Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

DACK FAYDEN posted:

To compensate, Hulk's out the loving window.

It's not easy being green...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

PetraCore posted:

Why is that child from the zombie thing getting married to Frodo?

nah, they're the best man and maid of honor, apparently

which, again, fuel for my "they have no actual friends" theory because why would you choose yourself a fictional wedding party if you had a real one to include in the picture with you

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

Palpek posted:

My [24F] boyfriend [26M] of one year would me like to cosplay for him as an underaged anime girl in the bedroom

:reddit:

Jesus gently caress lady, tell us the goddamn character so we can judge!

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

La Brea Carpet posted:

wisconsin_chicks.jpg

Again with the Love Actually references

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dont worry baby, they cant arrest me for my elaborately planned fantasy of killing the president with a dolphin

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

TheScott2K posted:

Again with the Love Actually references

That movie was pretty weird about America but it was even weirder about Portugal so

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Skutter posted:

How did everyone talk about nerd weddings and not post this loving picture?

I am disappointed in all of you.

I'm Hulk peering in from outside the chapel.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

loquacius posted:

nah, they're the best man and maid of honor, apparently

which, again, fuel for my "they have no actual friends" theory because why would you choose yourself a fictional wedding party if you had a real one to include in the picture with you
All the women in the wedding party are holding bouquets, I don't think that's typical? That's why it makes me think 'chain cult wedding' more than 'wedding party'.

Like sure they INTENDED something else but it comes off another way. It's okay, though, that wild Nidoking is about to loving destroy the entire place.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

La Brea Carpet posted:

My husband sold a bunch of my beer

IS this really about the beer :thunk:

Why the gently caress do you have to sell them off, can't you just... stop buying them and drink them down? Or just have a party and share them with friends?

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants

loquacius posted:

That movie was pretty weird about America but it was even weirder about Portugal so

I find it hard to believe that a Portuguese woman, even a really young one, wouldn't know who Eusebio was.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

PetraCore posted:

All the women in the wedding party are holding bouquets, I don't think that's typical?

It's a thing yeah

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Everyone in my high school was super gay and they played rent constantly. I mean it literally though, statistically, our gay levels were off the chart.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Skutter posted:

How did everyone talk about nerd weddings and not post this loving picture?

I am disappointed in all of you.

I always wondered who the hell is the fez guy officiating

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Al Borland Corp. posted:

that's a Doctor Who, I think

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Matt Smith as Doctor Who

Sorry.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

dudeness posted:

Jesus gently caress lady, tell us the goddamn character so we can judge!

For some reason I said to myself "I bet it's Tornado" (One Punch Man) but apparently that character is 28 years old???? She sure doesn't look it.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

La Brea Carpet posted:

I went to a wedding where the first dance was the Shrek version of "Hallelujah." Unironically.

Er, you mean John Cale singing Hallelujah? That isn't specifically Shrek-related... Unless they specified.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006

Midnight Voyager posted:

Er, you mean John Cale singing Hallelujah? That isn't specifically Shrek-related... Unless they specified.

Rufus Wainwright did the Shrek version I think

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

there's like three other doctors who in the audience too, which seems like a little much even for this moronic context

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

girl pants posted:

I have to admit that at this point I would rather listen to Rent than Hamilton.

My sister [18/F] cannot carry a tune or act to save her life, but is encouraging my [25/F] parents [55/F/57/F] to pay her way to Broadway, and they're willing to pay.

this is how florence foster jenkins got her accolades, so why not. she played carnegie hall

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Why the gently caress do you have to sell them off, can't you just... stop buying them and drink them down? Or just have a party and share them with friends?

Im not sure you get collecting

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Midnight Voyager posted:

Yeah I know it's just a cover that ended up on the soundtrack but one of them straight up said they heard it on Shrek and have loved it ever since.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
On the one hand I would be kind of jealous if someone had a beer cellar of small batch stuff that's not sold at retail or limited release. On the other hand I don't know how you'd ever collect enough to need an entire cellar of it

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

girl pants posted:

And it's a perfectly good cover despite Shrek.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
lol if you listen to anything but the leonard cohen original :colbert:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The original Shrek is fine. The badwill is from the sequels. The original doesn’t actually ride too hard on the pop culture jokes.

Skutter
Apr 8, 2007

Well you can fuck that sky high!

loquacius posted:

PICTURED: Lena Dunham's origin story

all this makes me think is that this couple does not have any friends or family

The story behind this is that the bride's (IIRC) parents commissioned an actual Marvel artist for the painting. And the couple posted it on Reddit and Reddit broke their arms jerking off over it.

I think one of the many things I find annoying about this painting is how, I don't know, obvious their IP likes are? The woman likes the female-oriented stuff like Pokemon and Disney and GoT (which is just a medieval soap opera) and Harry Potter, and the guy likes LOTR, Marvel, and Star Trek. At least do more interesting IPs or non-obvious poo poo. Goddamn.

I am probably putting more thought into this than their parents did...

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
WHY HULK FORCED TO WAIT OUTSIDE

IS IT BECAUSE HULK GREEN

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

On the one hand I would be kind of jealous if someone had a beer cellar of small batch stuff that's not sold at retail or limited release. On the other hand I don't know how you'd ever collect enough to need an entire cellar of it

The silly thing is MOST commercially available beer isn't meant to be kept in a cellar and bottle aged. It will, in fact, start to go off if kept too long (usually 6mos-1year) so there's really no point in hoarding them.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Hire a shrek impersonator to sing rent songs at ur wedding

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

girl pants posted:

No, he did the one on the soundtrack. The one in the movie is John Cale.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

zakharov posted:

IS IT BECAUSE HULK GREEN
HULK SORRY HULK CRUSHED TINY WHITE BIRD

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Why does it have the insulting frenchman from Monty Python's Holy Grail though?

He would make a terrible wedding guest!

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

zakharov posted:

IS IT BECAUSE HULK GREEN

hulk can go in if he calms down but he'll never can down until they let him in

hulk's life is a cruel one

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006

dudeness posted:

You misspelled 'great'

Skutter
Apr 8, 2007

Well you can fuck that sky high!

dudeness posted:

They also have the Black Knight, who is having to stand up in the back, on one leg. Incredibly ableist.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

La Brea Carpet posted:

The silly thing is MOST commercially available beer isn't meant to be kept in a cellar and bottle aged. It will, in fact, start to go off if kept too long (usually 6mos-1year) so there's really no point in hoarding them.

yeah it's all the snobbery of collecting wine but much easier on the budget, and trendier as well

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
My taxidermy collection is legit collectible because all the animals on Earth are going extinct :smithicide:

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Skutter posted:

The story behind this is that the bride's (IIRC) parents commissioned an actual Marvel artist for the painting. And the couple posted it on Reddit and Reddit broke their arms jerking off over it.

I think one of the many things I find annoying about this painting is how, I don't know, obvious their IP likes are? The woman likes the female-oriented stuff like Pokemon and Disney and GoT (which is just a medieval soap opera) and Harry Potter, and the guy likes LOTR, Marvel, and Star Trek. At least do more interesting IPs or non-obvious poo poo. Goddamn.

I am probably putting more thought into this than their parents did...
I think it would be annoying no matter how distinct and erudite their tastes are. Ahh yes a painting with your favorite ingmar bergman and werner herzog characters, lovely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
I loving hate IPAs and it bugs me that my grocery store will stock dozens of them but not a single sour