Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Really looking forward to seeing huge piles of funkopops being unloaded for cents-per-pound because it turns out the kids they left these "collectibles" to see no value in them whatsoever. Commemorative plates for nerds, they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

TheScott2K posted:

Really looking forward to seeing huge piles of funkopops being unloaded for cents-per-pound because it turns out the kids they left these "collectibles" to see no value in them whatsoever. Commemorative plates for nerds, they are.

Commemerative plates can still be eaten off of, and depending on the celebrities face on them, for making crude jokes about their demise.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

girl pants posted:

Also apparently expects you to clean it :mad:

My[26F] friend[26F] is marrying my abusive ex[29M] for a horrible reason, what should I do?

"*I made the mistake of asking Awesome why she was marrying Douche. (In my defense we were both drunk, and in my drunken state I thought that was an ok thing to ask. It wasn't.) Her response was:"Because he's going to make a lot of money." She then went on and said how she can't do any better. Which is really unsettling because a. she is banking on Douche becoming rich and b. She didn't mention anything about loving him."

Buying Funkopops is a red flag

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

girl pants posted:

My[26F] friend[26F] is marrying my abusive ex[29M] for a horrible reason, what should I do?

Buying Funkopops is a red flag

Lol, he works as a loss prevention associate in retail. How long before he murders some kid for trying to steal a bag of skittles?

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

girl pants posted:

Having a cat is pretty much exactly like having a bad boyfriend.

- Doesn't pay rent
- Sits on the couch all day
- Largely ignores you
- Expects you to provide him with food
- Occasionally gives you small crumbs of affection which make you immediately forget all the bad stuff

Comes in late at night, thumps around the house, then comes to bed all cold and damp and yuck and still expects some lovin’....

Barudak
May 7, 2007

girl pants posted:

I know someone who did this. He ended up getting arrested for embezzlement after being given an opportunity to avoid all charges, never told his wife, and left her completely blindsided when he went to jail for half a decade and her with three kids, no money, and no job experience.

That is a best case scenario.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

TheScott2K posted:

Pretty sure Funko Corp filed for bankruptcy or is in the red pretty fierce so this is more likely than not

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

The difference between “collectors item” and “collectible” is completely lost on them so how boxes work or that cubes fit into larger cube seems too advanced.

If you say it’s a collectible it is. That way plenty of people keep them mint in box, protecting its value!!

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Good Parmesan posted:

So would you say that his attempts to rekindle with family are in vain?

Noice

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Y'all need some better cats

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
I went to garage sale that had an RB5X robot that was covered in grime and dirt and very clearly just left outside for long periods of time, it is a genuine historical artifact and it was treated like trash.

The Star Trek commemorative plates were still in the box, even the protective styrofoam still intact.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

girl pants posted:

She's 23, she probably thinks this is fixable.

Ahhh, my favorite immediate red flag phrase: "everything's great except for this one little thing".

That's how I know my wife and I are in great shape: Everything is miserable except for one or two little things.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

TheScott2K posted:

Lol if you don’t think the vast majority of that poo poo is going straight to the landfill. My only exposure to funkopop (autocorrect: funk poop) are the people in this thread destroying their relationships over plastic garbage, and I have more respect for the disowned junkie than any of them. That motherfucker is getting high at least.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
It wont be worth pennies, it will be worthless.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Someday my daughter will throw away my priceless copy of Half-Life 2: Raising the Bar

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Collect worthless shut if you truly love it but who cares about crap versions of poop characters.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

TheScott2K posted:

Someday my daughter will throw away my priceless copy of Half-Life 2: Raising the Bar

Lol our parents generation found dead Nazi's helmets when they cleaned out their parents stuff.

Our children will find the super rare version of the Funko Joker and a collection of anime tiddy magazines.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

La Brea Carpet posted:

Lol our parents generation found dead Nazi's helmets when they cleaned out their parents stuff.

Our children will find the super rare version of the Funko Joker and a collection of anime tiddy magazines.

Thats called progress

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I hope my kid recognizes my first run Fight Club 2-DVD set as the treasure that it is

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

La Brea Carpet posted:

The person who has latter two items is pretty likely to leave behind some Third Reich memorabilia as well

Lucid Nonsense
Aug 6, 2009

Welcome to the jungle, it gets worse here every day

Palpek posted:

I [25M] want to see my exgf [22f] of 3 years getting hosed by the guy [22M] she left me for

tl;dr: I personally get off to the idea of getting cheated on and cuckolded and would love to see my exgf getting hosed by the guy she left me for. Thoughts??

Here's my thought: She was right to leave you.

Lucid Nonsense fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jan 19, 2018

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Clark Nova posted:

The person who has latter two items is pretty likely to leave behind some Third Reich memorabilia as well

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

Clark Nova posted:

To my son, I bequeath my collection of rare Pepes. May they light the way for a future of shitposting I cannot even comprehend.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
The thing I don't really get about funko pops is they're so bland, ugly, and cheap looking. Like a blown up version of something you could get in one of those capsule gumball machines.

Collecting knickknacks of your favorite movie/show/game is w/e, it's not something I really do but I can see the appeal, but why not get something more interesting than a bobblehead that doesn't bobble.

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

My girlfriend has a few funkopops, but only, like, a handfull, and they seem fine?

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants
I wouldn't worry about someone with a collection of rare Pepes having a son.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I've [23F] with my boyfriend [24 M] for almost 10 years and his obsession worries me.

quote:

submitted 1 year ago by vinylfunkopops

I've been with my boyfriend for almost 10 years. As high school sweethearts that pushed through years of LDR (out of state college), I would think that we have a very strong relationship and are at the point of thinking about marriage. We both have decent jobs and I've recently moved in to his state to live with him (thank god I got the job!)

He has always liked Japanese cartoons (anime) and read/watched them ever since I've known him. Around the middle of last year (2015), he start buying the figurines and merchandise... and they're pretty costly. At first I didn't think too much of it because they were popular characters and occasionally I would recognize one. Once he started buying more and more, the figurines became younger and more risque. There were a few that I thought were illegal since the character looks so young!

I've talked to him about his obsession with the characters (females) and even tried to stop him from getting anymore. It's at the point I feel that the Japanese figurines are almost as important as me, if not even equal. He said he would stop but for the few weeks that he did, he became majorly depressed, sulked around and I just broke my heart to see him like that. Well, me being me... I just told him to do whatever as long as I don't see them (which is fairly difficult since I live with him).

I even tried to start a collection of my own to see if that would make me understand the joys of collecting something; I started buying Funko Pop!, very cute but I can't justify having so many now.

I feel like I'm being edged out of his attention span by these characters and they worry me because of their age. It's at a point that I'm scared to have kids, especially a daughter... but there's nothing illegal about what he likes and there's a huge community for it. I know he loves me very much but all of this scares me.

Even with all of this, our relationship has been stronger than ever but there's just this that is my only doubt.

Would this be because of me? I'm I not putting out enough? I worry that I'm the one not understanding something because I just get upset and angry with all of this. I've heard people say break up, but that's just out of the question for me. Is there something I can do or understand?

tl;dr: My boyfriend and maybe even future fiancee has a Japanese figurine obsession (underage females) and it scares me because he's so obsessed with them. Breaking up is not even an option for me but is there something I can do to understand?

"My boyfriend keeps spending all his money on anime pedo figurines so I decided to fight back by starting my own collection of plastic crap"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its fine, my children will inherit the only thing that will matter; land above sea level in areas where climate change will make them perfect for farming. That and a small collection of accordians.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Funko Pops are just one of those things I'll harshly judge people on, like having "wall words" in your home.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

girl pants posted:

I've [23F] with my boyfriend [24 M] for almost 10 years and his obsession worries me.

"My boyfriend keeps spending all his money on anime pedo figurines so I decided to fight back by starting my own collection of plastic crap"

Illegal usage of paranthesis, 5 yards and repeat the relationship from second base.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
Live Laugh Collect Plastic Crap

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I'll admit I found the Funko Pop of Laura Palmer's body in a plastic bag amusing.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

Its fine, my children will inherit the only thing that will matter; land above sea level in areas where climate change will make them perfect for farming. That and a small collection of accordians.

You can use the accordions to scare off looters and bears

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Baronjutter posted:

Funko Pops are just one of those things I'll harshly judge people on, like having "wall words" in your home.

Ive got wall words at my home but theyre in a foreign language and are part of my holiday decoeations. The others are of course also in a foreign language and are magic runes used to block out servants of the demon Fun’ko

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Baronjutter posted:

For me it’s the weird wine kitsch. It screams “I will be an alcoholic forever”

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

Baronjutter posted:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Oh my god ahhhhhh!!!!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I was out at an open house and the only decorative items through the entire home were dozens of statuary of various alcohol brand mascots such as a 4 foot tall Beefeater man statue in the foyer. By the time I was done touring the house I thought it best to take a walk around the block before driving my car.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I GISed "wall words" because of this thread and oh my god I'm so angry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

girl pants posted:

The best part is when she told him to stop, and he did, then when he sulked and moped like a scolded puppy she told him to go back to it.

No, the best part is her saying she doesn’t trust him around kids and somehow still needing to ask if she should break up with him.