ads or some poo poo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i'm glad there are a bunch of well off goons who can donate joke amounts of money

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

bob dobbs is dead posted:

how about 2/1 for rounding you off to 690 and round you off to a grand if you win the primary
i hope you bought some facebook ads or some poo poo

seriously please don't donate to me anymore you've given way too much already. give it to a charity or someone who can make better use of it.

and yeah I'm running a bunch of ads. they seem to not get much placement though, apparently they are too text heavy. does anyone in North Texas know someone who can film and edit video? apparently video ads do well online.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

ScrubLeague posted:

Post your responses

post the questionnaire you coward

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

slouch posted:

apparently video ads do well online.

if you're posting this then you need more help with facebook ads than just "plz make me a video"

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
the FAILING dallas morning news

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

GalacticAcid posted:

the FAILING dallas morning news
that's very true actually

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

ScrubLeague posted:

post the questionnaire you coward

https://voterguide.dallasnews.com/2018-primary/races/40/#candidates=candidate-82,candidate-83

here's the page, they finally put it up. not sure why my photo is missing i will be contacting someone about that tonight

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
the Dallas Times Herald was far and away the better newspaper.

Which is why the Dallas Times Herald no longer exists.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

iirc dallas morning news is one of the worst republican rags in texas

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

whoops i accidently left some typos in some of my answers and forgot to mention that i want all weed related criminals to be let out of jail + have it expunged from their records.

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

Write a letter to the dmn letting them know that weed thing buddy

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

that's the best endorsement of a candidate I've ever read

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

quote:

Highlights of current civic involvement/accomplishment:

Laura Haines

My oldest daughter and I attended the Women's March at the Denton County Courthouse on the Square last year. The event was amazingly well attended and an inspiring experience, especially considering we were joining in solidarity with millions more around the world. I wore a pink hat a friend in Wisconsin crocheted for me, and my daughter and I both created and carried signs saying, "A Woman's Place Is In The Resistance" and "We Are The Resistance." It was right after Carrie Fisher died, so this theme of resistance and of women, specifically, participating in the resistance was prominent, and her beloved and best known character of General Leia Organa had become a symbol to many of us of hope. Having decided to become active in the Democratic party, going to local meetings and helping with phone banking, I half-jokingly called these activities my "Defense Against the Dark Arts" meetings (Harry Potter reference). Over the course of this past year, I've called my representatives near weekly, helped with Democratic booths, walked block walks for local candidates, and participated in a variety of town halls and protests, including protesting the Muslim ban /travel ban at DFW Airport, advocating for the removal of confederate monuments in downtown Dallas, and protesting the GOP plans for healthcare. I'm in the process of joining my local Toastmasters Club through Progressive Leaders of Denton County, and I am looking forward to participating in the upcoming Women's March Reunion.

political experience: star wars and harry potter lol

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
this primary couldn't draw a sharper line between two competing visions

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lol laura haines was a mccain and romney voter

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Man your answers were good as hell. Definitely focus on the younger demographics because the olds are gonna hate that poo poo, but the Dictatorship of the Teen is a powerful force.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

I'm the uncensored "gently caress" among a sea of "sh*t"s

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Dog suffrage is incredible and you need to win this

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Donated more for state weed production. Hey can you look into Corbyn's right to first refusal? Would be a killer thing to add to your platform

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

I only suggested this because you said you liked Corbyn

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

Ruzihm posted:

Donated more for state weed production. Hey can you look into Corbyn's right to first refusal? Would be a killer thing to add to your platform

the one that gives automatic ROFR rights to employees if the company tries to sell itself? it's definitely interesting. and could easily be spun as investing in the Texas economy and Texan employees. would be extremely risky at the state level though because of how easily a company could move it's headquarters out of state to avoid dealing with it.

i'll check to see if there is some kind of federal law preempting states from doing that and get back to you on it.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Ah, I was more thinking of targeting franchises in Texas that could be headquartered elsewhere, also including small businesses that are only in Texas. Maybe adding it as a provision to to whatever business license already exists (or whatever that binds local franchises to local/state regulations)? Ignore me if I'm saying something obviously dumb :buddy:

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

slouch posted:

seriously please don't donate to me anymore you've given way too much already. give it to a charity or someone who can make better use of it.

and yeah I'm running a bunch of ads. they seem to not get much placement though, apparently they are too text heavy. does anyone in North Texas know someone who can film and edit video? apparently video ads do well online.

lol this is in part to embarrass you into trying hard

no placement = video or target harder

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

slouch posted:

https://voterguide.dallasnews.com/2018-primary/races/40/#candidates=candidate-82,candidate-83

here's the page, they finally put it up. not sure why my photo is missing i will be contacting someone about that tonight

this is insanely good i feel like i need to give you more money

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Shear Modulus posted:

lol laura haines was a mccain and romney voter

Laura Haines posted:

I guess you could say both Obama and Trump helped make a Democrat out of me.

I bet you she was a solid Jeb! voter. Or maybe even a Cruz one.

Oh here's some cash btw. Doggos are people too.

The Aardvark has issued a correction as of 08:26 on Jan 20, 2018

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

ScrubLeague posted:

this is insanely good i feel like i need to give you more money

yeah holy poo poo lol ok goon i've moved from extremely on board to will literally riot if you lose, this is a phenomenal job and you deserve to win your election

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
read the voter guide
i'll round you off to $1k on 2/1 and max out my allowed contribution if you win the primary

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
ya this is outsyanding work. i'm the use of the self-censored sh*t and the unbleeped fucks. proud of u goon hope texas is lucky enough to have you represent its ppl

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
how do i volunteer 4 the campaign when u win the primary

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

imo someone needs to send this to breitbart and fox news to get some free publicity from Horrified Conservative Boomers

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
hey op have you heard of a SHIFT KEY??

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

imo someone needs to send this to breitbart and fox news to get some free publicity from Horrified Conservative Boomers

that's a good idea i sent it to the breitbart tip line

perfluorosapien
Aug 15, 2015

Oven Wrangler
Honestly love how on-point your more serious answers are in the voter guide. You're probably not that far from winning mainstream dems over. Many, many people are going to TLDR your opponent's walls of text.

The Dipshit
Dec 21, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

slouch posted:

Dear god, you have twice the specific policy discussion in half the goddamn words.

EDIT: gently caress it, you've earned my :10bux: :10bux:

The Dipshit has issued a correction as of 17:28 on Jan 20, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
Can't really say I expected to read "*massive bong rip*" in a real actual voter guide but here we are.

• Locked thread