Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
TOP TEN PLACES ALY RAISMAN WAS TOUCHED. YOU WON'T BELIEVE NUMBER THREE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

Keto? Lifting daily? Still not the level that olympic gymnasts do, but by the ordinary standards of Americans, it's way more than just halfheartedly doing weight watchers and going for a jog once a week or whatever. Maybe "extreme" was too extreme of a word, that's fair.

Olympic gymnasts really don't do any dieting, since they're all under 18 and it doesn't really matter what the gently caress they eat.

to be fair, there are very likely people in this thread that eat better than your typical olympic athlete since at a certain level it really doesn't matter what they consume.

Obviously in sports like oly lifting that have weight classes you're going to pay attention, but the people who compete at that level already have top tier genetics and can eat whatever they want.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Leperflesh posted:

Keto? Lifting daily? Still not the level that olympic gymnasts do, but by the ordinary standards of Americans, it's way more than just halfheartedly doing weight watchers and going for a jog once a week or whatever. Maybe "extreme" was too extreme of a word, that's fair.

You are showing your age sir :glomp:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Leperflesh posted:

I miss bread and I ran 5 miles yesterday trying to get back into running shape and my left Achilles is D Y I N G

Would not recommend.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

just had my second grad school interview in 2 weeks.

it was at mercer in atlanta, and i liked it way better than elon.

one more next week in knoxville. apparently that one tells you at the end whether they accept you or not lol

Spoeank posted:

I miss bread and I ran 5 miles yesterday trying to get back into running shape and my left Achilles is D Y I N G

Would not recommend.

stretch and hydrate you animal.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
to be fair though LF is right. The internet echo chambers people into extremes and min-maxing. This thread has more discussion of health and fitness in it than I've ever done IRL after high school basketball ended.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

TOP TEN PLACES ALY RAISMAN WAS TOUCHED. YOU WON'T BELIEVE NUMBER THREE!

WE RANKED THE TOP 10 HOTTEST VICTIMS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT, YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHERE WE PUT ELIZA DUSHKU!!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I'm not sure if I run to carb or carb to run.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

also swickles i dont know if you remember but you told me once that "healthcare team" was the new hotness buzzword.

Across two interviews I've tried to tie questions to that as much as I can, and every time I drop the term everyone starts nodding and taking notes so thanks fam.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I did not choose the carb life

The carb life chose me

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Who here has a favorite CRM for sales?

Because Act 2010 is loving garbage

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

Olympic gymnasts really don't do any dieting, since they're all under 18 and it doesn't really matter what the gently caress they eat.

https://www.livescience.com/55747-what-olympians-eat.html

quote:

But despite those amazing feats of prowess, these athletes aren't usually chowing down at the dinner table. Gymnasts benefit from tiny, muscular frames to generate the explosive power of a full-twisting double layout or an Amanar vault, but every extra ounce of body weight also makes it harder to get airborne, former Junior Olympic gymnast and nutrition coach Gina Paulhus told Bodybuilding.com.

What's more, although their routines involve explosive bursts of energy for a minute or two, there's also a lot of standing around waiting for their turn on the equipment, both during training and during meets. For instance, a 4-hour gymnastics workout burns just 1,000 calories, far less than the 2,400 calories burned during a brisk, 4-hour jog, according to Harvard Medical School.

As a result, gymnasts have earned a reputation for having highly restrictive diets, and for sometimes struggling with eating disorders.

"It's tough when you're in a sport that is judged on appearance," Clark said. "And many of those gymnasts are in bodies that it takes a lot of effort to keep."

For instance, former gymnast Dominique Moceanu told The New Yorker that former coaches Bela and Marta Karolyi put her on a diet of 900 calories a day.

Dieting isn't just caloric restriction, as you well know, and I assumed everyone in this thread had enough exposure to various diets that they'd understand that too.

I'm not sure how much credibility Cosmo has, but:
http://www.cosmopolitan.com/health-fitness/news/a60797/what-olympic-gymnast-gabby-douglas-really-eats-in-a-day/
http://www.cosmopolitan.com/health-fitness/a58597/aly-raisman-diet-diary/

These are extreme diets, in my opinion.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I did not choose the carb life

The carb life chose me

Every time you eat two slices of pizza it's like putting three spoonfuls of warm oil into your mouth

Those nine spoonfuls of warm oil were delicious.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

FizFashizzle posted:

also swickles i dont know if you remember but you told me once that "healthcare team" was the new hotness buzzword.

Across two interviews I've tried to tie questions to that as much as I can, and every time I drop the term everyone starts nodding and taking notes so thanks fam.

*begin whispering to each other and smiling*

"he knows about healthcare team. very nice."

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ehud posted:

*begin whispering to each other and smiling*

"he knows about healthcare team. very nice."

Man, this rebranding of death panels went great, everyone's using this term now!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

Awesome, good luck and congrats on the interviews. Another good term is "multidisciplinary approach" because that mens you also care about the patients feelings, or realize that sometimes a nutritionist can teach a patient to not eat crap.

Patient safety is also a new wave obsession, so anything that can be brought up to demonstrate that you are aware that it is a thing is impressive too.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
It has always amazed me how much interest you get in interviews if you use the appropriate lingo.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

https://www.livescience.com/55747-what-olympians-eat.html

Dieting isn't just caloric restriction, as you well know, and I assumed everyone in this thread had enough exposure to various diets that they'd understand that too.

I'm not sure how much credibility Cosmo has, but:
http://www.cosmopolitan.com/health-fitness/news/a60797/what-olympic-gymnast-gabby-douglas-really-eats-in-a-day/
http://www.cosmopolitan.com/health-fitness/a58597/aly-raisman-diet-diary/

These are extreme diets, in my opinion.

i know a lot of gymnasts who were JUST outside of that olympic group. Maybe there's a few exceptions, but I'm telling you, female gymnasts train so much they eat whatever they want. That's why they all have the "fluffy phase" when they get fat after retiring. they have to adjust their diets.

That's to say nothing about the men, who eat whatever the gently caress they way.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Relentlessboredomm posted:

It has always amazed me how much interest you get in interviews if you use the appropriate lingo.

At larger places, pretty often you're initially interviewing with recruiting that doesn't really understand the position beyond whatever writeup they were given for the interview.

Or if it's a small panel of 3 people, like 1 or 2 of them are that, and the others might be some mid-level manager for the hiring group, so you're still impressing most of them with just a handful of buzzwords.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

swickles posted:

Awesome, good luck and congrats on the interviews. Another good term is "multidisciplinary approach" because that mens you also care about the patients feelings, or realize that sometimes a nutritionist can teach a patient to not eat crap.

Patient safety is also a new wave obsession, so anything that can be brought up to demonstrate that you are aware that it is a thing is impressive too.

oh man today i had a Multiple Mini Interview, where you spent 3 minutes at a station then rotated to the next one. Each one was a question like "doctor has patients who want IV meds for headaches, so he gives them saline solution. what do you do?"

One of them was literally an improv scene where a child was given the wrong meds, and you had to tell her mom.

Eventually during our sessions she says, "well I'm going to sue you."

"Then I'd have to refer you to legal, and I'm not going to say another word to you."

The girl laughed.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
Keto sucks when all your friends adopt it and big parties now have no "regular" food so a noted carb-guzzler like me tries eating a ton of carb-replacements and my stomach revolts

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Master Stur posted:

Keto sucks when all your friends adopt it and big parties now have no "regular" food so a noted carb-guzzler like me tries eating a ton of carb-replacements and my stomach revolts

you mean you dont like quinoa?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

oh man today i had a Multiple Mini Interview, where you spent 3 minutes at a station then rotated to the next one. Each one was a question like "doctor has patients who want IV meds for headaches, so he gives them saline solution. what do you do?"

One of them was literally an improv scene where a child was given the wrong meds, and you had to tell her mom.

Eventually during our sessions she says, "well I'm going to sue you."

"Then I'd have to refer you to legal, and I'm not going to say another word to you."

The girl laughed.

Oh man, whenever I had to play the patient for younger students or something I would gently caress with them so hard. Actually the best was this one dude who had dextracardia but wouldn't tell first years before they would do the cardiac exam on him.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Salesforce is easily the best of the ones I've used. When I started my current job we had Go! CRM and that thing was loving garrrrrrbage

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I may just offer to pay for my own license because the sales volume I'll increase with a proper CRM will more than make up for it.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail

FizFashizzle posted:

It's not taste. I have no idea what it is, just last few times everyone has made keto versions of their dishes and by the time I get home I have the worst stomach pains in my life. Same for my wife and we're two of the three holdouts since literally everyone else went keto. :shrug:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/ToddDracula/status/954410865993879558

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
2 of my nieces are competitive cheerleaders, which is 1/3 tumbling, 1/3 acrobatics & 1/3 dance, and they are pretty damned good athletes. They train year-round. Another niece is a gymnast, and her training regimen is basically exactly the same as the cheerleaders. All 3 of them are badasses, and I enjoy watching them compete

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

I agree, regular birth and pregnancy is wrong and must change.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

2 of my nieces are competitive cheerleaders, which is 1/3 tumbling, 1/3 acrobatics & 1/3 dance, and they are pretty damned good athletes. They train year-round. Another niece is a gymnast, and her training regimen is basically exactly the same as the cheerleaders. All 3 of them are badasses, and I enjoy watching them compete

lol gymnastics literally created a sport to compete with competitive cheer

if you're ever playing trivia and they ask which highschool sport kills the most people every year, it's cheerleading.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

How many of them have you touched inappropriately?

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

swickles posted:

Screenshot because gently caress giving these guys clicks, but does everything need a god damned list?

USAT turned into a content mill because they figured out they can slash salaries and payroll, hire interns/entry-level talent and just roll with that while making the same $$ on ad deals.

What I'm saying is, gently caress USAT, and if you work for them irl, you want to find that door ASAP

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE63y7ctAwA

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Salesforce is p much industry standard, at least in tech.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

This is loving amazing.

I work a few blocks from the White House and saw a ton of people out with pro life signs at lunch today. So happy Donnie got to speak.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

i know a lot of gymnasts who were JUST outside of that olympic group. Maybe there's a few exceptions, but I'm telling you, female gymnasts train so much they eat whatever they want. That's why they all have the "fluffy phase" when they get fat after retiring. they have to adjust their diets.

That's to say nothing about the men, who eat whatever the gently caress they way.

well maybe if they'd been more dedicated to weight control they'd have made the cut!

I suspect actually it's a difference between different trainers and what they tell their girls to do. I'm in no position to say what effect a strict diet has on gymnastic performance, I'm just going by what I've read, which is universally about little girls with strict diets to keep super low body fat levels as an absolute necessity to hit peak performance in women's gymnastics.

FizFashizzle posted:

How is quinoa a carb substitute? It has a glycemic index of 53, compared to table sugar's 59. Or... is that :thejoke:

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

FizFashizzle posted:

if you're ever playing trivia and they ask which highschool sport kills the most people every year, it's cheerleading.

Is it death-on-site or complete life cycle health assessments?

Because girls soccer is savage. And of course football.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I tried quinoa once and it's so dangerously messy I am never trying again

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Quinoa is kind of a pain and will never replace the true bae of rice.

I vaguely recall some academic articles demonstrating a way to prepare rice with coconut oil that somehow magically made it better for you. Studies because obesity in asia going up as economic development goes up. Some how less calories or carbs absorbed by the body idk I'm drunk on cough syrup you figure out but rice is hella good.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

FizFashizzle posted:

There's a lot of concussions and torn ACLs involved

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

How many of them have you touched inappropriately?

This is gross, even for a Patriots fan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

How is quinoa a carb substitute? It has a glycemic index of 53, compared to table sugar's 59. Or... is that :thejoke:

People that do paleo or whatever always go to quinoa because it's technically not a carb.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Is it death-on-site or complete life cycle health assessments?

Because girls soccer is savage. And of course football.

Girl's soccer is the leading cause of ACL tears in collegiate athletics :eng101:

When things go wrong in competitive cheer, they go.....WRONG