Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://mobile.twitter.com/nytimes/status/833974298561888256

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Shear Modulus posted:

the prestige media's fascination with sympathetically profiling and interviewing every white supremacist and trump supporter in the country has got to be pissing off liberals by now and not just leftists who wanted to no-platform the far right from the start right

Actually yeah. They got hit for normalizing a Nazi a few weeks ago and they may get hit again for this, but only because they are posting lies and uninformed stupidity from shitheads.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 27 days!)

imo it's appropriate that America's Paper of Record should be full of stupid shitheads.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

very radical of the nyt to publish lists of people who should be shot when the revolution comes

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/BretStephensNYT/status/953961522912481280?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

gradenko_2000 has issued a correction as of 13:50 on Jan 18, 2018

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
i’m pretty sure he’s saying that america did the right thing by not banning all those people from coming over though

GoluboiOgon
Aug 19, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

i’m pretty sure he’s saying that america did the right thing by not banning all those people from coming over though

he only gets to that in the very last paragraph, but only after unironically citing the two most famous american anti-semites of the 1930s. he also reaffirms the whole "jewish communism" linkage, with 0 refutation. it also blames jews for stealing atomic secrets (klaus fuchs was Lutheran).

quote:

Similar charges have long been leveled at Jews. Henry Ford accused Jews of causing the First World War. A generation later, famed aviator Charles Lindbergh charged Jews with trying to inveigle the United States into war.

"A modest proposal" is obviously satire from the first paragraph. this is not, and it sounds more like the rantings of someone who wants to ethnically cleanse himself.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

his conclusion is that all the anti-Semitic stuff he lists was at least partially true, but that Jewish immigration was worth it anyway because Jewish millionaires created lots of American jobs and businesses, and the "organizational Jewish energies" of assimilated American Jews are now devoted to "protecting [America's] religious and cultural distinctiveness"

it's an incredibly neoliberal take, and also incredibly racist. its like all the people who defend illegal immigration for its economic benefits, except mingled with openly-expressed racism

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

it really comes off like bret stephens just wanted to write a bunch of nazi propaganda and have the times publish it so he wrote (btw this is satire) when most of the things he says come off as completely sincere

what about the judeo-bolsheviks? ah, well, they created jobs

the bitcoin of weed has issued a correction as of 17:46 on Jan 18, 2018

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

excited to see the nyt adopting the 13-year-old 4channer strategy of "ironically" posting nazi propaganda and concludingn "but actually if you think about it hitler had some good ideas"

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:
Hot take: The NYT is mostly good

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

LinYutang posted:

if that were the case it wouldnt be failing

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the nyt and every other big old media outlet is a newsroom of overworked and underpaid and underrecognized journalists doing journalism with an outsized parasitic growth called the editorial section that eats up an outsized part of the money and cashes in the goodwill from the good things the actual journalists do so that the editors and owners can push a far-right agenda

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

LinYutang posted:

ok

make a thread about it then

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Shear Modulus posted:

the nyt and every other big old media outlet is a newsroom of overworked and underpaid and underrecognized journalists doing journalism with an outsized parasitic growth called the editorial section that eats up an outsized part of the money and cashes in the goodwill from the good things the actual journalists do so that the editors and owners can push a far-right agenda

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
i looked at the trump supporters letters the Times printed today, and surprise, they're all overly wordy propaganda from wealthy bankers and business owners who very clearly wanted to try to sound extra smart for their favorite newspaper

almost all the letters were sent from cities or very wealthy suburbs. 10 of the 15 letters came from New York or New England. of the five remaining letters, two came from California, two came from major urban areas, and one came from a small rural Iowa community

my favorite letter is the one from Dane Davis, who tells a very personal-sounding story about his working-class upbringing and how Trump is the best for his fellow poverty-stricken workers, except that he gives enough personal details that it took about five seconds to discover he's a highly-connected investment banker who interned at the GOP and conservative thinktanks while attending a prestigious high-class university in London

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LinYutang posted:

okay, Hillary

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Main Paineframe posted:

i looked at the trump supporters letters the Times printed today, and surprise, they're all overly wordy propaganda from wealthy bankers and business owners who very clearly wanted to try to sound extra smart for their favorite newspaper

almost all the letters were sent from cities or very wealthy suburbs. 10 of the 15 letters came from New York or New England. of the five remaining letters, two came from California, two came from major urban areas, and one came from a small rural Iowa community

my favorite letter is the one from Dane Davis, who tells a very personal-sounding story about his working-class upbringing and how Trump is the best for his fellow poverty-stricken workers, except that he gives enough personal details that it took about five seconds to discover he's a highly-connected investment banker who interned at the GOP and conservative thinktanks while attending a prestigious high-class university in London

ah yes, trump's working class base

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I'm going to write an article that's nothing but ethnic slurs, put "btw this am satire" at the end, send to Thought Catalog and the NY Times simultaneously, and see who publishes it first.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

C. Everett Koop posted:

I'm going to write an article that's nothing but ethnic slurs, put "btw this am satire" at the end, send to Thought Catalog and the NY Times simultaneously, and see who publishes it first.

it'll be thought catalog lol

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

LinYutang posted:

no chance

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

LinYutang posted:

no,

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Should have linked to Gavin McInnis' tripe on that site imo.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

GoluboiOgon posted:

someone who wants to ethnically cleanse himself.

ah yes, the ultimate cucking

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Is that really a person and not just a parody written by Nick Mullen of cumtown?

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Crowsbeak posted:

Is that really a person and not just a parody written by Nick Mullen of cumtown?

it is written by nick mullen of cumtown

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Shear Modulus posted:

the prestige media's fascination with sympathetically profiling and interviewing every white supremacist and trump supporter in the country has got to be pissing off liberals by now and not just leftists who wanted to no-platform the far right from the start right

When you want those troll-clicks, nothing is better than literal Nazis

It's like those "Men's adventure Magazines" of yesteryear, but the people doing it are self-deceptive

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Shear Modulus posted:

There aren't any journalists anymore, there are bloggers on a mission flipping barely disguised AP wires.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
The criminal newsweek

https://twitter.com/justinjm1/statu...r%3D3502%23pti1

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Nebakenezzer posted:

When you want those troll-clicks, nothing is better than literal Nazis

It's like those "Men's adventure Magazines" of yesteryear, but the people doing it are self-deceptive

Ten Truths That Can Affect Your Virality:

# 1: Piss Tape is Real
# 2 - 10: Piss Tape is Real

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Fallen Hamprince posted:

Ten Truths That Can Affect Your Virality:

# 1: Piss Tape is Real
# 2 - 10: Piss Tape is Real

:quagmire:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://mobile.twitter.com/adamjohnsonNYC/status/936864446810427393

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 27 days!)

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
It's cool to wholly recapitulate the Neo-Nazi theory of the Frankfurt school's Jew-created cultural marxism and then at the end say it's satire

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

someone really needs to write a book on people like Klein

like do these guys just read mid-20th century policy books, mix it together with econ 101 and a dash of Friedmanite (both of them) garbage? I think it's a combination of that and always looking to make reality out to be more complex than it is that prevents liberals like Klein from just understanding Republicans are Bad.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

I'm really bad at this:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/danpfeiffer/status/954561120227831808

the REACTIONARY new york times

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Wait the dems actually did something worth a poo poo? I'm pretty sure that is inaccurate.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Wait the dems actually did something worth a poo poo? I'm pretty sure that is inaccurate.

E: lmao

https://twitter.com/jonathanweisman/status/954563835997904898

gradenko_2000 has issued a correction as of 05:16 on Jan 20, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

KaptainKrunk posted:

someone really needs to write a book on people like Klein

like do these guys just read mid-20th century policy books, mix it together with econ 101 and a dash of Friedmanite (both of them) garbage? I think it's a combination of that and always looking to make reality out to be more complex than it is that prevents liberals like Klein from just understanding Republicans are Bad.

Klein is trump for libs; he doesn’t understand anything he just barks in a way that idiot followers can go “whoa yeah me too “