Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Minto Took posted:

Pop-tarts are great and my wife's half-German brother-in-law eats sauerkraut right out of the can.

I'm full german, and I can kinda eat it out of the can (like, I can eat it to not die and without feeling bad)....but as soon as it's warm, I'm out, like no way, kill me please....I like Kimchi though...but also only if it's cold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Saurkraut is gross, sorry to inform you all. But then I don't like pickled anything, except the occasional sweet pickle with a grilled cheese sandwich. And only the kind my grandma made when I was a kid.

Pop tarts, on the other hand... guess where this is going... are good. They are like $2.00 a box and I keep one in my desk drawer for those mornings where I need a good sugary snack. I didn't even know they came without icing, that's a bad choice.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Sauerkraut? I’m sorry, did you mean Liberty Cabbage???

I was pissed in 7th grade when the school changed pop-tarts from 99 cents to $1.25 in the vending machine. I used to eat that poo poo every day.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

CratSock posted:

But then I don't like pickled anything

I didn't even know they came without icing, that's a bad choice.

Bless your heart

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
are unfrosted pop tarts like unfiltered cigs where no store stocks them and the cashier looks at you weird if you buy them

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Feels Villeneuve posted:

are unfrosted pop tarts like unfiltered cigs where no store stocks them and the cashier looks at you weird if you buy them

I'm guessing yes. That's definitely an item that has the cashier judging your life choices.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

*cashier scans then looks up at you with that "but... why?" expression, then puts the box into your grocery bag*

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Feels Villeneuve posted:

My Dedo used to smoke unfiltered sigs. Then he died of heart failure.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Frosted Pop-Tarts are just Pop-Tarts with a thin layer of plastic on top. There’s no point.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Plain rear end strawberry Pop-Tart smashed into vanilla ice cream is good

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

If you've got Amazon Prime then check out Formula One Drivers aka The Quick and the Dead.

I don't think anything is more 1970's than this. It's pretty brutal in places, the film starts with slomo footage of the Tom Pryce accident at Kyalami and there's no shying away from showing crashes in the rest of the film. The music and engine noises are turned way up in the audio mix and the use of 'effects' can be quite jarring. There's a bit towards the end where there's some extended acid-funk jamming going down over footage of drivers going round the Nurburgring with visual effects that look like they've been inspired by the Grateful Dead. Then it cuts straight to footage of the Williamson crash at Zandvoort. Stacy Keach as narrator keeps up maximum potentousness at all times. There's some lengthy interview segments with Revson, Hailwood and especially Cevert. Hearing Cevert talking about being behind Rindt when he died at Monza in 1970 is hard when you know he died in similar circumstances at the Glen in '73.

You can now go back to your regularly scheduled pop tart bantz.

biglads fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Jan 20, 2018

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

biglads posted:

If you've got Amazon Prime then check out Formula One Drivers aka The Quick and the Dead.

I don't think anything is more 1970's than this. It's pretty brutal in places, the film starts with slomo footage of the Tom Pryce accident at Kyalami and there's no shying away from showing crashes in the rest of the film. The music and engine noises are turned way up in the audio mix and the use of 'effects' can be quite jarring. There's a bit towards the end where there's some extended acid-funk jamming going down over footage of drivers going round the Nurburgring with visual effects that look like they've been inspired by the Grateful Dead. Then it cuts straight to footage of the Williamson crash at Zandvoort. Stacky Keach as narrator keeps up maximum potentousness at all times. There's some lengthy interview segments with Revson, Hailwood and especially Cevert. Hearing Cevert talking about being behind Rindt when he died at Monza in 1970 is hard when you know he died in similar circumstances at the Glen in '73.

You can now go back to your regularly scheduled pop tart bantz.

This post needs more pop tart or hot dog information.

But thanks, I have Prime kicking in this month and that sounds awesome.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

CratSock posted:

This post needs more pop tart or hot dog information.

But thanks, I have Prime kicking in this month and that sounds awesome.

I skimmed all of the hot dog posts because I rely on the Doobie thread in GBS for all my hot dog posting requirements (except this one).

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
I thought the thread might like Danica's comments on the UK:

https://www.autosport.com/nascar/news/133978/patrick-final-nascar-year-was-a-grind

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

quote:

"You see each other three, four days every week for 40 weeks of the year, so you've got to be in a good space with people.

She's never had a real job, had she?

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

ImplicitAssembler posted:

She's never had a real job, had she?

From the sound of that article, nope.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Can’t imagine a lot of professional racing drivers have.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Very few professional sportspeople have had a 'real job'

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Seriously..she's complaining about having to work with the same people for 3-4 days a week for 40 weeks a year?. I hope for her that she's saved up enough to not ever having to work again, because otherwise she's in for a real shock.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Seriously..she's complaining about having to work with the same people for 3-4 days a week for 40 weeks a year?. I hope for her that she's saved up enough to not ever having to work again, because otherwise she's in for a real shock.

She could always move to France.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
BTCC legend Rob Collard has a "real" job in demolition which makes sense if you have ever seen Rob Collard drive.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

No, that’s not what she’s saying. She’s saying everyone was frustrated because they were performing poorly, and that’s unpleasant to be around all the time.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I'd rather work at Walmart than be in the unpleasant situation of being a well paid nascar driver in an underperforming team.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
I would rather do customer service 16 hours a day at a shop catering exclusively to assholes than work at Ferrari and be forced to cheat by Vettel and Captain Cigarrette

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
???

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

New DLC for Aoe2 is out: Dynasties of India

poty posted:

I would rather do customer service 16 hours a day at a shop catering exclusively to assholes than work at Ferrari and be forced to cheat by Vettel and Captain Cigarrette
I don't know, I'd rather work at Ferrari than serve Ferrari fans for 16 hours a day.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

If you work for Ferrari odds are you're working closer to 16 hours a week.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i would love to work for Ferrari

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Drinking some Portuguese Wine.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
dont drink

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

DoctorGonzo posted:

i would love to work for Ferrari

Same, it would be good.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Working for Ferrari would be awesome. Paid over the odds for being a talentless moron? The entire Worst Thread should sign up.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NtotheTC posted:

Working for Ferrari would be awesome. Paid over the odds for being a talentless moron? The entire Worst Thread should sign up.

Turn your monitor

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

NtotheTC posted:

If you want this you could just work for the government.

This works for every nationality in here I bet.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
government is closed sucka

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Dubs posted:

government is closed sucka

Point proven then!

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Cooking up some Chinese luncheon meat

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

Cooking up some Chinese luncheon meat

Take your dick off the stove

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

Take your dick off the stove

Click here to see the latest War and Peace plot synopsis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fb2fKkueFE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
FYI Grand Tour this week has a well made non goofy segment about the 1983 Lancia WRC car/team

• Locked thread